bornontheblue

Corona Virus - How bad is it going to be?

19 minutes ago, SDSUfan said:

3,400,000 - Population of San Diego county

1761 - Number of confirmed Chinese flu cases

45 - total deaths for the Chinese flu

9- total deaths of people under the age of 70

1- death with no underlying heath conditions

https://www.sandiegouniontribune.com/news/health/story/2020-03-16/tracking-coronavirus-cases-san-diego-countys-case-count-reaches-55

For THIS we have de-facto Marshal law and have collapsed our economy

Bait GIF

• Like 5

15 minutes ago, SDSUfan said:

There's no evidence to support your claim. You act as if there are no numbers prior to shutting down the country.  Why is that so hard to comprehend?

Besides, what if the numbers were 10X worse?  17,000 cases, 450 deaths, 90 people under the age of 70. 10 with no underlying conditions. Is that bad enough to shut  down the economy?

Your claim that Marshal Law has "saved" doesn't stand up against MILLIONS unemployed and MILLIONS impoverished

Oh, I see. YOU know more than the experts including your boy Trumptard.

Now use your deductive reasoning skills and answer me this... the Trumptard’s NUMBER 1 priority has been the economy. So you’re telling me he pulled the plug without seeing some pretty convincing data?

• Like 1

22 hours ago, SDSUfan said:

There's no evidence to support your claim. You act as if there are no numbers prior to shutting down the country.  Why is that so hard to comprehend?

Besides, what if the numbers were 10X worse?  17,000 cases, 450 deaths, 90 people under the age of 70. Is that bad enough to shut  down the economy?

Your claim that Marshal Law has "saved" doesn't stand up against MILLIONS unemployed and MILLIONS impoverished

But you also cannot act as if we knew exactly how bad this new coronavirus could have been.  Given that there were no individuals on the planet that had been vaccinated or had been previously exposed to COVID-19 there was no way to know how bad it would be and the potential was/is high.  We do know this coronavirus is more contagious than the seasonal flu.  What we don't as of yet know is if this coronavirus is significantly more deadly than the seasonal flu.  We won't know this until we get a good picture of just how many people have caught the virus via antibody testing and compare that to how many have died.  Am I pissed that our economy has taken a huge hit.  Hell yes I am.  But I am not as pissed about this as I am about the complete and total unpreparedness of our country.  Look at South Korea, Singapore and Germany.  They had a lot of exposure but had the ability and leadership from day 1 to test, isolate and contact trace.  This is how you keep an economy largely working during a pandemic.  Our country and leadership have failed miserably and continue to do so and this pisses me off.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, NevadaFan said:

Now use your deductive reasoning skills and answer me this... the Trumptard’s NUMBER 1 priority has been the economy. So you’re telling me he pulled the plug without seeing some pretty convincing data?

I'm not claiming to "know" anything. I have the ability to look at the available numbers and draw my own conclusions instead of willingly accepting what the media is peddling. They have a vested interest in sensationalism. I've been looking at the numbers from the very beginning of this nonsense, waiting for the big WOW! that will change my mind.  Last week was supposed to the week the "experts" told us would be widespread death.  Well?

20k deaths in the US with a population of 340,000,000

10k deaths in NY/NJ takes up fully half of the body count leaving 10k for the entire remainder of the US.

San Diego numbers aren't the exception, they're the rule.

NYC is the exception.

• Like 2
  • Facepalm 1
  • Super-Mega Idiot 1

“Science is the belief in the ignorance of experts.”

-Richard Feynman

"When buying and selling are controlled by legislation, the first things to be bought and sold are legislators."

-P.J. O’Rourke

26 minutes ago, NevadaFan said:

When you're the president and the "experts" tell you if you don't do X millions of people may die, you do X.

Trumps initial instincts were and remain correct.  He was accused of downplaying the threat.  That's what all of you TDS shit heads were saying. Turns out, ONCE AGAIN, his instincts were more in line with the reality than the "experts" analysis.

• Cheers 1
  • Facepalm 1

-Richard Feynman

"When buying and selling are controlled by legislation, the first things to be bought and sold are legislators."

-P.J. O’Rourke

1 hour ago, sactowndog said:

I agree.  That’s what good leaders do.  They force people to consider all alternatives and develop contingency plans.   He didn’t do it early enough but it’s the right thing to be doing now.  

Trump is the guy who wants to be in charge but can’t be bothered to take charge. 

• Like 1

Long overdue to get economists on the taskforce with the medical experts.  Silo's are old world stinkin thinking, but government is good at it.  The way forward is going to be a balance; tamping down deaths gradually while greatly increasing economic activity through common sense precautions.  We need to move to herd immunity because a vaccine may not be forthcoming or will be too far into the future.  Save every life is not practical or smart.

• Cheers 1
110926run_defense710.jpg

Another thing to remember is the various model totals are predicting infected/deaths out to August which is 3.5 months away.  I hope like hell the numbers fall far short of the models.  At this point in time we need to ramp up testing so that we can get back to work and to help identify, isolate and contact trace new cases early to avoid another NYC, New Orleans, Detroit, Chicago.  The administration wants to open the economy again soon but I just don't see them doing the things that need to be done to do this.

