bornontheblue

Corona Virus - How bad is it going to be?

Update from our COVID scare over the weekend. We all got tested on Tuesday and got our results back this afternoon. Happy to report that my grandmother, uncle, and the rest of my family all tested negative.  

• Like 9
  • Cheers 9

0918_FootballVBoise(Weir)6081.jpg.91934a8a511e3532b39599f1988bbacb.jpg

7 hours ago, FresnoFacts said:

Schools are going to be interesting.

The American Academy of Pediatricians put out a statement a few weeks ago with its thoughts about how to reopen schools.

But some of it just seems unrealistic. For example,

Even if not a teacher, anyone who has spent at least one day observing or volunteering in a classroom knows a teacher cannot stay 6 feet away from the children all day.

And the 6 feet might not even matter if you can cut the air in a classroom after a few hours. Can you imagine the fear in the teachers and staff being forced to go to work like this? If schools open and things don't feel adequately safe, we'll see mass retirements, quitting, and strikes. 

14 minutes ago, retrofade said:

Nah, that title goes to Angel Hernandez... with West and C.B. Bucknor not too far behind.

Angel Hernandez is bad, but West is confrontational to the point of being cartoonish

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, NVGiant said:

Angel Hernandez I’d bad, but West is confrontational to the point of being cartoonish

Agreed. Though Hernandez did eject a Cubs 7th Inning Stretch guest conductor at one point.

In terms of umpiring ability, I'd rank them as Hernandez, Bucknor, and then West. In terms of being a jackass, it's West, Hernandez, Bucknor.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, retrofade said:

Agreed. Though Hernandez did eject a Cubs 7th Inning Stretch guest conductor at one point.

In terms of umpiring ability, I'd rank them as Hernandez, Bucknor, and then West. In terms of being a jackass, it's West, Hernandez, Bucknor.

I’d agree

• Like 1

13 hours ago, I am Ram said:

And the 6 feet might not even matter if you can cut the air in a classroom after a few hours. Can you imagine the fear in the teachers and staff being forced to go to work like this? If schools open and things don't feel adequately safe, we'll see mass retirements, quitting, and strikes. 

My first reaction is this is not going to fly and could end up being a catastrophe if numerous teachers and high school level kids (that are most susceptible) get the virus and bring it home to parents. The situation needs to be monitored closely and at the first sign of virus infections schools should be shut down immediately. 

22 minutes ago, modestobulldog said:

Phuck it, there is only one solution.... The only effective PPE.  Scott air pack for everyone. I have my certificate somewhere, probably expired.

Hey Modesto what does your death graph show now?  I’m not asking to give you shit more interested in looking at timing of delay and might was well use consistent data.  

3 hours ago, sactowndog said:

Hey Modesto what does your death graph show now?  I’m not asking to give you shit more interested in looking at timing of delay and might was well use consistent data.  

7 day average is 639 right now, although the death toll for today isn’t finalized yet so it will slightly increase. 

5 hours ago, sactowndog said:

You are interrupting my fish fry dinner, I will get to it later.

110926run_defense710.jpg

Maricopa County/Phoenix area is now seeking refrigerated trucks for medical examiner use as morgues are reaching capacity.

It was reported this week that morgue space is nearing capacity in some cases here in Arizona. An Abrazo liaison reported their morgue is at capacity.

The command center has also reported that the Maricopa Office of the Medical Examiner is at 97% capacity and is working with the Maricopa Department of Emergency Management to secure a contract for refrigerator trucks.

https://www.abc15.com/news/coronavirus/phoenix-mayor-abrazo-nearly-out-of-morgue-space-may-be-requesting-refrigerated-trucks

In Texas, Nueces County/Corpus Christi has requested a morgue trailer from FEMA to go along with the county's existing morgue trailer.

Nueces County Judge Barbara Canales said she received a letter yesterday from the Nueces County Medical Examiner Dr. Adel Shaker stating there was a need for a FEMA Morgue trailer.

"That's why we're asking people to wear face masks," she said. "I am now having to order additional body bags and morgue trailers. People have to understand how real it is."

Canales said the county has one morgue trailer but she has issued an order asking for another one.

https://www.kristv.com/news/local-news/nueces-county-medical-examiners-office-not-taking-covid-19-victims