bornontheblue

Corona Virus - How bad is it going to be?

4 hours ago, soupslam1 said:

Anyone watching gas prices lately? Down to $1.79 in Boise. I haven’t seen prices this low in thirty years. Price war on the world market and low demand because no one is driving. 

When I was a young adult, we would take the car and get in line at 6:00 am to purchase 10 gallons of fuel while conforming to the license plate odd / even rules.  At 7:00 am they would sell fuel to the public after police and emergency vehicles were allowed to fill up between 6-7 am.  Now we get in line 6 am to buy toilet paper at Costco. 

5th December 1973:  Cars queuing for fuel during the oil crisis of 1973. (Evening Standard/Getty Images)

A line outside a Costco in Tempe

• Like 2
4 minutes ago, modestobulldog said:

When I was a young adult, we would take the car and get in line at 6:00 am to purchase 10 gallons of fuel while conforming to the license plate odd / even rules.  At 7:00 am they would sell fuel to the public after police and emergency vehicles were allowed to fill up between 6-7 am.  Now we get in line 6 am to buy toilet paper at Costco. 

800wm

A line outside a Costco in Tempe

My dad's family had a chevy Nova during that episode and it got like 6 miles to the gallon lol. It was not their family car. He said they didn't drive it much during that period.

15 hours ago, tailingpermit said:

Yeeeee-ah, I don’t think you know what you’re typing. 

Not shocking that you’re a forty year old flat brim wearing GTR owner.  

And I won’t be 40 til September, haven’t worn a hat in probably 15 years, and don’t own the GTR anymore. I’m refined, unbiased, and I set the record here for most posts without being wrong.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2
6 hours ago, soupslam1 said:

Anyone watching gas prices lately? Down to $1.79 in Boise. I haven’t seen prices this low in thirty years. Price war on the world market and low demand because no one is driving. 

I filled up last week, the day before oil prices going back up, at $1.31/gal with my grocery store rewards ($0.10/gal cheaper), I haven't seen prices that cheap in I don't know how long.

That being said, 30 years? You might be off a little bit, because I remember gas prices under $1.00/gal in the late 90s up to 9/11. Either that, or prices in Idaho must have been more expensive than in California at the time.

21 minutes ago, IanforHeisman said:

It’s hard to comprehend shit like that.. Because here there isn’t many cases, weather is great, I’m in the yard and sunshine all day in my robe. But in NYC they’re literally burying people in city parks.

They aren’t burying people in city parks. 

1 hour ago, Bob said:

My dad's family had a chevy Nova during that episode and it got like 6 miles to the gallon lol. It was not their family car. He said they didn't drive it much during that period.

I was a starving college student and drove a death trap Pinto. Although it was a major POS, it was great for that time. Got like 30 mpg and once when it ran out of gas waiting in one of those lines, my buddy and I just pushed the thing half a block.

• Like 3
6 minutes ago, IanforHeisman said:

Ah my bad. Guess the fake news got me. Still though, hard to imagine a city in America having so many bodies to bury they’re digging mass graves.

They aren't really mass graves though.  They're unclaimed people.  NYC has several every year that are buried in that place. There's just more unclaimed/unidentified people now but they're being documented and buried in separate caskets and somebody can go back in later and claim them.  NYC will then dig up where they're buried and transfer them to a cemetery.. 

Just now, mugtang said:

They aren't really mass graves though.  They're unclaimed people.  NYC has several every year that are buried in that place. There's just more unclaimed/unidentified people now but they're being documented and buried in separate caskets and somebody can go back in later and claim them.  NYC will then dig up where they're buried and transfer them to a cemetery.. 

God dammit Mug can’t you just let me over exaggerate a little.. Scaring people in the internet is the only entertainment I have right now.

16 minutes ago, SleepingGiantFan said:

I was a starving college student and drove a death trap Pinto. Although it was a major POS, it was great for that time. Got like 30 mpg and once when it ran out of gas waiting in one of those lines, my buddy and I just pushed the thing half a block.

I had a 92 Honda Civic. 11 bucks to fill up, and it seemed to last for months. And for some reason I was always trying to hit mom up for gas money.

Just now, IanforHeisman said:

God dammit Mug can’t you just let me over exaggerate a little.. Scaring people in the internet is the only entertainment I have right now.

Sorry Home Alone GIF by filmeditor

Just now, IanforHeisman said:

Is this a good time to bring up i never received all those Amazon gift cards I won here a few years back.. I was winning like $300 bucks a day for awhile. Sure would come in handy now.

They never sent me mine...assholes.

Hi gang, just checking in.

I've been running a COVID testing clinic a few days a week, which is not very fun. We are gowned and have PPE, but you still sit around and worry about it knowing you've been exposed to the illness. 

This is a serious illness. I hope people are treating it as such. Stay home unless you absolutely need to go out. Wash wash wash. 

I've seen some bad stuff with this. I've had a guy I tested die in like 72h after he was tested. Most positives I've tested have ended up in the hospital, fortunately I don't have to run the testing clinic every day, only here and there. Majority of ill will recover. It can kill you fast if your body goes that direction, take care of yourself if you have diabetes, heart disease, autoimmune conditions, or COPD. Stop smoking after all this is over if you do that.

It's still a nasty, terrible illness that you don't want, and you can be asymptomatic for several days before showing symptoms. My life right now is sit at home and hope I don't get sick and go to work. Hopefully this all  calms down soon and we can get back to our normal lives. 

Also, the Chinese government is a bunch of liars and we should get any manufacturing operation out of China and move it anywhere else. They can eat the biggest bag of dicks.

• Like 7
  • Cheers 12

We've cracked 1,000 deaths in a day for the first time and are track to set a new record for cases in a day.

edit: and we also went over 500,000 total cases.