bornontheblue

Corona Virus - How bad is it going to be?

30 minutes ago, soupslam1 said:

More over reaction. It is unnecessary to wear a mask outside jogging or walking your dog, or mowing your lawn. 

Illinois Gov. JB Pritzker ordered the use of face masks for anyone stepping outside their house.

Fair and balanced?

The full media story I saw with that exact sentence was longer and said:

Illinois Gov. JB Pritzker ordered the use of face masks for anyone stepping outside their house.

Face coverings are required while shopping at essential businesses, traveling on public transportation, picking up food, or visiting the doctor and it's impossible to stay six feet apart.

https://lite.cnn.com/en/article/h_74cac008ad6894ed1c703d347c31e524

1 hour ago, Del Scorcho said:

except we've frequently heard over and over that this is similar to influenza. I've never heard of a Phoenix flu outbreak in June

I was responding to indoors comments

110926run_defense710.jpg

1 hour ago, RSF said:

Actually, it is.  Kinda, sorta.  There's still a lot the experts dont know about this virus.  For instance, a small study just published suggests that the amount of time a person has antibodies might be related to their level of illness - those who are asymptomatic being at the short end of the scale.  That would put a damper of the concept of herd immunity.  It's becoming pretty clear that it is not a seasonal infection, given that the current spike is occurring mostly in places where its pretty warm right now.  But what we dont know yet is how that will affect the death rate.  Does the weather make it easier to get over, or have we learned enough about treatment to prevent a commensurate spike in deaths?  Or both?  Lots to know, lots to learn.

My response referring to being indoors is more risky than outdoors.

110926run_defense710.jpg

33 minutes ago, soupslam1 said:

More over reaction. It is unnecessary to wear a mask outside jogging or walking your dog, or mowing your lawn. 

Speaking of overreaction....

That was also 7 weeks ago.  May 1st.   Back when it was shelter in place.  Said order in Illinois is no longer in place.

• Cheers 1

In the beginning the Universe was created.
This has made a lot of people very angry and been widely regarded as a bad move.

5 minutes ago, RSF said:

Speaking of overreaction....

That was also 7 weeks ago.  May 1st.   Back when it was shelter in place.  Said order in Illinois is no longer in place.

Some states are mandating masks. Hopefully they will be sensible about it and won’t be mandated when you leave your house.

2 hours ago, modestobulldog said:

No shit, anyone with a brain figured it out.  Can't avoid it completely, do your best to minimize public indoor environments, wear masks, wash hands, fingers crossed, pray.

Modesto,  Why is everyone so in favor of re-opening for businesses also so opposed to wearing masks.  It seems counter productive.   Can you provide any insight?

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, soupslam1 said:

Perhaps but it seems people are not getting it so the rules need to be black and white.   In my very Republican neighborhood few seem to get it, refuse to wear masks and we are going to possibly end up with a problem again.   I hate to say it but I am starting to think the average Trump supporter has the IQ of a knat.   And no I am not including Trump supporters on this board who are infinitely more informed than the typical get all your data from Fox News types.

9 minutes ago, sactowndog said:

Modesto,  Why is everyone so in favor of re-opening for businesses also so opposed to wearing masks.  It seems counter productive.   Can you provide any insight?

Faucci and government incompetence / dishonesty.  Don't you remember what we were told at the beginning, Faucci told us masks were very very bad.   In reality, it was a lie.  Couldn't just say essential service workers needed them. Government peddling lies and spreading confusion. Whodathunkit?

• Facepalm 1
110926run_defense710.jpg

7 minutes ago, modestobulldog said:

Faucci and government incompetence / dishonesty.  Don't you remember what we were told at the beginning, Faucci told us masks were very very bad.   In reality, it was a lie.  Couldn't just say essential service workers needed them. Government peddling lies and spreading confusion. Whodathunkit?

Well if your point is the Trump administration in incompetent and dishonest I am not going to disagree.

34 minutes ago, soupslam1 said:

Some states are mandating masks. Hopefully they will be sensible about it and won’t be mandated when you leave your house.

It would probably help if you actually read the full policies instead of just having fully formed opinions based on one sentence headlines.

5 minutes ago, FresnoFacts said:

I hope they get out there and say this one more time for the people in the back. It looks very well like the most simple things we can do (wear a mask when you are in public) to mitigate this is one of the most effective. 

6 minutes ago, SalinasSpartan said:

I hope they get out there and say this one more time for the people in the back. It looks very well like the most simple things we can do (wear a mask when you are in public) to mitigate this is one of the most effective. 

Among the Florida state level GOP politicians masks are still a bad thing:

I predict we've got a mandatory mask order coming from Nevada Governor Sisolak tonight at 5pm.

My wife works in a homeopathic doctor's office that is cuckoo for cocoa puffs right now. The main doctor refuses to wear a mask. The nurses refuse to wear masks. When the clinic manager announced they were going to implement a disinfectant protocol, one of the nurses flipped out and demanded "only natural products be used". One nurse has been telling patients to not wear masks because it "raises the pH level in your blood and makes you sick."

1 hour ago, THEUniversityofNevada said:

I predict we've got a mandatory mask order coming from Nevada Governor Sisolak tonight at 5pm.

We'll see what Sisolak does in the next few minutes.

But Caesars already made their choice.

CAESARS ANNOUNCES UNIVERSAL MASK POLICY IN ALL PROPERTIES

Policy is effective indoors at all Caesars properties starting at noon, Pacific Time, on Wednesday, June 24, 2020.

The only exception is when employees or guests are eating or drinking. 

https://www.caesars.com/content/cet-global/caesars-com/corporate/newsroom/press-releases/caesarsannouncesuniversalmaskpolicyinallproperties.html

I’m not opposed to masks, but let’s be sensible about it. Requiring a mask when you walk out the door is ridiculous. In any regard what it boils down to regarding wearing of masks, many citizens do not like government telling them what to do, particularly when there is no law on the books. People are sick of government dictating their lives. 

• Like 1
  • Facepalm 1