bornontheblue

Corona Virus - How bad is it going to be?

On 10/19/2020 at 3:12 PM, halfmanhalfbronco said:

My father works downtown as well.  His restaurant is really slow but said starting about 8 PM the bars and clubs fill up with 20 somethings.  On the weekends everything is packed.

The 21-32 age group is killing us.  Literally.  I can't really blame Trump too much for that, although some consistent messaging or any plan at all would be nice.  I would also like to see Biden and Bernie state strongly that kids should not be out partying but they won't.

Do you honestly think it would make a difference. Hell most young people don’t even vote, or care who is president for that matter. 

This virus has a mind of its own and short of a 100% lockdown is like trying to stop a tsunami. Those that think it can be controlled are morons. 

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1

(Reuters) - Nearly 300,000 more people have died in the United States in 2020 during the coronavirus pandemic than would be expected based on historical trends, with at least two-thirds due to COVID-19, a government report released on Tuesday showed, adding that COVID deaths likely were undercounted.

https://mobile.reuters.com/article/amp/idUSKBN2752NQ?__twitter_impression=true

sobering

44 minutes ago, Del Scorcho said:

Fear not. Noted board epidemiologist @Bob says if it doesn't kill at least 3 million, zero +++++s should be given. And he has a graph from a veterinarian on Twitter to prove it.

• Haha 6

12 hours ago, soupslam1 said:

Do you honestly think it would make a difference. Hell most young people don’t even vote, or care who is president for that matter. 

This virus has a mind of its own and short of a 100% lockdown is like trying to stop a tsunami. Those that think it can be controlled are morons. 

It’s funny that some think containment is still an option with this thing.

v0icAvfW.jpg

15 minutes ago, renoskier said:

"Actual" babies? As opposed to the other kind of babies :shrug:

#Fakebabies

In the beginning the Universe was created.
This has made a lot of people very angry and been widely regarded as a bad move.

4 minutes ago, Bob said:

My heart hurts for the children that don't get to go to school and be educated by professional educators and have normal, healthy interactions with other children.

One of the most enjoyable experiences to this point in my life has been seeing my kindergarten son's progress this fall in school. A little background... I don't know if he's stubborn, or slightly low IQ, or if my wife and I are unable to connect with him in the way we have with our others, but he REFUSED to learn anything from us. period. It was to the point where I was beginning to think he may have some sort of disability.   He hardly knew any letters, couldn't count worth a shit, wouldn't learn to write his name or draw shapes or even hold his pencil correctly. Well, after two months of school (every day, mind you, we are so lucky) his progress has been remarkable. He can count to 100, he writes his name beautifully (for a 5 year old), knows his letters, and is even beginning to read. I'm shocked. Most of all, I'm so thankful to his teacher who has been able to use her talents and abilities to bless MY son's life. I can tell you him being at school has changed his attitude and demeanor. It's been humbling for me to see the progress he's making and that I couldn't help him make it, it took someone else with more talent and ability than I have.  And my heart hurts for other kids and their parents that are getting robbed of experiences like this

Good news. As many parents are finding out the hard way, teaching isn't necessarily easy and most teachers are pretty good at what they do. Also, don't discount the effects of "peer pressure", it is an amazing motivator for good and unfortunately sometimes not so good.

Bob, also keep in mind that our current situation isn't forever. It often helps to take a long view, in the course of an average 80 life span, this will be a relatively small, but memorable, blip. 

The proverb, "patience is a virtue", seems to be forgotten in our "want it all right now" world.

• Like 1