Jump to content
bornontheblue

Corona Virus - How bad is it going to be?

Recommended Posts

Quote

These GOP senators say they won't fast track passage of the bill unless a drafting error is fixed  

From CNN's Ted Barrett and Manu Raju

Three GOP senators say "a massive drafting error in the current version of the coronavirus relief legislation could have devastating consequences: Unless this bill is fixed, there is a strong incentive for employees to be laid off instead of going to work.” 

“We must sadly oppose the fast-tracking of this bill until this text is addressed, or the Department of Labor issues regulatory guidance that no American would earn more by not working than by working," Sens. Tim Scott, Ben Sasse and Lindsey Graham said in a written statement. 

What this means: CNN is reaching out to their offices for details of what the error is. But this could mean the bill can’t pass the Senate today because they would block unanimous consent for a quick vote.

 

Let me take a wild guess here that there is no error. Let's say someone makes min wage, $10/hr that's 400 per week.

The bill is adding $600 per week to whatever people would get which means unemployment would pay more. And that's what these small hearted cretins object to.

In my opinion the problem is the min wage. 

Of course, I could be wrong. 

 

****All this means is they now have to go 30 hours before taking the vote. 

  • Facepalm 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, happycamper said:

There is no world where a "divorce" would be better.  

You think we can keep going on like this with this divisiveness, and hate in our country. It has to stop at some point or we will ultimately get divorced. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
22 minutes ago, bornontheblue said:

No, no , you misunderstood me. If you guys want to go then go. We won't interfere, and we want nothing to do with the Nation of California. 

Sometimes it's better  to divorce and go separate ways than try to fix the marriage. 

I hope we do too. The 1st thing I'll do is form a militia and take the phooking place over.  Buncha unarmed lefty pussies wouldn't stand a chance

  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, sean327 said:

This is exactly the shit I’m worried about when this ends. This great Republic is in serious trouble.

+100

I see you and various others here in the same light as I've seen lawlorfaithful for many months. Although you guys lean right politically whereas I lean left, we're moderates who are open to considering the opinions of others. However, for the several years I've participated in this forum to varying degrees there has always been a small cadre of folks who seem to accept everything the Republican Party or Democratic Party tells them. Such immediate acceptance of the party line is becoming increasingly dangerous as the leaders seem more and more interested in trying to make the other side look bad than in compromising so as to do what's best for our country.

  • Like 1
  • Haha 3
Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, SleepingGiantFan said:

+100

I see you and various others here in the same light as I've seen lawlorfaithful for many months. Although you guys lean right politically whereas I lean left, we're moderates who are open to considering the opinions of others. However, for the several years I've participated in this forum to varying degrees there has always been a small cadre of folks who seem to accept everything the Republican Party or Democratic Party tells them. Such immediate acceptance of the party line is becoming increasingly dangerous as party leaders seem more and more interested in trying to make the other side look bad than in compromising so as to do what's best for our country.

Hahahahahahahahahahaha!!!

OMG, that’s the funniest shit I’ve read in a long time. 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, bornontheblue said:

You think we can keep going on like this with this divisiveness, and hate in our country. It has to stop at some point or we will ultimately get divorced. 

Why do you think that? Do you think that we really have more divisiveness than the '60s? Furthermore, what do you think a "divorce" would look like? What do you think would happen to the areas that were "divorced"?

Link to post
Share on other sites
41 minutes ago, bornontheblue said:

I swear something was going around back in November and December. I was working around people who were coming and going from China at that time. I got the worst cold I have ever had in December. Took me about 2 weeks to get back to 100%. Worst cough and fever I have ever had. 

My son works for Primary Health in Boise.  Back at the beginning of March he got really sick, cough, fever, etc., but he also had some GI issues. Since there were no known cases in Idaho at that time and he hadn’t traveled anywhere, we didn’t think much of it.  This past Sunday, the doctors at his work decided he needed to be tested since he still has a cough, etc that they are worried about. We won’t know the results of the test for another day or two, but we kind of expect it to be negative.  But I guess you never know.

Link to post
Share on other sites

They need to define whether the cardiac injury results FROM having COVID-19.

That would be a long term harm people would have to deal with. In other words, lasting damage as opposed to fully recovered.

 

Quote

Study links cardiac injury among hospitalized Covid-19 patients to greater risk of death

From CNN’s Jacqueline Howard and Gina Yu

Evidence is emerging that injury to the heart may be a common condition among people hospitalized with Covid-19, according to a new study, and it’s linked to a greater risk of death for those patients.

The study, published in the medical journal JAMA Cardiology on Wednesday, found that among a group of 416 adult Covid-19 patients hospitalized in Wuhan, China, 82 patients — 19.7% — had cardiac injury. The death rate was higher among patients with cardiac injury versus those without: 42 of the patients with cardiac injury died — 51.2% — versus 15 of those without cardiac injury, or 4.5%.

Cardiac injury, sometimes also referred to as myocardial injury, occurs when there is damage to heart muscle and such damage can occur when blood flow to the heart is reduced —vwhich is what causes a heart attack.

Though the study showed cardiac injury is a common condition among patients hospitalized with Covid-19, it did not indicate whether Covid-19 directly causes cardiac injury. The authors state the mechanism of cardiac injury among these patients with Covid-19 remains uncertain, and more evidence is needed to demonstrate Covid-19 directly injures the heart.

