Jump to content
bornontheblue

Corona Virus - How bad is it going to be?

Recommended Posts

On 7/23/2020 at 10:30 AM, Del Scorcho said:

great credit to health care workers/scientists everywhere who greatly reduced the number of hospitalizations/death rate by dealing with this on a daily basis.  Without their work our numbers would be dismal.

And let's not assume these people can keep going forever. I'm sure many are at the brink of exhaustion now. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 7/23/2020 at 10:15 AM, East Coast Aztec said:

 

I have heard of both private businesses and county health departments (one which told my school district) have said no to face shields as an appropriate alternative.  I don't know why that is, but perhaps because spray can still escape from the bottom?  :shrug:

 

I don't have an informed opinion, so I am not suggesting a right or wrong here

 

ETA: edit to clarify private as private businesses

Face shields may work great in certain situations, but if aerosol transmission is a major factor, they won't work without masks in many settings. 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, NVGiant said:

Irrefutable proof that masks still allow you to breathe, and that we have a lot of morons in this country calling people sheep. 

And a lot of dumb ass people that think masks are the end all. Many don’t even wear them properly. I still practice distancing even if people are wearing masks precisely because of the above video. Note Fauci the sometimes opponent and proponent of masks sitting between and talking to two people without his mask on. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, soupslam1 said:

And a lot of dumb ass people that think masks are the end all. Many don’t even wear them properly. I still practice distancing even if people are wearing masks precisely because of the above video. Note Fauci the sometimes opponent and proponent of masks sitting between and talking to two people without his mask on. 

Nobody credible thinks it's the end all. But that video is useless. All it shows is that air passes through masks, which is pretty good because suffocation would sort of defeat the purpose. What it doesn't show is whether or not it is effective in reducing the tiny droplets that spread the virus, which is the whole point of wearing the mask. 

Why people take dumb shit off the internet as any kind of "information" is beyond me. Now, social distancing with a mask on is a really good idea, because masks are indeed not the end all. That's really smart. So good for you on that. The rest of your post is just political garbage that anti-maskers use to jerk themselves off with.

  • Like 5
Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 minutes ago, soupslam1 said:

And a lot of dumb ass people that think masks are the end all. Many don’t even wear them properly. I still practice distancing even if people are wearing masks precisely because of the above video. Note Fauci the sometimes opponent and proponent of masks sitting between and talking to two people without his mask on. 

You would think that if masks were useful whatsoever, a mask mandate would have slowed the spread in CA... even just flattened the curve the slightest amount. Nope. Exponential spreading. Onward to herd immunity. Let science and common sense prevail.

Ed8AU83UMAEivR5?format=png&name=small

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, NVGiant said:

Nobody credible thinks it's the end all. But that video is useless. All it shows is that air passes through masks, which is pretty good because suffocation would sort of defeat the purpose. What it doesn't show is whether or not it is effective in reducing the tiny droplets that spread the virus, which is the whole point of wearing the mask. 

Why people take dumb shit off the internet as any kind of "information" is beyond me. Now, social distancing with a mask on is a really good idea, because masks are indeed not the end all. That's really smart. So good for you on that. The rest of your post is just political garbage that anti-maskers use to jerk themselves off with.

I’m not an anti masker. I just understand the limitations, which a lot of people don’t, which the video demonstrates.  Like I said I see masked people walk up to each other and start talking, or people not covering their nose. And Fauci your god father is a hypocrite on wearing a mask. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

56 minutes ago, soupslam1 said:

I’m not an anti masker. I just understand the limitations, which a lot of people don’t, which the video demonstrates.  Like I said I see masked people walk up to each other and start talking, or people not covering their nose. And Fauci your god father is a hypocrite on wearing a mask. 

I never said you were an anti masker. But that video demonstrates nothing other than air passes through masks. So, nailed it! That video is made by idiots for idiots.

And Fauci is my god?

This country has lost its mind.

 

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

The people who think masks do nothing are wrong. They stop concentrated virus in expelled droplets.

The people who think masks protect against everything are also wrong. Virus is aerolized projections can get through the mask.

Physics, yo.

  • Like 4
Link to comment
Share on other sites

54 minutes ago, NVGiant said:

Nobody credible thinks it's the end all. But that video is useless. All it shows is that air passes through masks, which is pretty good because suffocation would sort of defeat the purpose. What it doesn't show is whether or not it is effective in reducing the tiny droplets that spread the virus, which is the whole point of wearing the mask. 

Why people take dumb shit off the internet as any kind of "information" is beyond me. Now, social distancing with a mask on is a really good idea, because masks are indeed not the end all. That's really smart. So good for you on that. The rest of your post is just political garbage that anti-maskers use to jerk themselves off with.

It's the spittle on your breath that carries the viral load.  A cloth mask will not stop all of it but if it reduces it, seems a no brainer.

  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 minutes ago, halfmanhalfbronco said:

It's the spittle on your breath that carries the viral load.  A cloth mask will not stop all of it but if it reduces it, seems a no brainer.

It is a no-brainer. It's simply a reduction of risk, which seems like a pretty good idea. The partisanship over masks is the dumbest thing I can think of. 

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

55 minutes ago, soupslam1 said:

I’m not an anti masker. I just understand the limitations, which a lot of people don’t, which the video demonstrates.  Like I said I see masked people walk up to each other and start talking, or people not covering their nose. And Fauci your god father is a hypocrite on wearing a mask. 

If you are not an anti masker then what exactly is the point of you regurgitating these anti mask arguments? 

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, NVGiant said:

It is a no-brainer. It's simply a reduction of risk, which seems like a pretty good idea. The partisanship over masks is the dumbest thing I can think of. 

There seem to be a lot of University of Facebook School of Medicine grads around. Funny how they had a hard time passing high school biology.

  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, NVGiant said:

It is a no-brainer. It's simply a reduction of risk, which seems like a pretty good idea. The partisanship over masks is the dumbest thing I can think of. 

If you can not do it as a courtesy to other people in case you have the virus then do it for selfish reasons.  Sports, the economy, not having everybody think you are a prick, etc...

If it helps even a little and by all accounts it does, why not do it?

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

21 minutes ago, halfmanhalfbronco said:

It's the spittle on your breath that carries the viral load.  A cloth mask will not stop all of it but if it reduces it, seems a no brainer.

Why listen to infectious disease experts who have spent a lifetime acquiring knowledge specific to this, when you can watch a random guy on the internet take bong hits? 

  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

42 minutes ago, Stealthlobo said:

The people who think masks do nothing are wrong. They stop concentrated virus in expelled droplets.

The people who think masks protect against everything are also wrong. Virus is aerolized projections can get through the mask.

Physics, yo.

The thing is, who is arguing that masks protect against everything? I haven't seen this at all. It seems to be a complete straw man set up by anti-maskers to make the argument that if masks can't stop everything then you might as well do nothing. 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.



  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...