bornontheblue

Corona Virus - How bad is it going to be?

13 minutes ago, renoskier said:

I guess the point of your post is to say:

"Yay social distancing, it's working!"

It is definitely working in Utah.  I think it is working too well.  3,600 confirmed cases and 34(?) deaths out of a population of 3.2 million.  We are engineering a huge 2nd wave.

6 hours ago, qwelish said:

Equity in one house can buy me? Omg omg OMG... :blink::rotflmfao::loser:go back to work in moms basement dufus.

Speaking of your wife, whats his name?

Group Hug Sport GIF by UFC

dude cool it with the homophobic bullshit.

• Like 1
  • Angry 1

Remember that every argument you have with someone on MWCboard is actually the continuation of a different argument they had with someone else also on MWCboard. 

11 hours ago, TheSanDiegan said:

My wife and I have enough equity in our house to buy both you and your crackhead mom.

It's illegal in the United States to purchase human beings. This statement is factually incorrect. 

• Haha 2

Planning is an exercise of power, and in a modern state much real power is suffused with boredom. The agents of planning are usually boring; the planning process is boring; the implementation of plans is always boring. In a democracy boredom works for bureaucracies and corporations as smell works for skunk. It keeps danger away. Power does not have to be exercised behind the scenes. It can be open. The audience is asleep. The modern world is forged amidst our inattention.

I’m so glad the police are protecting us from these hardened criminals:

https://www.ajc.com/news/sting-operation-nabs-after-salon-services-offered-during-lockdown/bqP6LzRPnvKIYH2VWD0f2H/

Police in Laredo, Texas, conducted a sting operation to catch two women accused of offering salon services at their homes in defiance of the city’s strict orders to social distance during the pandemic, according to several reports. 

Ana Isabel Castro-Garcia, 31, and Brenda Stephany Mata, 20, were arrested and charged with violation of emergency management plans and are being held at the Webb County Jail on $500 bond, respectively, according to KGNS-TV, the NBC affiliate in Laredo. 

thelawlorfaithful, on 31 Dec 2012 - 04:01 AM, said:One of the rules I live by: never underestimate a man in a dandy looking sweater

8 minutes ago, mugtang said:

I’m so glad the police are protecting us from these hardened criminals:

https://www.ajc.com/news/sting-operation-nabs-after-salon-services-offered-during-lockdown/bqP6LzRPnvKIYH2VWD0f2H/

Stop and frisk was too racist, but we are good with arresting people in their homes for trying to keep food on the table.  Where are all of the people that were so worried about Trump becoming the next authoritarian dictator for life?  This is real life authoritarianism, not the stuff they imagined Trump might do.

52 minutes ago, happycamper said:

dude cool it with the homophobic bullshit.

I would respect your comment if you had reacted similarly on the numerous occasions this poster has called me "queerish".

You said nothing. Please continue saying nothing if you are not going to be consistent. 

56 minutes ago, BYUcougfan said:

It is definitely working in Utah.  I think it is working too well.  3,600 confirmed cases and 34(?) deaths out of a population of 3.2 million.  We are engineering a huge 2nd wave.

LOL, that is the kicker here, huh?  You almost want some controlled amount of spread to avoid the big 2nd wave.  

v0icAvfW.jpg

3 minutes ago, qwelish said:

I would respect your comment if you had reacted similarly on the numerous occasions this poster has called me "queerish".

You said nothing. Please continue saying nothing if you are not going to be consistent. 

this is a paradox

also, like, where? you came out of nowhere with homophobic bullshit and got called a crack addict who lives with his mom. Do you think I subscribe to content where you're mentioned or something?

• Haha 2

Remember that every argument you have with someone on MWCboard is actually the continuation of a different argument they had with someone else also on MWCboard. 

8 minutes ago, happycamper said:

this is a paradox

also, like, where? you came out of nowhere with homophobic bullshit and got called a crack addict who lives with his mom. Do you think I subscribe to content where you're mentioned or something?

Can you subscribe to a specific poster's content? That would seem unhealthy. 

• Cheers 1

Planning is an exercise of power, and in a modern state much real power is suffused with boredom. The agents of planning are usually boring; the planning process is boring; the implementation of plans is always boring. In a democracy boredom works for bureaucracies and corporations as smell works for skunk. It keeps danger away. Power does not have to be exercised behind the scenes. It can be open. The audience is asleep. The modern world is forged amidst our inattention.

In comparison to the 1 time "stimulus" check of $1200, more civilized countries during this pandemic, are paying 70-80% of out of work people's paychecks during the duration so that people don't starve, don't needlessly endanger themselves or others, or worry about their bills.

1 minute ago, smltwnrckr said:

Can you subscribe to a specific poster's content? That would seem unhealthy. 

I think if you go to their profile you can

• Cheers 1

17 minutes ago, NorCalCoug said:

LOL, that is the kicker here, huh?  You almost want some controlled amount of spread to avoid the big 2nd wave.  

I think Utah needs to start opening up.  It means more people will get sick, but that is going to happen no matter when we open up.  I would much rather see a 2nd wave over the Summer and deal with it than try to deal with it when we put 700K kids back to school in the Fall.

• Cheers 1

6 minutes ago, BYUcougfan said:

I think Utah needs to start opening up.  It means more people will get sick, but that is going to happen no matter when we open up.  I would much rather see a 2nd wave over the Summer and deal with it than try to deal with it when we put 700K kids back to school in the Fall.

It sounds like things are going to open up...  some things already have.  May 1st is the date.  As long as people are semi-smart about how we go about it I think (hope) we’ll be OK.

• Like 2

v0icAvfW.jpg

On 4/21/2020 at 12:12 PM, mugtang said:

Looks like this was a bust:

Ventilators must be considered a bust too then,  I saw that in NY, about 86% that got put on Ventilators died.    See how statistics work like that? 

• Cheers 1

19 hours ago, son of a gun said:

Well, the way Covid-19 seems to be making its way West, and fwith idiots trying to re-open their states WAY too soon, it may be the better option. And can't forget the 2nd wave that tends to go with these sorts of pandemics either.

You better stay home then. 

Its well past time to get people back to work in 80% of the country. 

• Cheers 1

4 minutes ago, NorCalCoug said:

It sounds like things are going to open up...  some things already have.  May 1st is the date.  As long as people are semi-smart about how we go about it I think (hope) we’ll be OK.

They need to be out in front of it though.  Be very clear that infections will go up.  I honestly think that folks feel like they have sacrificed and the outcome should be no virus.  It won't be the case.  It may never be the case.  I am hopeful for the Stockholm result.  I can't see SLC turning into NYC.  If the virus depends on TRAX to spread, no one may ever catch Covid in Utah again.  

• Cheers 1

1 minute ago, pokerider said:

You better stay home then. 

Its well past time to get people back to work in 80% of the country. 

I am not sure what is going to happen, but I think it is time to start re-opening western states.  The day has been ruled by case counts and death counts, largely coming from NYC and the areas it impacts.  Over the next week or two, Q1 economic data is going to start trickling out.  People may be surprised at how much damage shutting down for just part of March did for the entirety of Q1.  We are going to be able to compare the cure to the disease and folks can decide which is worse.