bornontheblue

Corona Virus - How bad is it going to be?

Just now, NVGiant said:

That isn't even very believable. I expect a better quality of bullshit from McConnell. 

He knows that anything having to do with climate change will get his team all riled up to blast the Democrats.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, NVGiant said:

That isn't even very believable. I expect a better quality of bullshit from McConnell. 

The base will buy it, so why not?

• Like 3

I'm a desperate man
Send lawyers, guns, and money
The shit has hit the fan

27 minutes ago, mugtang said:

So according to McConnell the Dems are holding this up over the Airlines Carbon Emissions and tax credits for solar panels.

It is probably about more than these items, but why would this kind of thing be in there at all.  A $2 trillion spending bill is scary as hell.  This is the kind of thing the dreams of politicians are made of.  It does not matter what kind of bureaucracy they put around this thing, there is about to be a ton of fraud and waste.

• Like 1

@bornontheblue

Since you care more about idiot buttons than doing your own research, here's an article for you to read:

Running out of federal court vacancies to fill, Senate Republicans have been quietly making overtures to sitting Republican-nominated judges who are eligible to retire to urge them to step aside so they can be replaced while the party still holds the Senate and the White House.

Senator Mitch McConnell, Republican of Kentucky, who has used his position as majority leader to build a judicial confirmation juggernaut for President Trump over the past three years, has been personally reaching out to judges to sound them out on their plans and assure them that they would have a worthy successor if they gave up their seats soon, according to multiple people with knowledge of his actions.

It was not known how many judges were contacted or which of them Mr. McConnell had spoken to directly. One of his Republican colleagues said others had also initiated outreach in an effort to heighten awareness among judges nominated by Presidents Ronald Reagan, George Bush and George W. Bush that making the change now would be advantageous.

The overt effort by Republicans to create vacancies reflects a realization that Mr. Trump could lose the presidency, or that Republicans could lose the Senate majority and deprive Mr. Trump of his partner on judicial confirmations even if he did gain a second term.

https://www.nytimes.com/2020/03/16/us/politics/mcconnell-judges-republicans.html

49 minutes ago, halfmanhalfbronco said:

They were helping the people who need it. 1,200 bucks, twice.  +++++ the petiness of democrats.  

This could be pettiness. I don't dismiss that idea. Or it could be lessons learned from 9-11 and '08. If this is about greater transparency and accountability for those who take funds, then waiting a day or two sounds reasonable. This is a huge bailout. As in twice the size of bailout that sent so many into the streets with tea bags dangling from their heads. If it is about pettiness, and solar panels (it's not), then the Dems should be held accountable.

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, sandiegopete said:

So you support the Republican plan to provide secret payments to select corporations.  That the American public should not be informed of what companies receive government bailouts.  Interesting. 

No more Solyndra’s 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, bornontheblue said:

Conservative radio talk show hosts are always reliable.  Especially when they reference some anonymous source.  

Just get rid of the secrecy and name the corporations getting bailouts.  Why is Cotton against that?

• Like 1
  • Cheers 3

New York is dangerously close to running out of supplies and more needless deaths. 

"I literally want to see hundreds of ventilators. I want to see first hundreds of thousands and millions of masks," de Blasio said. 
"If we don't get ventilators this week, we are going to start losing lives we could have saved."

8 minutes ago, NVGiant said:

This could be pettiness. I don't dismiss that idea. Or it could be lessons learned from 9-11 and '08. If this is about greater transparency and accountability for those who take funds, then waiting a day or two sounds reasonable. This is a huge bailout. As in twice the size of bailout that sent so many into the streets with tea bags dangling from their heads. If it is about pettiness, and solar panels (it's not), then the Dems should be held accountable.

It is amusing to see how the Democratic party pushed the 08 stimulus with the GOP saying that there could be an abuse issue with little recourse for corporations who receive funds, yet now it is the exact opposite, and GOP is being too hasty and the Democrats are citing abuse issues.  

Seems like attitudes change when the pressure is or isn't on you.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, East Coast Aztec said:

It is amusing to see how the Democratic party pushed the 08 stimulus with the GOP saying that there could be an abuse issue with little recourse for corporations who receive funds, yet now it is the exact opposite, and GOP is being too hasty and the Democrats are citing abuse issues.  

Seems like attitudes change when the pressure is or isn't on you.

Hell many in the GOP still complain about Obama’s stimulus.   But I think this is the wrong thread for this discussion.  

While we’re all bitching about the politicians, a friend of mine works at a power plant. If any of them gets the virus, they will all be quarantined on sight, unable to go home. Now, I don’t know how well healthcare can be a provided in that situation, but I damn sure know ventilators don’t work too long when the people keeping the power grid up are having shortness of breath issues.

• Like 3

We’re all sitting in the dugout. Thinking we should pitch. How you gonna throw a shutout when all you do is bitch.