bornontheblue

Corona Virus - How bad is it going to be?

glancing at google news today and noticed one article referencing a 7 hour flight to Ireland that resulted in 59 people catching the virus.

underneath that article is one that claims flying is safer than grocery shopping

and there’s another that claims your more likely to get struck by lightning than catching the virus on a plane

so …

32 minutes ago, Del Scorcho said:

glancing at google news today and noticed one article referencing a 7 hour flight to Ireland that resulted in 59 people catching the virus.

underneath that article is one that claims flying is safer than grocery shopping

and there’s another that claims your more likely to get struck by lightning than catching the virus on a plane

so …

Clickbait for the muh freedom crowd to have a ton of cookies on their computer/phone.  I think it is fairly unanimous with the scientists, and anecdotally that the latter articles don't make much sense.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, soupslam1 said:

The virus is now spreading to less populated states. That shouldn’t be a surprise. The lag factor is real. 

I called this months ago. It would take a bit of time for it to hit places like Wyoming and Montana, but once it did, it would make footholds and spread. Which is exactly what happened.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Soccer superstar Zlatan Ibrahimovic is known to have a high opinion of himself.

AC Milan forward Zlatan Ibrahimovic, who has recently recovered after testing positive for coronavirus, has joined an information campaign, telling the public to respect social distancing and wear a mask.

"The virus challenged me and I won," he said. "But you are not Zlatan, don't challenge the virus.

In the beginning the Universe was created.
This has made a lot of people very angry and been widely regarded as a bad move.

2 minutes ago, RSF said:

Soccer superstar Zlatan Ibrahimovic is known to have a high opinion of himself.

AC Milan forward Zlatan Ibrahimovic, who has recently recovered after testing positive for coronavirus, has joined an information campaign, telling the public to respect social distancing and wear a mask.

"The virus challenged me and I won," he said. "But you are not Zlatan, don't challenge the virus.

Dude is so badass

39 minutes ago, Stealthlobo said:

Dude is so badass

Amazing how talented he is, and he still can have an ego even bigger than his talent....:D

This has made a lot of people very angry and been widely regarded as a bad move.

25 minutes ago, RSF said:

Amazing how talented he is, and he still can have an ego even bigger than his talent....:D

Usually I don't like the very cocky athletes but there is something about Zlatan that makes his ego endearing. Its like it is so far over the line that he has to be in on the joke. OR its all real which is just as funny. Then he backs it up.

Can we change this into a Zlatan thread?? Best quotes:

“When you buy me, you are buying a Ferrari. If you drive a Ferrari you put premium petrol in the tank, you hit the motorway and you step on the gas. Guardiola filled up with diesel and took a spin in the countryside. He should have bought a Fiat.” –  Don’t waste Zlatan.

“I don’t believe they can change the Eiffel Tower for my statue, even the people behind the club. But if they can, I will stay here — I promise you.” – PSG were that close to keeping him.

“I don’t think that you can score as spectacular a goal as those of Zlatan in a video game — even though these games are very realistic these days.” – Probably true.

“I won’t be the King of Manchester, I will be the God of Manchester.” – Hmmmm

“A World Cup without me is nothing to watch, so it is not worth waiting for the World Cup.” – When Portugal knocked Sweden out in the play-offs.

“It’s true I don’t know much about the players here, but they definitely know who I am.” – After moving to PSG, again, probably true.

“What do you mean, ‘present?’ She got Zlatan.” – When asked what he got his wife for Valentine’s day.

“First I went left; he did too. Then I went right and he did too. Then I went left again and he went to buy a hot dog.” – One of his best.

“I can’t help but laugh at how perfect I am.” – Peak Zlatan.

“Come to my house and you’ll see if I’m gay. And bring your sister.”

After Zlatan was photographed with Barcelona teammate Gerard Pique in a close embrace, rumors began to circulate about the Swedish star’s sexuality. One Spanish female reporter questioned the man himself, to which he originally ignored the question. Later, when Zlatan was in his car, he invited the female reporter over to answer her question. He replied – “come to my house and you’ll see if I’m gay. And bring your sister.”

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Nothing is currently stopping this virus. It’s like a tsunami. The only safe place is high ground (Isolating in your home). Even on high ground you watch everything below you getting destroyed. Mother Nature is kicking our ass and masks/distancing is like trying to surf the tsunami on a sheet of plywood. 

• Cheers 1

2 minutes ago, Bob said:

Safe is a relative term. If you get the virus your odds of survival are only like 99.9%.

But, yes. The hubris of mankind is astounding. Thinking we could stop a virus that spreads like the common cold. It's be funny if the consequences weren't so tragic. 

I’m old with asthma so I don’t tempt Mother Nature. Even so I’m not hiding out in my home and do most of what I did prepandemic. I just try and avoid crowds of people. 

• Like 2

I heard after Tuesday, nobody's going to talk about Covid anymore.

So its all good....

2 hours ago, Bob said:

Seeing Zlatan and AC Milan destroy the Europa League this year is not even fair. I watched some of AC Milan and Celtic (my favorite team, them, Rangers and Liverpool). Wasn't a fair fight!

Both Rangers and Celtic? That is a strange dynamic given the hatred between the fan bases. 

Thay Haif Said: Quhat Say Thay? Lat Thame Say