bornontheblue

Corona Virus - How bad is it going to be?

17 hours ago, ridgeview2 said:

. The nurse told me that I don't qualify for a COVID-19 test because I no longer have the necessary symptoms, but to get an antibody test when one is available. 

I'm looking forward to that antibody test. I had a cough for two months in January and February. I thought it was because I started playing in a rec basketball league and I had some kind of exercise induced asthma or something. I ignored it because I had no other symptoms, just that +++++ing cough. Now I wonder if I got a mild case of COVID and now I'm SUPER IMMUNE and will be allowed into the bunker at NORAD. 

• Cheers 1
3 minutes ago, soupslam1 said:

Idaho counted four positive cases of the Cvirus yesterday. Our curve is essentially flat. Our governor still has the state in sheltering mode until the end of the month. 

The same people that overestimated deaths and hospitalizations by at least a factor of 10 almost everywhere are the people that are telling you it's not safe to go outside and get back to work.

Sweden is telling restaurant to follow the social distancing rules or risk closure.

"We are starting to get some worrying reports from different parts of the country that nightlife is becoming crowded again. We hope that municipalities and regions will keep an eye on restaurants so that we continue to follow the rules that we have," Anders Tegnell, state epidemiologist at the Public Health Agency, said at Monday's press conference.

One journalist asked, given the violations of the recommendations, when we might expect to see stricter recommendations.

Tegnell's response was that the existing framework for restaurants and bars is clear, and stressed that both restaurants and individuals had a responsibility to follow the rules and recommendations in place. Restaurants which flout the new rules could face closure.

https://www.thelocal.se/20200420/coronavirus-will-sweden-ever-have-a-total-lockdown

Holy crap this is one nasty bug.

It causes clotting. Significant clotting including saddle embolism.  You do not want to get this bug.

This is NOT the flu. This is a real nasty little shitbug.

https://abcnews.go.com/Health/covid-19-patients-blood-clots/story?id=70131612&cid=clicksource_4380645_4_three_posts_card_hed

49 minutes ago, mysfit said:

Holy crap this is one nasty bug.

It causes clotting. Significant clotting including saddle embolism.  You do not want to get this bug.

This is NOT the flu. This is a real nasty little shitbug.

https://abcnews.go.com/Health/covid-19-patients-blood-clots/story?id=70131612&cid=clicksource_4380645_4_three_posts_card_hed

I urge you to read the article more carefully. Note qualifiers like "some" who have come down with symptoms and "severe" cases. And note that it's based on anecdotal evidence and not at all on statistical data.

COVID-19 is indeed clearly worse than the common flu. Just as clear, however, is that many media reports continue to sensationalize the disease.

• Like 1
42 minutes ago, East Coast Aztec said:

They have the right.  Will be interesting to see what happens if they become sick.   You know they won't blame themselves.  :coffeecomputer:

Probably will say there were infiltrators from the other side with coronavirus who intentionally showed up and passed it to them.

12 minutes ago, FresnoFacts said:

Probably will say there were infiltrators from the other side with coronavirus who intentionally showed up and passed it to them.

anyone attending these and refraining from social distancing should be forced to give up their rights to medical care should they get sick. 

:loser:

• Like 2
13 minutes ago, SleepingGiantFan said:

I urge you to read the article more carefully. Note qualifiers like "some" who have come down with symptoms and "severe" cases. And note that it's based on anecdotal evidence and not at all on statistical data.

COVID-19 is indeed clearly worse than the common flu. Just as clear, however, is that many media reports continue to sensationalize the disease.

Well let's see, there is also that Broadway actor who just had his right leg amputated due to clotting from the c-virus.

It doesn't happen in all cases but then they haven't been looking for it.

It's one nasty little bug that in addition to the respiratory and gastric issues, as well as neurological in some cases, can also cause clotting.

You personally may require hard statistical numbers before you worry about it, but from my reading it happens enough that I believe this is one nasty little shitbug that can have long term health concerns.

• Like 1

Don't think this is bad news, but shows there is uncertainty to what effects the virus has on various people & the dangers of some being somewhat immune while others might get hit hard.

Genetics will play a part in survival rates