bornontheblue

Corona Virus - How bad is it going to be?

Times Square at noon today. This is effectively the cultural center of our country.  We've ruined our society. It was worth it, though!! The fear mongering was so thoroughly complete that NYC has effectively died. People are fleeing in droves. The pandemic's literally over in NYC, yet people are too scared to go about their lives. Truly sad

Efy6E1MWoAEWTF9?format=jpg&name=small

17 minutes ago, Bob said:

Times Square at noon today. This is effectively the cultural center of our country.  We've ruined our society. It was worth it, though!! The fear mongering was so thoroughly complete that NYC has effectively died. People are fleeing in droves. The pandemic's literally over in NYC, yet people are too scared to go about their lives. Truly sad

Trump got rid of the immigrants.  He should take credit for that.  Promises made, Promises kept.

• Haha 2
4 hours ago, Bob said:

Meanwhile, Fluhan China is partying like it's 2018. Call me "batty" but sumpin don't seem right

• Like 1
On 8/19/2020 at 3:03 PM, Bob said:

What are those little red and white tables for? Outdoor dining? 

Trying to speed up testing to have a vaccine before the election would also be a political not a scientific move.

And "saving lives"? I keep hearing some people say coronavirus is not as bad as other diseases and it is mainly older people who don't matter. Open up and don't try to save lives without a vaccine but we need a vaccine to save lives? Confusing logic. :hmmm:

I think I've read every post in this 531 page thread, going back to early March. With the exception of some teams and shit flare-ups, overall, this has been one of the best sources of discourse regarding all things Covid that I've found on the Internet. I allow myself 30-45 minutes of news per day and this thread has always made that rotation. 

• Like 5
  • Cheers 1
On 8/19/2020 at 4:03 PM, Bob said:

Think apartment rent will go down? Just looked a studio can go from $1700 to $4600. 

• Like 1
5 minutes ago, pokerider said:

Image may contain: 5 people, meme, text that says '45 OUT OF 50 US GOVERNORS DID NOT FORCE COVID-19 INFECTED PATIENTS INTO NURSING HOMES BUT 5 OF THEM DID Andrew Cuomo (NY) TomWolf Wolf (PA) Phil Murphy (NJ) Gavin Newsom (CA) Gretchen Whitmer (MI) THAT IS NEARLY 40% OF ALL COVID-19 DEATHS IN THE UNITED STATES'

Forcing COVID patients in to nursing homes was a bad idea and resulting in people dying. But California ranks 28th in deaths per capita, pretty silly to lump them in with New York and New Jersey. Pennsylvania also ranks outside the top 10 (14th), and Michigan ranks (9th). 

11 hours ago, Del Scorcho said:

I’d like to see some data on this before I get too excited.  What % of cases experience this after x # of weeks and how severe are the symptoms?  Is this a rare and unfortunate side effect for a very small minority or is there some more substance to the volumes?  This thing has become too politicized at this point.  It’s unfortunate.

26 minutes ago, SalinasSpartan said:

Forcing COVID patients in to nursing homes was a bad idea and resulting in people dying. But California ranks 28th in deaths per capita, pretty silly to lump them in with New York and New Jersey. Pennsylvania also ranks outside the top 10 (14th), and Michigan ranks (9th). 

Wait, are you saying my racist uncle's Facebook posts that look like they're a copy of a copy of a copy of a copy aren't a quality source of info? 

• Haha 2