bornontheblue

Corona Virus - How bad is it going to be?

Israel Prime Minister Netanyahu reportedly told his Cabinet today the country is “a step away from a full lockdown.”

The Knesset today has been debating a bill to allow the PM to start reclosing parts of the country and economy again. The new restrictions would include reclosing event halls, clubs, bars, gyms, public pools and performances. Sporting events would have no fans. Restaurants would be limited to 20 customers inside and no more than 30 outside. Synagogues would be allowed a maximum of 19 attendees.

18 minutes ago, pokerider said:

I guess you have to support him somehow, the gov who threatened suing states that prohibited New Yorkers from entering then turns around and prohibits people from several states from entering.   

If Trump had sent 1 infected person to a nursing home you would all be screaming murder.  More Democratic Hypocrisy at its finest. 

Why do nuthuggers suck so badly at things like percentages, or simple math, or perspective? :hmmm:

St-Javelin-Sm.jpgChase.jpg 

What the +++++ing +++++ is wrong with people?

The mom is a QAnon nutbag who took her immunocompromised kid to a party at a DAMNED CHURCH in the middle of a pandemic. Did her mom take her to the doctor after she started experiencing symptoms? +++++ that, she tried to treat her on her own with the drug combo that +++++ing Trump said was "like a miracle", then she finally took her to the hospital where she died... but only after refusing to allow her to be intubated until it was already too late. 

Here's an example of the batshit insane shit the mom was posting on Facebook.

JiRikG6.png

• Sad 1

18 minutes ago, Bob said:

The whole Hydroxy episode exemplifies the dishonesty of the MSM and the political left. Hydroxycholoroquin is not dangerous and saved and could have saved a lot more lives. Unbelievable.

There is no data yet showing it saves lives. That study that trump tweeted has many conflicting variables. The most glaring to me just skimming the data, is the difference is number of patients in each group and the addition of steroid treatment in the hydroxychloroquine groups.

Hydroxychloroquine still has no evidence of benefit and the president needs to shut his mouth on any medical therapy. It's unbelievable to me how so many of his followers blindly take what he says as proof.

• Like 1

I think it was @NorCalCoug who originally brought up studies showing dexamethasone benefit and I am definitely leaning on agreeing.  Why in this study did almost 80% of hydroxychloroquine patients receive the steroid and only around 36% receive it in the non-hydroxychloroquine groups?

34 minutes ago, Stealthlobo said:

I think it was @NorCalCoug who originally brought up studies showing dexamethasone benefit and I am definitely leaning on agreeing.  Why in this study did almost 80% of hydroxychloroquine patients receive the steroid and only around 36% receive it in the non-hydroxychloroquine groups?

Besides steroids in combination, one of the Ford study authors says "What we think was important in ours ... is that patients were treated early. For hydroxychloroquine to have a benefit, it needs to begin before the patients begin to suffer some of the severe immune reactions that patients can have with Covid,"

So also early identification and treatment.

1 hour ago, Stealthlobo said:

There is no data yet showing it saves lives. That study that trump tweeted has many conflicting variables. The most glaring to me just skimming the data, is the difference is number of patients in each group and the addition of steroid treatment in the hydroxychloroquine groups.

Hydroxychloroquine still has no evidence of benefit and the president needs to shut his mouth on any medical therapy. It's unbelievable to me how so many of his followers blindly take what he says as proof.

You mean like the fact that dexamethasone was used on twice as many hydroxychloroquine recipients than it was with patients who were not administered Trump Brand® pharmaceuticals?

"Finally, concomitant steroid use in patients receiving hydroxychloroquine was more than double the non-treated group. This is relevant considering the recent RECOVERY trial that showed a mortality benefit with dexamethasone." The steroid dexamethasone can reduce inflammation in seriously ill patients.

Or how about the fact the study excluded 10% of the patient population who are still hospitalized?

Rosenberg also pointed out that the Detroit paper excluded 267 patients -- nearly 10% of the study population -- who had not yet been discharged from the hospital.

Link

:blink:

St-Javelin-Sm.jpgChase.jpg 

17 minutes ago, TheSanDiegan said:

You mean like the fact that dexamethasone was used on twice as many hydroxychloroquine recipients than it was with patients who were not administered Trump Brand® pharmaceuticals?

Or how about the fact the study excluded 10% of the patient population who are still hospitalized?

Link

:blink:

Exactly. I didn't even read the CNN article. I went straight to the medical journals article and I was able to deduce that easily from a quick look over the results data.

• Like 1

The latest victim.

The 2020 State Fair of Texas.

In the beginning the Universe was created.
This has made a lot of people very angry and been widely regarded as a bad move.

33 minutes ago, Del Scorcho said:

sigh, debating on whether to take Mrs. Del Scorcho in to be tested?

She's been up all night with two of the symptoms and its possible we were exposed on Saturday based on some conversations with a family member.

:mellow:

What’s to debate?  Best of luck!!!!

v0icAvfW.jpg

17 minutes ago, NorCalCoug said:

What’s to debate?  Best of luck!!!!

Thanks, I don't want to wake her, I'll see how she feels when she's up.  And we're waiting for someone else's test to come back today to see the results.  If that's negative we should be fine.

17 hours ago, Bob said:

The whole Hydroxy episode exemplifies the dishonesty of the MSM and the political left. Hydroxycholoroquin is not dangerous and saved and could have saved a lot more lives. Unbelievable.

Can only hit them on the head with a 2x4 of facts so many times.  Its not that they don't get it, its that they can't accept it.  It's "I'd rather die than take something Trump recommended"...

• Cheers 1
  • Facepalm 1

15 minutes ago, pokerider said:

Can only hit them on the head with a 2x4 of facts so many times.  Its not that they don't get it, its that they can't accept it.  It's "I'd rather die than take something Trump recommended"...

Lol that's ironic. What about the dozens of other studies with better methodology and less variables that prove no benefit? Trump won't bring those up in his tweets for you followers.

I spent quite a bit of time learning how to read, interpret , and criticize medical literature.  The one study trump bring up is low level evidence (double blinded placebo controlled trial being the highest), with too many variables, which I've mentioned already, to be proof enough to override guidelines on the use of hydroxychloroquine.

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, Stealthlobo said:

Lol that's ironic. What about the dozens of other studies with better methodology and less variables that prove no benefit? Trump won't bring those up in his tweets for you followers.

I spent quite a bit of time learning how to read, interpret , and criticize medical literature.  The one study trump bring up is low level evidence (double blinded placebo controlled trial being the highest), with too many variables, which I've mentioned already, to be proof enough to override guidelines on the use of hydroxychloroquine.

At this point, I am done with all of these governors, the president and his staff, or MSM in general in regards to all of these studies that somehow all conflict with each other.  At this point, I am just trying to eat healthy, work out, be active out in my yard or outdoors, and not sitting down in restaurants/bars.  If I see a DOH or CDC statement I look at the sources first before I make an opinon. 

All of the media and politicians are speaking to their narratives, and they aren't doing diligence on studies review.  

As an aside, @Stealthlobo do you know how many of these studies are peer-reviewed?

• Like 2