bornontheblue

Corona Virus - How bad is it going to be?

2 hours ago, toonkee said:

Any contact tracing done?

You’re kidding right? How do you contact trace in a mob of hundreds most of whom don’t know each other?  

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, soupslam1 said:

How many of you wear a mask when you step out your front door? 

In what state is that a policy? 

7 minutes ago, soupslam1 said:

Not me. But anytime I'm around anyone else in the public I do.

• Cheers 1

3 minutes ago, toonkee said:

Not me. But anytime I'm around anyone else in the public I do.

I was referring to your post that commented the percent of people that wear masks outside the home. Maybe the poll should have said in a public place. 

• Cheers 1

5 minutes ago, soupslam1 said:

You’re kidding right? How do you contact trace in a mob of hundreds most of whom don’t know each other?  

Yeah, maybe contact tracing isn't the right phrase.

What I'm looking for is some kind of study or survey or tracing that demonstrates the protests are significantly responsible for the spikes. I mean, there's a big church thing in Louisiana or whatever, and a bunch of people that were there get covid and that's trackable to the source with some reliability. We need to see large cases arise from people that attended protests. Show me the money. To my knowledge, all we have right now is supposition. Seems like outdoor transmission isn't as likely, but like I said, show me the money.

3 hours ago, halfmanhalfbronco said:

Anybody remember that article about how the protests near Seattle were not spreading COVID-19?  Yeah, turns out the virus, sadly is not anti-racist.

image.png.0e1b94624225c18a119f7794eca3ef0b.png

Idaho’s graph is similar after 3,000 attended the George Floyd vigil. The open bars contributed, but 3,000 people shoulder to shoulder had to be a factor unless protesters are exempt. 

9 minutes ago, soupslam1 said:

Idaho’s graph is similar after 3,000 attended the George Floyd vigil. The open bars contributed, but 3,000 people shoulder to shoulder had to be a factor unless protesters are exempt. 

Bars are the big one here in Boise.  I walked around downtown a few nights with a lady friend to people watch without actually going in.  They were packed with 20'somethings.  The 3,000 protest was a factor as well.

49 minutes ago, soupslam1 said:

I wear mine when I get out of my car, and I take it off when I get back into my car. After I've used hand sanitizer. When I step out of my front door, I'm on my property, and I'm walking to my car. I also don't wear one when I'm out on a walk, because it isn't a requirement when you're getting exercise. If I'm going into a situation where I'm going to be entering a public building or otherwise interacting with people, I wear the damn mask.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, retrofade said:

I wear mine when I get out of my car, and I take it off when I get back into my car. After I've used hand sanitizer. When I step out of my front door, I'm on my property, and I'm walking to my car. I also don't wear one when I'm out on a walk, because it isn't a requirement when you're getting exercise. If I'm going into a situation where I'm going to be entering a public building or otherwise interacting with people, I wear the damn mas.

Literally exactly what I do as well. I keep a mask in my car, a mask in my wife’s car, and a mask at home for when I go out and walk; goes in my pocket just in case I have to walk past people I throw it on real quick, and once I walk a few strides past them I take it back off.

• Like 1

Quote from elsewhere and very true.

“Something tells me if Trump loses the election there will be a miracle cure found 10 minutes after Biden fumbles through his victory speech and forgets what he's at.”

• Like 1
  • Idiot 1
  • Facepalm 1

1 hour ago, sactowndog said:

Dude CA has plenty of capacity.

I live hear and listen to people talk about masks.   My super Trumper friend has had 4 Bypasses and is overweight.  He also has a grandson getting chemo for luekemia.  We went to a party with 25 people none of whom were wearing masks.    

Someone already posted the survey on mask use.

I am sure what is happening in California is partly due to Trump, but trying to dismiss it as only having to do with Trump is stupid.  My bet is young urbanite (hardly a Trump contingent) bar hoppers have more to do with the spread.  There are plenty of stupid people with a D next to their name.

51 minutes ago, retrofade said:

I wear mine when I get out of my car, and I take it off when I get back into my car. After I've used hand sanitizer. When I step out of my front door, I'm on my property, and I'm walking to my car. I also don't wear one when I'm out on a walk, because it isn't a requirement when you're getting exercise. If I'm going into a situation where I'm going to be entering a public building or otherwise interacting with people, I wear the damn mask.

Same for me 

1 minute ago, BYUcougfan said: I am sure what is happening in California is partly due to Trump, but trying to dismiss it as only having to do with Trump is stupid.  My bet is young urbanite (hardly a Trump contingent) bar hoppers have more to do with the spread.  There are plenty of stupid people with a D next to their name.

Who said only Trump???  

Did you even read my post?  I blamed it mostly on a 15 year campaign to deny and invalidate science.   That started long before Trump.   And yes I don’t doubt bar hoppers contribute to the problem but in our area many of the non-mask wearers are older white males.  

5 minutes ago, BYUcougfan said:

I am sure what is happening in California is partly due to Trump, but trying to dismiss it as only having to do with Trump is stupid.  My bet is young urbanite (hardly a Trump contingent) bar hoppers have more to do with the spread.  There are plenty of stupid people with a D next to their name.

“Young liberals are too scared to leave the house” - Republicans

”Young liberals are selfish and spreading the disease by leaving the house too much” - also Republicans 

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, soupslam1 said:

Quote from elsewhere and very true.

“Something tells me if Trump loses the election there will be a miracle cure found 10 minutes after Biden fumbles through his victory speech and forgets what he's at.”

Really?  You honestly believe someone would hold back a cure and allow people to die solely because of politics??    

You are really that cynical?

10 minutes ago, sactowndog said:

Really?  You honestly believe someone would hold back a cure and allow people to die solely because of politics??    

You are really that cynical?

He's not that cynical. He's that obsessed with Trump.

4 hours ago, ridgeview2 said:

Initially Kern County was off the list, but our own county officials stated that we will probably fail the states monitoring metrics within the next few days and will be put back on the list. 

That post was directly from Newsom's original tweet listing the counties impacted. He edited the list later and removed Kern.

He then posted this tweet explaining it. Now the removal of Kern is getting push back from people replying to this tweet saying it should be on the list. Also the replies make comments about mask wearing in Kern.

4 hours ago, sactowndog said:

Dude CA has plenty of capacity.

I live hear and listen to people talk about masks.   My super Trumper friend has had 4 Bypasses and is overweight.  He also has a grandson getting chemo for luekemia.  We went to a party with 25 people none of whom were wearing masks.    

Someone already posted the survey on mask use.

The state activated the coronavirus surge center it created in Porterville (about midway between Fresno and Bakersfield for those who do not know it) about a week or so ago. It is located at the Porterville Developmental Center (formerly Porterville State Hospital).

They activated the first 50 beds out of the 400 potential beds. What I hear is that 15 to 20 patients are currently at the surge center after transfers from area hospitals.

3 hours ago, BYUcougfan said:

Stupid hasn't got a designation of R or D .

1 hour ago, FresnoFacts said:

The state activated the coronavirus surge center it created in Porterville (about midway between Fresno and Bakersfield for those who do not know it) about a week or so ago. It is located at the Porterville Developmental Center (formerly Porterville State Hospital).

They activated the first 50 beds out of the 400 potential beds. What I hear is that 15 to 20 patients are currently at the surge center after transfers from area hospitals.

Yeah well he traveled to Fresno from our area for his brothers 70 year old party.   I’m supposed to go to Shaver in a couple weeks and a bit worried about the environment as my wife is high risk.