bornontheblue

Corona Virus - How bad is it going to be?

3 minutes ago, Stealthlobo said:

That's fine with me. If someone is dying, try anything and everything (similar to experimental cancer drugs). I'm just not comfortable using it in a general prophylactic situation.

I’ve read the FDA has approved it in emergency situations. I’ve also read of a case where a guy didn’t think he was going to live through the night, took the drug and felt much better the next morning. I realize it’s anecdotal, but desperate times require desperate measures. 

9 minutes ago, TheSanDiegan said:

It's f*cking hilarious to me that those so resistant to basic scientific and mathematical principles are equally quick to trip over the nutsack of allegory in their rush to jump on its tip.

blah blah blah

#mathishard

-Bob-

• Haha 4
  • Facepalm 1

14 minutes ago, Bob said:

It's functionally negligible. The death rate of coronavirus is not high enough to justify a complete shutdown of the economy. Tens of millions are out of jobs. Countless lives have been ruined.

Most are temporarily out of jobs.  Millions will be back at their regular job when shelter-in-place is over.  Which may be sooner than originally predicted.  The majority of Americans taking precautionary measures may very well be the reason.  If the stimulus bill stays in place, citizens, corporations and small business alike can be able to rebound very quickly.  Perhaps continuing to do what is being done is the right move for the economy.

• Like 5

2 minutes ago, soupslam1 said:

I’ve read the FDA has approved it in emergency situations. 

Which is what @Stealthlobo just said. Use it in emergency situations.

2 minutes ago, soupslam1 said:

Make sure you don't take the hypenated one.  :fish:

1 hour ago, soupslam1 said:

So is adrenaline but there's a reason they don't offer it in a K-pod.

2 minutes ago, Bob said:

Yes, Bob, there are doctors who have reported having some success with it. That is what is meant when we refer to it as "anecdotal evidence," which is remarkably different from clinical trials. As has been explained. A lot.

1 minute ago, TheSanDiegan said:

Yes, Bob, there are doctors who have reported having some success with it. That is what is meant when we refer to it as "anecdotal evidence," which is remarkably different from clinical trials. As has been explained. A lot.

So, just what I said, dipshit?

7 minutes ago, renoskier said:

blah blah blah

#mathishard

-Bob-

So that's why all the models are being adjusted? lmfao. models are smart, models never make mistakes. durrrrr

1 minute ago, Bob said:

So, just what I said, dipshit?

Great, now explain how "lives have been ruined!"

4 minutes ago, TheSanDiegan said:

Are u sure? I found some great anecdotal evidence to cure cancer!

https://m.economictimes.com/industry/healthcare/biotech/healthcare/cow-urine-to-be-used-in-medicines-and-treatment-of-cancer-health-minister-ashwini-choubey/articleshow/71030985.cms

• Haha 2

Just now, renoskier said:

Great, now explain how "lives have been ruined!"

Yeah, losing your job or having your business fail is no big deal. ffs

1 minute ago, Bob said:

So that's why all the models are being adjusted? lmfao. models are smart, models never make mistakes. durrrrr

Models constantly need to be adjusted based on new data. Are you honestly this freaking stupid? Preventative measures have been taken, social distancing has been put into place, schools have been moved to distance learning, non-essential businesses have been temporarily closed. As a direct result of this, the rate of exponential growth has diminished. Use your goddamned brain for once in your life, you mindless rube.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Bob said:

Apparently #mathishard for you. If you knew anything of statistics, you'd know that "models" are dynamic. New data = new results.

Why do you have such a difficult time admitting that social distancing is working?

1 minute ago, Bob said:

Oh, so it's financial ruin you speak of? Is this the only metric you value in quality of life?

Just now, retrofade said:

Models constantly need to be adjusted based on new data. Are you honestly this freaking stupid? Preventative measures have been taken, social distancing has been put into place, schools have been moved to distance learning, non-essential businesses have been temporarily closed. As a direct result of this, the rate of exponential growth has diminished. Use your goddamned brain for once in your life, you mindless rube.

Yo, retard, the models are being adjusted downward based on THE SAME social distancing measures. Nothing's changed except the OPINION being offered. Oh, so like the models were wrong to begin with? But, but, but but, but, but they were based on math and shit! infallible, I tell you!

3 minutes ago, renoskier said:

Apparently #mathishard for you. If you knew anything of statistics, you'd know that "models" are dynamic. New data = new results.

Why do you have such a difficult time admitting that social distancing is working?

Because it doesn't fit with his narrative that this wasn't ever a big deal to begin with. He's been brainwashed by idiots like Rush Limbaugh, so it's not like we can expect anything even resembling critical thinking skills from him.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Bob said:

I wonder what the job loss and business closure would have been if Americans did nothing different... :coffeecomputer:

• Like 4

16 minutes ago, Bob said:

Yo, retard, the models are being adjusted downward based on THE SAME social distancing measures. Nothing's changed except the OPINION being offered. Oh, so like the models were wrong to begin with? But, but, but but, but, but they were based on math and shit! infallible, I tell you!

The DATA has changed, so models are adjusted. Models were built without knowing exactly the effect that social distancing would have over a long period of time. Now that there's more data available, the models can be adjusted accordingly to give more accurate results that incorporate everything that we know now. 

Honestly, I don't get how the +++++ someone can be as dimwitted as you are. Honestly, you're surpassing Convert at this point. I can't be bothered with your dumbassery anymore.

• Like 2