Another key “is the potentially important long-term issue," said Brooks Gump, the Falk Family Endowed Professor of Public Health at Syracuse University in New York, who was not involved in the study. "Many patients who pull through may still have cardiac injury and associated long-term cardiovascular issues as a consequence of Covid-19 infection."

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, happycamper said:

Why do you think that? Do you think that we really have more divisiveness than the '60s? Furthermore, what do you think a "divorce" would look like? What do you think would happen to the areas that were "divorced"?

I think there is more animosity and hate between people from geographical regions of the country now than since 1861. I would say maybe the northeastern states could break off if they wanted to, and the West Coast could break off if they wanted to. It wouldn't have to be nasty, just let them go. I don't want a national divorce either, but we cant keep going the way we are. Would you stay in a relationship that was as nasty as the red vs blue states is right now? 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, modestobulldog said:

Arco?

I don't think Arco would be considered Northern Idaho, though I'll let the mayonnaise lovers answer that. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Posted this in the wrong thread originally.

One week increments in March.

Cases

March 4
158

March 11
1,301 (823%)

March 18
9,197 (706%)

March 25
62,312  (677%)

 

Deaths

March 4
11

March 11
38 (345%)

March 18
150 (394%)

March 25
878 (585%)

  • Sad 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, NVGiant said:

I don't think Arco would be considered Northern Idaho, though I'll let the mayonnaise lovers answer that. 

Arco is Central Idaho. Don’t +++++ with people from Arco. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, bornontheblue said:

I think there is more animosity and hate between people from geographical regions of the country now than since 1861. I would say maybe the northeastern states could break off if they wanted to, and the West Coast could break off if they wanted to. It wouldn't have to be nasty, just let them go. I don't want a national divorce either, but we cant keep going the way we are. Would you stay in a relationship that was as nasty as the red vs blue states is right now? 

Agree about everything you've said. And the current situation differs considerably from 1861 in many ways, foremost among them is that there isn't a moral chasm as big as slavery to be considered.

Americans can stop the growing political divide if sufficiently motivated but it's clear from this board that at least some people have no interest in doing so.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Del Scorcho said:

this makes no sense.  Are we suspecting that millions of people caught this initially and didn't have severe enough symptoms to be hospitalized back in January?  And just recently it has escalated.

:hookah:

FWIW it am very certain I I had it at the end of Januray, as did not most of Hewlit Packard in Bloise.  I had the worst cough of my life that lasted for about a month, with a fever off and on and tested negative for the flu.  It hurt to breath, like sandpaper in my lungs.  They said I had a sinus infection.  I get chronic sinus infections, it was not no +++++ing sinus infection. I still have not fully recovered from whatever it was.

  • Like 1
  • Facepalm 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, NVGiant said:

I don't think Arco would be considered Northern Idaho, though I'll let the mayonnaise lovers answer that. 

That's eastern Idaho, aka Northern Utah.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, NVGiant said:

I don't think Arco would be considered Northern Idaho, though I'll let the mayonnaise lovers answer that. 

Yeah, you are right.  Not sure anyone wants them.  Arco may become a West Berlin situation.  Negotiations will be tough.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, halfmanhalfbronco said:

FWIW it am very certain I I had it at the end of Januray, as did not most of Hewlit Packard in Bloise.  I had the worst cough of my life that last for about a month, with a fever off and on and tested negative for the flu.  I still have not fully recovered from whatever it was.

I've heard a few stories like this. I think it's very likely this has been going around since early January. That would be somewhat good news. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, SleepingGiantFan said:

Agree about everything you've said. And the current situation differs considerably from 1861 in many ways, foremost among them is that there isn't a moral chasm as big as slavery to be considered.

Americans can stop the growing political divide if sufficiently motivated but it's clear from this board that at least some people have no interest in doing so.

That is the problem. Both sides think the other has to compromise and they don't have to give up anything. If only the other side would change we could all get along, lol. 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Del Scorcho said:

this makes no sense.  Are we suspecting that millions of people caught this initially and didn't have severe enough symptoms to be hospitalized back in January?  And just recently it has escalated.

:hookah:

 

2 minutes ago, halfmanhalfbronco said:

FWIW it am very certain I I had it at the end of Januray, as did not most of Hewlit Packard in Bloise.  I had the worst cough of my life that lasted for about a month, with a fever off and on and tested negative for the flu.  It hurt to breath, like sandpaper in my lungs.  They said I had a sinus infection.  I get chronic sinus infections, it was not no +++++ing sinus infection. I still have not fully recovered from whatever it was.

I wonder if bodies can be tested post mortem to see if the virus was already here back in December-January time frame ....? 

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, NVGiant said:

I've heard a few stories like this. I think it's very likely this has been going around since early January. That would be somewhat good news. 

Agreed.  It was super nasty.  I have asthma and have a nebulizer.  I have not had to use the neb in 8 years.  I had to break it out with some 7 year old medicine just to get some temporary relief.  It was brutal.  My fever was not constant, it came and went for a month.  I am positive that is what it was.  The HP campus has well over 4k people working in it, and a few of them travel to and from China, monthly.  At least two people in my building, building 5, made the trip in the last week of November.  

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.




×
×
  • Create New...