bornontheblue

Corona Virus - How bad is it going to be?

1 hour ago, Broncomare said:

+100

I've seen ER photos of two guys who tried to outrun a K9 and it wasn't pretty.

Once that dog gets its jaws into you, it's all over unless you shoot the animal. And you better be able to do so multiple times but the dog will just keep coming until it's dead. Even then it's all over for the perp if doing so doesn't dislodge the dog from his arm or leg because nobody is going to be able to drag the animal. And one ER nurse I spoke with said that several times she's seen suspects brought in by the cops in order to have a dog's teeth removed from the perp.

• Like 1

Boom goes the dynamite.

5 minutes ago, SleepingGiantFan said:

+100

I've seen ER photos of two guys who tried to outrun a K9 and it wasn't pretty.

Once that dog gets its jaws into you, it's all over unless you shoot the animal. And you better be able to do so multiple times but the dog will just keep coming until it's dead. Even then it's all over for the perp if doing so doesn't dislodge the dog from his arm or leg because nobody is going to be able to drag the animal. And one ER nurse I spoke with said that several times she's seen suspects brought in by the cops in order to have a dog's teeth removed from the perp.

What kind of idiot thinks he's going to outrun a dog????  I have two pit bulls, a 90lb female and a 100lb male.  They are the sweetest dogs I have ever had.  If my husband it out of town and someone comes to the door, I make sure that when I answer the door, I have one on each side of me.  They are always smiling and have their tails wagging.  However, if I or hubby were really threatened, I think it would get real ugly for that person really fast.  As the hubby says "they'll be running down the street with a pit bull attached to each butt cheek".   

One time some idiot backed into my hubby's Pete at a truck stop near French Camp, Ca.  The Pete dealer said it would take 2 - 3 weeks to fix.  I drove down from Boise to get him because he had taken the dogs with him on this run.  We spent the night right outside of Stockton and there were several hotels right together and as we were getting out of the Tahoe, I noticed security guards walking around with guns.  Right then, one happened to walk by, noticed our Idaho plates and the shocked look on my face.  My husband had just got the dogs out , the security guard starts laughing and said, with those two big pits, nobody is going to mess with you.  

• Like 1

down in a hole.jpg

1 hour ago, pokerider said:

now your proving you don't have a clue.  CDC budget was INCREASED.  Trump indicated that he might cut funding for CDC but it wasn't.  So more fake news being spread. 

ALSO -  Trump DIDN'T get rid of the Pandemic Response Team  - the official in charge of that left, then it got put under Bolton who also left.  Then it got reorganized as there was not time and resources to get new people setup for this and Trump used other people to put in charge of it.  And this also goes back to the Democrat RESIST campaign - Trump is having  difficult time getting people approved by congress.  So be careful what you wish for when your whole plan is to RESIST! 

Regarding the proposed budget cuts, you are correct. While Trump attempted to cut billions off their budget, Congress resisted. From the CDC:

The fiscal year (FY) 2018 President’s budget request for D and !TSDR includes a total funding level of $6,037,243,000 in discretionary budget authority and the Prevention and Public Health Fund (PPHF). This is an overall decrease of $1,222,431,000 below the FY 2017 Annualized Continuing Resolution (CR) level, which is a 17% reduction.

Link

This continued moving forward as Trump again tried to cut the balls off their budget.

However, regarding the elimination of the Pandemic Response Team from the NSC, you're flat-out wrong:

In 2018, Trump administration eliminated the position of senior director for global health security and biodefense as part of a broader downsizing of the NSC spearheaded by then-National Security Adviser John Bolton. Earlier this month, 27 Democratic senators sent a letter to current National Security Adviser Robert O’Brien urging him to reinstate the position and asking him to clarify how the White House plans to handle global health security threats.

Link

And from that bastion of liberal media, Fortune magazine (Link): 

The cuts started in 2018, as the White House focused on eliminating funding to Obama-era disease security programs. In March of that year, Rear Adm. Timothy Ziemer, whose job it was to lead the U.S. response in the event of a pandemic, abruptly left the administration and his global health security team was disbanded.

St-Javelin-Sm.jpgChase.jpg 

45 minutes ago, TheSanDiegan said:

Regarding the proposed budget cuts, you are correct. While Trump attempted to cut billions off their budget, Congress resisted. From the CDC:

Link

This continued moving forward as Trump again tried to cut the balls off their budget.

However, regarding the elimination of the Pandemic Response Team from the NSC, you're flat-out wrong:

Link

And from that bastion of liberal media, Fortune magazine (Link): 

The way this started out with CDC testing, maybe they should have been eliminated with the pandemic team. Government has a way of tripping over itself in time of need. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, pokerider said:

now your proving you don't have a clue.  CDC budget was INCREASED.  Trump indicated that he might cut funding for CDC but it wasn't.  So more fake news being spread. 

ALSO -  Trump DIDN'T get rid of the Pandemic Response Team  - the official in charge of that left, then it got put under Bolton who also left.  Then it got reorganized as there was not time and resources to get new people setup for this and Trump used other people to put in charge of it.  And this also goes back to the Democrat RESIST campaign - Trump is having  difficult time getting people approved by congress.  So be careful what you wish for when your whole plan is to RESIST! 

Typical half-assed right wing nut response.  Like, budget was increased to it is impossible for the screening to be half-assed.  How dumb can you be?

There were thousands of people returning to the USA from coronavirus ravaged Northern Italy and they were just waved through without being screened at all.

Budget increase?  To pay high salaries for alt-right consultants and luxury plane travel for Trump appointees. With Republicans feeding at the public trough the money goes pretty quickly. 

3 hours ago, sean327 said:

I decided to take tomorrow off and enjoy life. Cheers phuckers!

2057AEAA-DBEB-422B-83FC-6972D4348A87.jpeg

My employer kicked out $500 grants to all of its employees a couple of weeks ago and they gave everybody tomorrow off paid.  

• Like 3
  • Cheers 2

thelawlorfaithful, on 31 Dec 2012 - 04:01 AM, said:One of the rules I live by: never underestimate a man in a dandy looking sweater

5 minutes ago, bsu_alum9 said:

#TrumpBurialPits is trending on twitter.

Should be #ChineseCommunistPartyBurials.  Trump has made several missteps here but I honestly don’t think any other administration would’ve handled this much better.  The ultimate blame for those deaths are on the hands of the government of China for lying to the world. And before we get into the Trump downplayed this, so did the mainstream media.  They were also saying things like “the flu is more of a concern” in January.  

• Like 4

thelawlorfaithful, on 31 Dec 2012 - 04:01 AM, said:One of the rules I live by: never underestimate a man in a dandy looking sweater

3 minutes ago, tailingpermit said:

Never understood how people chew that saw dust.  

I’ve never understood why people chew. 

3 minutes ago, mugtang said:

Should be #ChineseCommunistPartyBurials.  Trump has made several missteps here but I honestly don’t think any other administration would’ve handled this much better.  The ultimate blame for those deaths are on the hands of the government of China for lying to the world. And before we get into the Trump downplayed this, so did the mainstream media.  They were also saying things like “the flu is more of a concern” in January.  

The “Trump screwed the pooch but likely any other administration would’ve done the same” posts are getting old. 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, tailingpermit said:

Because I need to spit before I adjust my nuts.  

Lol