Jump to content
bornontheblue

Corona Virus - How bad is it going to be?

Recommended Posts

2 hours ago, CV147 said:

My biggest concern is that when all this is over you'll have ass-tards saying stuff like "ONLY 40,000 people died and we shut down the economy for THAT?! Look at heart disease!"  Not realizing that, of course the reason that only those many people died was because we shut down the damn economy.

And those folks will vote for other ass-tards who believe it was all overhyped and a hoax and a conspiracy.

And then this disease will come crawling back and kill a whole lot more.

I'll tell you one thing, the biggest skeptics and those who ignore guidelines are the VERY people that the economy was shut down to protect. I was at a gas station and a 85 year old guy was buying a soda and a candy bar. It's very frustrating.

My biggest concern is people saying if we hadn't told everyone in the country to lock themselves in the house 2 million Americans would have died.  Then when it comes back, which it will no matter what we do, they'll want to go back to locking everyone in their house.

  • Like 1
  • Cheers 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, CPslograd said:

My biggest concern is people saying if we hadn't told everyone in the country to lock themselves in the house 2 million Americans would have died.  Then when it comes back, which it will no matter what we do, they'll want to go back to locking everyone in their house.

That may still happen after the three month vacation is over. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Jack Bauer said:

Hi gang, just checking in.

I've been running a COVID testing clinic a few days a week, which is not very fun. We are gowned and have PPE, but you still sit around and worry about it knowing you've been exposed to the illness. 

This is a serious illness. I hope people are treating it as such. Stay home unless you absolutely need to go out. Wash wash wash. 

I've seen some bad stuff with this. I've had a guy I tested die in like 72h after he was tested. Most positives I've tested have ended up in the hospital, fortunately I don't have to run the testing clinic every day, only here and there. Majority of ill will recover. It can kill you fast if your body goes that direction, take care of yourself if you have diabetes, heart disease, autoimmune conditions, or COPD. Stop smoking after all this is over if you do that.

It's still a nasty, terrible illness that you don't want, and you can be asymptomatic for several days before showing symptoms. My life right now is sit at home and hope I don't get sick and go to work. Hopefully this all  calms down soon and we can get back to our normal lives. 

Also, the Chinese government is a bunch of liars and we should get any manufacturing operation out of China and move it anywhere else. They can eat the biggest bag of dicks.

It’s good to hear from you. We’re all thinking of you guys, and doing our best to do our part by staying in and bitching at each other. Take care of yourself and check in more often.

  • Like 3
Link to post
Share on other sites
20 minutes ago, CPslograd said:

My biggest concern is people saying if we hadn't told everyone in the country to lock themselves in the house 2 million Americans would have died.  Then when it comes back, which it will no matter what we do, they'll want to go back to locking everyone in their house.

Yeah I’m wondering what will happen if something similar happens.. I don’t think the world can survive 2 shutdowns close to each other. But if you don’t people die, either way the world would never be the same as it was before. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, IanforHeisman said:

Yeah I’m wondering what will happen if something similar happens.. I don’t think the world can survive 2 shutdowns close to each other. But if you don’t people die, either way the world would never be the same as it was before. 

I can’t wait until I have grandkids and they ask me why I’m giving them toilet paper for their birthdays.

  • Like 2
  • Haha 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
35 minutes ago, mugtang said:

I can’t wait until I have grandkids and they ask me why I’m giving them toilet paper for their birthdays.

You’ll be amongst the richest men in the world if you have toilet paper.. Probably have servants to wipe their butts for them. Vintage 4ply toilet paper will be a thing.

Link to post
Share on other sites
40 minutes ago, mugtang said:

I can’t wait until I have grandkids and they ask me why I’m giving them toilet paper for their birthdays.

 

4 minutes ago, IanforHeisman said:

You’ll be amongst the richest men in the world if you have toilet paper.. Probably have servants to wipe their butts for them. Vintage 4ply toilet paper will be a thing.

“In the land of no toilet paper, the man with a clean asshole is king.” - Erasmus, c. 1536

  • Haha 3
Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, IanforHeisman said:

You’ll be amongst the richest men in the world if you have toilet paper.. Probably have servants to wipe their butts for them. Vintage 4ply toilet paper will be a thing.

I’m a millionaire.  Those things on the left are One Wipe Charlies from dollar shave club.  I’m going to be wiping my ass like a king for awhile. 
4BB5E966-907C-439D-85C2-FFD271D04C17.jpeg

  • Cheers 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, CV147 said:

My biggest concern is that when all this is over you'll have ass-tards saying stuff like "ONLY 40,000 people died and we shut down the economy for THAT?! Look at heart disease!"  Not realizing that, of course the reason that only those many people died was because we shut down the damn economy.

I'm already preparing some of these posts. 

  • Haha 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
53 minutes ago, mugtang said:

I can’t wait until I have grandkids and they ask me why I’m giving them toilet paper for their birthdays.

Hey, what are you doing throwing the cardboard roll in the garbage unused, what do you think you’re a Rockefeller or something?

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Aztecmg said:

Or we can join the rest of the world and start using bidets?

I suppose your next suggestion will be to adopt the metric system 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Maybe I’m just looking at too many doomsday type headlines scrolling Facebook, but it seems like while the virus will slowly die out the financial problems haven’t started yet. People have money now. Next month they won’t. That government check only delays the inevitable for a few weeks maybe.

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
41 minutes ago, retrofade said:

 

The recovery could take a decade. Life as we knew it is over for the next few years.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.




×
×
  • Create New...