In the absense of significnatly more testing the only thing we are left with to minimize the number of deaths is to isolate and protect the most vulnerable citizens while the rest of us get back to work.

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, IanforHeisman said:

Trump is the guy who wants to be in charge but can’t be bothered to take charge. 

Trump is not in charge. His Cvirus advisors and medical community are giving him the necessary information to make decisions. They are essentially in charge. 

• Facepalm 1

1 hour ago, Stealthlobo said:

I know ur just trying to get a reaction out of liberals, but just to be more accurate, you might want to call it the Chinese coronavirus. Coronaviruses and influenza viruses have different and unique molecular structures:

Comparisons-Between-Coronavirus-And -Influenza.jpg

Or to be more accurate the Wuhan Coronvirus.  But Trumpers are never concerned with accuracy are they.   

• Like 2

30 minutes ago, soupslam1 said:

Trump is not in charge. His Cvirus advisors and medical community are giving him the necessary information to make decisions. They are essentially in charge. 

He seems to be having a problem with Fauci be in charge on this.. Not on the scientific vaccine side maybe, but the public information side. 

• Like 1

1,830,000 - Population of  Idaho

1404 - Total positive Chinese Novel Corona Virus that originated in the city of Wuhan...which is in CHINA cases

27- Deaths from the Chinese Novel Corona Virus that originated in the city of Wuhan...which is in CHINA

For some reason, Idaho doesn't provide age demographics for death, only race

https://public.tableau.com/profile/idaho.division.of.public.health#!/vizhome/DPHIdahoCOVID-19Dashboard_V2/DPHCOVID19Dashboard2

-Richard Feynman

-P.J. O’Rourke

3,139,658 - population of the State of Nevada

2836 - Total positive Chinese Novel Corona Virus that originated in the city of Wuhan...which is in CHINA cases

112 - Deaths due to Chinese Novel Corona Virus that originated in the city of Wuhan...which is in CHINA

https://app.powerbigov.us/view?r=eyJrIjoiMjA2ZThiOWUtM2FlNS00MGY5LWFmYjUtNmQwNTQ3Nzg5N2I2IiwidCI6ImU0YTM0MGU2LWI4OWUtNGU2OC04ZWFhLTE1NDRkMjcwMzk4MCJ9

For some reason Nevada doesn't provide death age demographics, only positive cases.   Weird.

-Richard Feynman

-P.J. O’Rourke

3 hours ago, SDSUfan said:

I'm not claiming to "know" anything. I have the ability to look at the available numbers and draw my own conclusions instead of willingly accepting what the media is peddling. They have a vested interest in sensationalism. I've been looking at the numbers from the very beginning of this nonsense, waiting for the big WOW! that will change my mind.  Last week was supposed to the week the "experts" told us would be widespread death.  Well?

20k deaths in the US with a population of 340,000,000

10k deaths in NY/NJ takes up fully half of the body count leaving 10k for the entire remainder of the US.

San Diego numbers aren't the exception, they're the rule.

NYC is the exception.

Who cares what the "media is peddling"?

It wasn't the "media" who made the decisions, nationwide and worldwide, that social distancing was the best way to slow down this virus.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Bob said:

Wyoming: 578,759 - 261 - 0. That's right 0 deaths. 0% mortality rate. 

Yet schools and businesses remain closed. Glad the kids are the ones getting +++++ed over in this situation. You don't get those missed experiences back. 

They'll never forget this experience.

• Like 2

47 minutes ago, renoskier said:

Who cares what the "media is peddling"?

It wasn't the "media" who made the decisions, nationwide and worldwide, that social distancing was the best way to slow down this virus.

Many in the personal responsibility I am my own island crowd are now all of a sudden "nothing you could do", "somebody tricked me", "nobody's fault", "outside forces manipulated me", "we're all in this together".

It's great.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, SDSUfan said:

1,830,000 - Population of  Idaho

1404 - Total positive Chinese Novel Corona Virus that originated in the city of Wuhan...which is in CHINA cases

27- Deaths from the Chinese Novel Corona Virus that originated in the city of Wuhan...which is in CHINA

For some reason, Idaho doesn't provide age demographics for death, only race

https://public.tableau.com/profile/idaho.division.of.public.health#!/vizhome/DPHIdahoCOVID-19Dashboard_V2/DPHCOVID19Dashboard2

Someone correct me here if im wrong, most cases seem to be in Blaine County where Sun Valley is. Wealthy people who have multiple homes and travel. Boise hasn’t had too many cases compared to its population size.

But Boise is probably the most isolated city of its size in America. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Bob said:

Wyoming: 578,759 - 261 - 0. That's right 0 deaths. 0% mortality rate. 

Yet schools and businesses remain closed. Glad the kids are the ones getting +++++ed over in this situation. You don't get those missed experiences back. 

Yeah go back to school if you a few of you do die, I’ll make sure the local businesses know you were happy to sacrifice your life for the economy.