bornontheblue

Corona Virus - How bad is it going to be?

17 minutes ago, sactowndog said:

Arizona is in trouble.   The shut everything down too early and now with everything exploding the just had to shut down all optional surgeries again.   AZ pushed the curve instead of flattening it.    Trump holding a rally their is like throwing gasoline on a fire.

Tucson's hospitals are at or near ICU bed capacity as of today. They are using the state surge line to try to move patients around or out of the area.

As of Tuesday morning, ICUs in both Banner hospitals in Tucson were at capacity, as were Northwest Medical Center and Oro Valley Hospital, where patients from Pima County are being treated, as well as patients transferred here from the Navajo Nation, Yuma and Nogales.

https://tucson.com/news/local/tucsons-hospitals-managing-a-health-care-crisis-as-beds-fill-patient-transfers-increase/article_21ce003c-3bf3-5e82-9cf1-1529f2c2b600.html

9 minutes ago, FresnoFacts said:

Tucson's hospitals are at or near ICU bed capacity as of today. They are using the state surge line to try to move patients around or out of the area.

Yep my daughter in law works in a Banner ICU as an ER Resident.  The hospital is completely full and a hospital down south is putting patients in storage closets.   

Pray for Arizona....

12 minutes ago, sactowndog said:

Yep my daughter in law works in a Banner ICU as an ER Resident.  The hospital is completely full and a hospital down south is putting patients in storage closets.   

Pray for Arizona....

I have a family member in residency in Chicago. Currently a better situation than it was a month ago.

16 hours ago, Del Scorcho said:

I'm concerned about Arizona, 3600 new cases today and statewide their ICU's are 84% full

https://www.cnbc.com/2020/06/23/arizona-reports-record-single-day-increase-in-coronavirus-cases-ahead-of-trumps-visit.html

I wonder if everyone being inside breathing recirculated air is a contributor?

It's not rocket science

110926run_defense710.jpg

15 hours ago, BSUTOP25 said:

That’s what I’m wondering as well. Being inside seems to be significantly contributing to the spread. Tightly packed urban areas, retirement communities, climates where people tend to stay inside .... 

No shit, anyone with a brain figured it out.  Can't avoid it completely, do your best to minimize public indoor environments, wear masks, wash hands, fingers crossed, pray.

110926run_defense710.jpg

1 hour ago, modestobulldog said:

It's not rocket science

Actually, it is.  Kinda, sorta.  There's still a lot the experts dont know about this virus.  For instance, a small study just published suggests that the amount of time a person has antibodies might be related to their level of illness - those who are asymptomatic being at the short end of the scale.  That would put a damper of the concept of herd immunity.  It's becoming pretty clear that it is not a seasonal infection, given that the current spike is occurring mostly in places where its pretty warm right now.  But what we dont know yet is how that will affect the death rate.  Does the weather make it easier to get over, or have we learned enough about treatment to prevent a commensurate spike in deaths?  Or both?  Lots to know, lots to learn.

• Like 2

In the beginning the Universe was created.
This has made a lot of people very angry and been widely regarded as a bad move.

18 hours ago, soupslam1 said:

Do you enjoy putting the USA down? What has this country done to you to hate it? 

I think it's more about putting down morons that can't look at their country with any objectivity than putting the country down itself.

• Like 2

48 minutes ago, toonkee said:

I think it's more about putting down morons that can't look at their country with any objectivity than putting the country down itself.

When all you hear from a lot of posters is negativity, I don’t consider that objective. Don’t you agree there are a lot more positives living in the USA than negatives? 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, soupslam1 said:

When all you hear from a lot of posters is negativity, I don’t consider that objective. Don’t you agree there are a lot more positives living in the USA than negatives? 

Sure.

Would you agree that the US is not objectively the best at everything and people that blindly think it is because they were born here are dumb?

• Like 2