bornontheblue

Corona Virus - How bad is it going to be?

2 hours ago, Bob said:

lol. K, sheep! You better hide in your house forever and wear a mask the rest of your life. I better not see you ever take it off in public or I'll ask you why you want grandma to die. How many people have you personally killed in your life from passing on the flu or other viruses to "high-risk" individuals that subsequently passed away? Pretty much every death ever could have been prevented, you know.

lol, k. Good lord, you're more dumb than I remember.

• Like 4
2 minutes ago, Bob said:

Good job at ignoring all my questions

I'll continue to follow scientific guidelines while you continue to spew nonsense and garbage. Sound good?

If your questions were genuine in nature, it would be one thing, but they're not.

1 hour ago, thelawlorfaithful said:

Again, bang him for that. It took how long to look all that up? But implying hardy har har dumb Republican got sick cuz he went out to dinner 4 months ago when there were 7 cases total in the state is chickenshit.

It's chickenshit to assume my words, especially when they weren't spoken.  Don't be a chickenshit.

1 hour ago, thelawlorfaithful said:

Then bang him for that. Not because he took his kids out to eat when three day’s before we were holding basketball games in packed stadiums all over the country.

I didn’t bang him for going to eat did I?  But he clearly repeatedly downplayed the virus.  

give @Bob a break he just discovered that Wal-Mart now requires masks.  This leaves the Piggly-Wiggly, All a Dollar and the landfill as his last no masked bastions of securing food

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

This is a picture of Galen Rupp winning the 10,000 meters at the 2011 US T&F championships.  See, Rupp has allergies, and the pollen counts were so high that rather than drop out, he wore the mask.

edska9w3trnyrfwjq7vw.jpg

20 hours ago, madmartigan said:

In some positive news, cases in Utah dropped for the third straight day. 

With minimal mask wearing, at least in southern Utah 

1 hour ago, toonkee said:

With minimal mask wearing, at least in southern Utah 

Salt Lake ( by far the most populous county in Utah) and Summit counties issued a mask mandate on June 27th ( before that the mandate was being blocked by the Governor ). Amidst rising Covid cases, the state also issued a mandate for the wearing of masks in schools.

However, still lots of lunatics, as evidenced by the meeting in Utah county :

https://www.ksl.com/article/46777290/anti-mask-crowd-fills-utah-county-meeting-on-mask-mandate-exemption-request-meeting-rescheduled-due-to-health-concerns

Denna Robertson, one of the rally organizers, said she’s “absolutely” comfortable sending children back to school without masks. She said wearing masks is not a public health issue because she believes COVID-19 was manufactured in a lab.

“Coronavirus is man-made. It’s a weaponized virus,” Robertson said.

She accused Dr. Anthony Fauci, the nation’s top infectious disease expert, and business magnate and philanthropist Bill Gates of being part of creating the virus to usher in “a new world order” by reducing the world population to 5 million people.

Robertson, who’s also a mother and grandmother, said she isn’t concerned about contracting the virus from one of her grandchildren.

“If I’m infected with COVID, it’s because I’ve not been taking care of my immune system. You know how your immune system gets strong? It’s by being in the dirt and getting exposed to bacteria and viruses,” Robertson said.

• Like 2

Banana Republicans rejoice :banana:

Following the Trump administration’s decision to reroute coronavirus hospital data first to the administration, instead of sending it to the US Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, some data is no longer available on the CDC.gov website. 

The information removed from the website is the hospital data that was reported to the CDC’s National Healthcare Safety Network, according to CDC spokesperson Kristen Nordlund. 

The data includes... 

• the current inpatient and intensive care unit bed occupancy
  • Health care worker staffing
  •  Personal protective equipment supply status and availability

Southwest District Health meeting to discuss mandating masks was just cancelled in Idaho because Ammon Bundy and his band of idiots just crashed it. How the hell is he not in federal prison????

I really hope he does something stupid and gets his fat ass arrested and put away for a long time. Can we give him back to Nevada please!!!!

Travel bans meant to stop the coronavirus from getting to the US from China and Europe came too late, according to a new analysis of cases from the US Centers for Disease Control and Prevention.

The US restricted travel from China on February 2 and from Europe on March 13, but by March 8, Covid-19 was already circulating among the community in New York City and, by March 15, community transmission of the virus was already widespread, the analysis found.
What was circulating most closely matched the strain of the virus circulating in Europe, not China, which President Donald Trump has repeatedly blamed for not preventing its spread to the US.
3 hours ago, Mano said:

Denna Robertson, one of the rally organizers, said she’s “absolutely” comfortable sending children back to school without masks. She said wearing masks is not a public health issue because she believes COVID-19 was manufactured in a lab.

“Coronavirus is man-made. It’s a weaponized virus,” Robertson said.

She doesn't even want to defend herself against what she believes is a weapon? Wow.

• Like 1