bornontheblue

Corona Virus - How bad is it going to be?

13 minutes ago, renoskier said:

It's really way too soon to say. Accurate stats won't be available for at least 6 more months.

Suicide rates have been increasing since 1999. About 1%/year between 1999 and 2006, and about 2%/year since then. :(

https://www.cdc.gov/nchs/products/databriefs/db362.htm

I wouldn't doubt if suicides go up more than usual.  Perhaps DV too.  Not sure about divorce, but I think some families will come out stronger.

But prepare for separation anxiety for the pets.  They are probably quite happy right now though.  Mine sure are.  

• Cheers 1

3 minutes ago, East Coast Aztec said:

I wouldn't doubt if suicides go up more than usual.  Perhaps DV too.  Not sure about divorce, but I think some families will come out stronger.

But prepare for separation anxiety for the pets.  They are probably quite happy right now though.  Mine sure are.  

Since quarantine started I know at least two couples who are now in marriage counseling and another actively seeking a divorce attorney. At least no children are involved, but the pandemic forced their demons out into the open. 

0918_FootballVBoise(Weir)6081.jpg.91934a8a511e3532b39599f1988bbacb.jpg

1 minute ago, ridgeview2 said:

Since quarantine started I know at least two couples who are now in marriage counseling and another actively seeking a divorce attorney. At least no children are involved, but the pandemic forced their demons out into the open. 

Gotta be frank, is that specific thing bad?  Not the virus or anything related to that, but getting that stuff out there, so maybe we don't string out relationships that are toxic?  Conversely, I know people who are doing really well, since they now eat at the dinner table, activities in the house, go camping.  So perhaps some positive with the negative.  But I am a glass half full kinda guy.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, East Coast Aztec said:

Gotta be frank, is that specific thing bad?  Not the virus or anything related to that, but getting that stuff out there, so maybe we don't string out relationships that are toxic?  Conversely, I know people who are doing really well, since they now eat at the dinner table, activities in the house, go camping.  So perhaps some positive with the negative.  But I am a glass half full kinda guy.

I can agree with that. I was just mentioning that since the pandemic started I've seen a few couples go through marriage turmoil and I'm with you that I think it's good to get it out now rather that suffer through years of anger if there was no pandemic. I've taught a lot of children who came from divorced homes and only a few have been able to make it work. 

0918_FootballVBoise(Weir)6081.jpg.91934a8a511e3532b39599f1988bbacb.jpg

My wife and I are both public school teachers who are now in a 14 day quarantine.  We were exposed by another teacher that was purely accidental.  We will be tested this week sometime with another 3-5 days to wait on results. It suck!  After 23 years of teaching I miss my students and being with my people!  

I’m hoping we are negative and can get back to school sooner rather than later.  Also, my youngest is a senior and we have to miss his Senior night this week because of this.  Heartbreaking for his mom and I

• Sad 2

2 hours ago, Wyoguns said:

My wife and I are both public school teachers who are now in a 14 day quarantine.  We were exposed by another teacher that was purely accidental.  We will be tested this week sometime with another 3-5 days to wait on results. It suck!  After 23 years of teaching I miss my students and being with my people!  

I’m hoping we are negative and can get back to school sooner rather than later.  Also, my youngest is a senior and we have to miss his Senior night this week because of this.  Heartbreaking for his mom and I

I ask these following questions in complete seriousness,  something I've been thinking about and you may be able to give some insight:

1. Were you,your wife and the other teacher wearing masks?

2. Were either of you within 6ft of the other teacher for more than 10 minutes?

3. How did the determination that the other was 'infected' come about and how were you notified?

Edit: I ask because of a recent work experience. ..that I'll expound on after your answers. Thanks in advance!

2 minutes ago, Blue voodoo said:

Thought it took more then a day to test positive?seems too me your full of shit. Just sayin

It was about a 6 hour turn around from test to results.  I could give two shits if you believe me or not you clown.  lol 

There are other tests...I’m getting tested tomorrow... that take 2-3 days

20 minutes ago, Wyoguns said:

We were not wearing masks at the time but we were at least 6 feet apart.

Je felt poorly the next day and went in and tested positive....just got a text from him and he is running a 102.2 temperature right now

Did the school you work at put you under quarantine? 

7 minutes ago, Blue voodoo said:

Not angry I can speak my mind like others.What make my slurs different from others?this message board or on the streets?

Sorry dude, but "fag" is an anti-homosexual slur. I'd suggest that you remove it from your vocabulary. Shit, it's even blocked here when used on its own.

side note, @mugtang, apologies for bypassing the filter. 

By daughter was sent home from school on Friday with some Covid symptoms.  I went and got her a test immediately and got the results Saturday.  Thankfully she was negative.  Now I just have to figure out who to send the results to so she can go back to school this week.

• Sad 3

thelawlorfaithful, on 31 Dec 2012 - 04:01 AM, said:One of the rules I live by: never underestimate a man in a dandy looking sweater

2 minutes ago, mugtang said:

By daughter was sent home from school on Friday with some Covid symptoms.  I went and got her a test immediately and got the results Saturday.  Thankfully she was negative.  Now I just have to figure out who to send the results to so she can go back to school this week.

Glad to hear that she was negative.

Even with all of the frustrations involved, I'm glad that my kids are still doing school from home to be honest.

Just now, Wyoguns said:

Glad she was negative Mug

Me too.  Although if she had it I'm sure she would've been fine.  Neither of us are high risk.  Now, if this was 3 years ago when I looked like I swallowed myself (I was morbidly obese) I would be terrified.  

thelawlorfaithful, on 31 Dec 2012 - 04:01 AM, said:One of the rules I live by: never underestimate a man in a dandy looking sweater