Jump to content
bornontheblue

Corona Virus - How bad is it going to be?

Recommended Posts

13 minutes ago, Bob said:

You're not a prophet

Are you? Because you, soup for brains, and bornwithblueballs sure as +++++ act like you all are.

Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, SleepingGiantFan said:

The sixties stuff wasn't geographical or at least not nearly so much so as is the case today.

Other than that, I agree with pretty much everything you've said, including how difficult a "divorce" would be for agrarian states. As an example, last I heard, California was receiving about 88 cents back from the feds for every dollar its citizens pay in income tax. For Mississippi, the formula is almost reversed.

Water rights like happy said and military defense would also be huge issues.  Both non starters really.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, smltwnrckr said:

the 60s was almost certainly geographical, just not in the same way. Just like today's issues are to some extent geographical, but not in the ways that people on here are suggesting (blue states vs red states). Happy's point on geography is that the geography is more complicated than bornontheblue seems to indicate it is. California is a good example, as you know. It is one of the bluest states in the union, but it also has a ton of conservatives, including pockets of hardcore conservatism. 

Yep — thinking that an entire state the size of California would happily go along with secession is silly.

9AA9A921-38B6-4CA4-84BD-816C0DFA7FAB.jpeg.02603656a2bbad6412ceffa4eef72efa.jpeg

Link to post
Share on other sites

He really just needs to shut the +++++ up, let the medical professionals speak, and start acting like a +++++ing leader instead of an unhinged dipshit.

 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, retrofade said:

Are you? Because you, soup for brains, and bornwithblueballs sure as +++++ act like you all are.

If you really think after looking at trends in other nations  that millions are going to perish from coronavirus in the USA I don't know what to tell you.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, retrofade said:

He really just needs to shut the +++++ up, let the medical professionals speak, and start acting like a +++++ing leader instead of an unhinged dipshit.

 

I don’t blame him, the media is doing such a wonderful job of creating a false wedge between members of virus task force.  
 

https://www.chicagotribune.com/coronavirus/sns-nyt-trump-losing-patience-with-fauci-20200324-ikboxqsarrbtvhexsdh4fd3apy-story.html

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Bob said:

If you really think after looking at trends in other nations  that millions are going to perish from coronavirus in the USA I don't know what to tell you.

I mean, you'd have a legitimate point if either @TheSanDiegan or I had said any of that. But, I guess you're the prophet, and you know what the final death toll will be when all is said and done. All hail to the mighty Bob the Clairvoyant. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, tailingpermit said:

I don’t blame him, the media is doing such a wonderful job of creating a false wedge between members of virus task force.  
 

https://www.chicagotribune.com/coronavirus/sns-nyt-trump-losing-patience-with-fauci-20200324-ikboxqsarrbtvhexsdh4fd3apy-story.html

Yes, everything is the media's fault. Understood. 

Or, maybe, just maaaaaaaaaaaybe, their reporting is accurate and paints a picture of a President that cares more about the economy and his re-election than anything else. But hey, you and @Bob seem to have the whole soothsayer thing going on, so I'll defer to your wisdom and knowledge.

Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, retrofade said:

He really just needs to shut the +++++ up, let the medical professionals speak, and start acting like a +++++ing leader instead of an unhinged dipshit.

 

Yes he does.

He's a petulant child throwing a tantrum with complete and total disregard to the damage he's causing. How the +++++ he got elected I still don't understand. He is damaging to this country. He is a threat to national security.

  • Like 1
  • Facepalm 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, BSUTOP25 said:

Yep — thinking that an entire state the size of California would happily go along with secession is silly.

9AA9A921-38B6-4CA4-84BD-816C0DFA7FAB.jpeg.02603656a2bbad6412ceffa4eef72efa.jpeg

Clark County Nevada should go on it's own - let the rural NV try to survive on their pittance of a tax base !! 

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, retrofade said:

Yes, everything is the media's fault. Understood. 

Or, maybe, just maaaaaaaaaaaybe, their reporting is accurate and paints a picture of a President that cares more about the economy and his re-election than anything else. But hey, you and @Bob seem to have the whole soothsayer thing going on, so I'll defer to your wisdom and knowledge.

If you want to ignore Fauci himself stating that the media was unfairly pinning him and Trump against each other that’s your prerogative. 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, UNLV2001 said:

Clark County Nevada should go on it's own - let the rural NV try to survive on their pittance of a tax base !! 

Rural Nevada would do just fine in that situation. 

  • Like 1
  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, BSUTOP25 said:

I once met a woman from Arco who could chug a room temperature Lucky Lager then immediately burp the alphabet, all without taking a breath. Don’t +++++ with people from Arco.

Did you and Joe enjoy a threesome?  Joe probably has a few stories from Arco.

  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Joe from WY said:

Rural Nevada would do just fine in that situation. 

Yeah !! A county with 826 people will really pay their own way !!! 

Esmeralda County is a county in the west of U.S. state of Nevada. As of the 2010 census, the population was 783,[1] making it the least populous county in Nevada. Esmeralda County does not have any incorporated communities. Its county seat is the town of Goldfield.[2]

Area

 

 
 • Total 3,589 sq mi (9,300 km2)
 • Land 3,582 sq mi (9,280 km2)
 • Water 7.2 sq mi (19 km2)  0.2%
Population
 (2010)
 • Total 783
 • Estimate 
(2018)
826
 • Density 0.22/sq mi (0.084/km2)
Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, UNLV2001 said:

Yeah !! A county with 826 people will really pay their own way !!! 

Esmeralda County is a county in the west of U.S. state of Nevada. As of the 2010 census, the population was 783,[1] making it the least populous county in Nevada. Esmeralda County does not have any incorporated communities. Its county seat is the town of Goldfield.[2]

Area

 

 
 • Total 3,589 sq mi (9,300 km2)
 • Land 3,582 sq mi (9,280 km2)
 • Water 7.2 sq mi (19 km2)  0.2%
Population
 (2010)
 • Total 783
 • Estimate 
(2018)
826
 • Density 0.22/sq mi (0.084/km2)

That's not what you said. You implied Rural Nevada would be doomed without Clark County's cesspool. Immense mineral wealth and a low population are a recipe for prosperity. 

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, TheSanDiegan said:

For those still obsessed with the fact that "more people died last year from blah blah blah," this is for you:

URHere72.jpg

Mr Magoo with a MAGA hat :rotflmfao:

  • Like 1
  • Haha 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
37 minutes ago, BSUTOP25 said:

Yep — thinking that an entire state the size of California would happily go along with secession is silly.

9AA9A921-38B6-4CA4-84BD-816C0DFA7FAB.jpeg.02603656a2bbad6412ceffa4eef72efa.jpeg

In CA you need to divide San Bernardino and Riverside counties in half. The western side of each is blue because it’s urban, the eastern sides are red because they are rural. Imperial County is just weird, no rhyme or reason as to why it’s blue. It has the same demographics as it’s neighbor to the East in Arizona, Yuma County. Yuma County is bright red.

Link to post
Share on other sites
36 minutes ago, retrofade said:

He really just needs to shut the +++++ up, let the medical professionals speak, and start acting like a +++++ing leader instead of an unhinged dipshit.

 

I'd recommend shutting him out. I know, he's the president. But he really isn't a useful or productive voice.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.




×
×
  • Create New...