bornontheblue

Corona Virus - How bad is it going to be?

The Culinary Workers Union endorsed her in the election last year.

Now they are not happy.

"In Las Vegas, we've had 11 Culinary Union members die because of COVID-19. The mayor's statements are outrageous considering essential frontline workers have been dealing with the consequences of this crisis firsthand.

Health and safety is our priority - workers and guests have to be safe. We want people back to work, but it has to be safe and secure, and we don't want workers to be part of an experiment. Workplaces need to be safe and healthy - not a petri dish."

More at:

https://www.ktnv.com/news/coronavirus/culinary-union-calls-mayor-goodmans-comments-outrageous

1 hour ago, son of a gun said:

Think the people of LV will be looking to remove her from office after this?

She has quite the insurance policy.  This is who becomes Mayor should Goodman be removed.

https://lasvegassun.com/news/2015/dec/07/michele-fiore-says-she-wants-to-shoot-syrian-refug/

4 hours ago, FresnoFacts said:

In theory I agree. But I do wonder how people would react to seeing things loosened up but then shut down again if the spread was too quick. Opening/closing/opening/closing could have a big confidence and emotional impact.

Better than they'll react 4 months from now still under an active shooter / tornado warning order while the shelves continue to get thinner and thinner. 

The current situation has an expiration date, whether the governors want to see it or not. 

Planning is an exercise of power, and in a modern state much real power is suffused with boredom. The agents of planning are usually boring; the planning process is boring; the implementation of plans is always boring. In a democracy boredom works for bureaucracies and corporations as smell works for skunk. It keeps danger away. Power does not have to be exercised behind the scenes. It can be open. The audience is asleep. The modern world is forged amidst our inattention.

4 hours ago, toonkee said:

You guys paying any attention to twitter? This is trending nationwide.

The LV mayor was on Anderson Cooper and verbally diarrhea-ed for 25 minutes. Just a masterclass in how not to do interviews, politics and PR.

For the most part she's been a popular Mayor. Won last re-election with 70%+. Now the entire state is politically distancing themselves from her.

https://www.mediaite.com/tv/las-vegas-mayor-shocks-anderson-cooper-in-jawdropping-marathon-of-an-interview-that-is-really-ignorant/

Would advise socially distancing from her as well. 

St-Javelin-Sm.jpgChase.jpg 

As per the CDC, n 2017 there were just over 1,300 influenza deaths in New Jersey. In the last six weeks, COVID-19 has killed 5,150 residents of New Jersey .

As per the CDC, in 2017 there were just over 4,500 deaths iN NY from influenza. In the last six weeks, COVID-19 has killed over 19,000 New Yorkers.

And to keep the numbers this low they had to to shut everythingTF down. It has been estimated that if DeBlasio and Cuomo had waited just two more days before issuing the stay-at-home orders, deaths would have doubled.

• Like 2
  • Facepalm 1

19 minutes ago, qwelish said:

Paging dr. Sandygayman.

You are needed in er, stat. 

Please leave moms basement. Its amazing you have time to see patients and post on the mwc boards non-stop.

Skills like that are definitely essential.

david west day GIF

Lulz? My wife and I have enough equity in our house to buy both you and your crackhead mom. Speaking of yer mom, she's so stupid she thinks it's called COVID-19 because it just had a birthday.

So is it going to be hard for you to make rent this month without bussing all those tables?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, TheSanDiegan said:

I actually might get the opportunity. She lives maybe a half mile from me. See her at the grocery store and stuff all the time. She's older, just went through chemo and is termed out for Mayor. She dgaf anymore. 

• Like 2

4 hours ago, UNLV2001 said:

blink 182 wtf GIF

thelawlorfaithful, on 31 Dec 2012 - 04:01 AM, said:One of the rules I live by: never underestimate a man in a dandy looking sweater

38 minutes ago, mugtang said:

blink 182 wtf GIF

Well Trump is all about Cronyism.  That is why he replaced a top doctor on his pandemic team.  

"Sidelining me in the middle of this pandemic and placing politics and cronyism ahead of science puts lives at risk and stunts national efforts to safely and effectively address this urgent public health crisis," Bright wrote."Rushing blindly towards unproven drugs can be disastrous and result in countless more deaths. Science, in service to the health and safety of the American people, must always trump politics."

• Like 2

3 hours ago, TheSanDiegan said:

Lulz? My wife and I have enough equity in our house to buy both you and your crackhead mom. Speaking of yer mom, she's so stupid she thinks it's called COVID-19 because it just had a birthday.

So is it going to be hard for you to make rent this month without bussing all those tables?

@Dr.Dre is that you? @Dr. Dre's Mom

• Haha 3

Disclaimer: Any views or opinions presented by this poster (Warbow) are solely those of the author and do not necessarily represent those of the Univesity of Hawaii or it's loyal fans. All quotes and opinions from Warbow are valid for 30 days following the date of post transmission and are subject to change at any time. All information published herein by Warbow is gathered from his own opinions or sources which are thought to be reliable, but the reader should not assume that the information is official or fact.

3 hours ago, TheSanDiegan said:

Equity in one house can buy me? Omg omg OMG... :blink::rotflmfao::loser:go back to work in moms basement dufus.

Speaking of your wife, whats his name?

Group Hug Sport GIF by UFC

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, TheSanDiegan said:

Paging dr Sandygayman!!! 

Will you be writing any prescriptions with that advice Doc? Hmmmm?

Make sure to clear it with mom.... pens in her purse!

:rotflmfao::idiot::woohoo::facepalm::loser:

doctor pain GIFMr Bean Thumbs Up GIFare you stupid 80's GIF by Laffcatch me if you can doctor GIF

11 hours ago, TheSanDiegan said:

As per the CDC, n 2017 there were just over 1,300 influenza deaths in New Jersey. In the last six weeks, COVID-19 has killed 5,150 residents of New Jersey .

As per the CDC, in 2017 there were just over 4,500 deaths iN NY from influenza. In the last six weeks, COVID-19 has killed over 19,000 New Yorkers.

And to keep the numbers this low they had to to shut everythingTF down. It has been estimated that if DeBlasio and Cuomo had waited just two more days before issuing the stay-at-home orders, deaths would have doubled.

Covid deaths in Utah are way below Flu deaths.  Does that mean we are in the clear?  I am not sure what the point of this post is?  I suppose it could highlight the mortal dangers of mass transit, especially subways at rush hour.

8 minutes ago, BYUcougfan said:

Covid deaths in Utah are way below Flu deaths.  Does that mean we are in the clear?  I am not sure what the point of this post is?  I suppose it could highlight the mortal dangers of mass transit, especially subways at rush hour.

I guess the point of your post is to say:

"Yay social distancing, it's working!"