Jump to content
bornontheblue

Corona Virus - How bad is it going to be?

Recommended Posts

28 minutes ago, bornontheblue said:

61AC20EC-9BBB-4AB7-B599-07107A893895.jpeg

Well apparently none of us are doing well on the bottom of the circle 😄

Let’s be honest, this board allows us all to blow off steam and say things we won’t/can’t say in real life.  A good friend of mine is a huge Trumper who told me 2 weeks ago Trump has this under control and tests would be generally available like a week ago.   When you’re worried about your wife dying and no tests are in sight you just want to tell him to shut the +++++ up and stop being an idiot. But it’s not possible unless you want to end that friendship.  So Bob and Soupslam become proxies.   
 

anyway thanks guys for stepping in:cheers: 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Dow Jones Futures hit limit down only 5 minutes after the futures opened tonight.

Currently DJF is down -4.25%.

Markets are spooked about the Senate not passing a stimulus today.

Then, Federal Reserve Bank of St. Louis President James Bullard said today he is forecasting the U.S. unemployment rate to hit 30% and he also expects a 50% decline in GDP.

Also, unemployment numbers will come out on Thursday and of course will be bad.

Markets are likely to open very ugly Monday morning.

  • Sad 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

From Providence, Rhode Island.....

Quote

Dancers at Wonderland, a strip club, were giving lap dances to customers on Saturday, despite being warned against such activity by city officials on Thursday and Friday, Elorza said. Social distancing directives from the city and state recommend that people maintain a distance of at least six feet from each other.

“I can’t think of anything more irresponsible in a time like this,” Elorza said during a news conference held Wednesday outside the Davey Lopes Recreation Center. “We’re not only shutting them down, but there are going to be consequences even after we’re on the other side of this.”

https://www.providencejournal.com/news/20200318/elorza-says-6-businesses-ignored-coronavirus-restrictions

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, retrofade said:

I love how you two are trying to casually bet on who lives and who dies. That's nearly as sad as the whole Best Buy parking lot internet tough guy shtick. 

I'll pass. 

Nah, we’re just trying to figure out a way to get your whiny little bitch ass off this board. 

  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

https://www.latimes.com/science/story/2020-03-22/coronavirus-outbreak-nobel-laureate?_amp=true&__twitter_impression=true
 

Quote

Michael Levitt, a Nobel laureate and Stanford biophysicist, began analyzing the number of COVID-19 cases worldwide in January and correctly calculated that China would get through the worst of its coronavirus outbreak long before many health experts had predicted.

Now he foresees a similar outcome in the United States and the rest of the world.

While many epidemiologists are warning of months, or even years, of massive social disruption and millions of deaths, Levitt says the data simply don’t support such a dire scenario — especially in areas where reasonable social distancing measures are in place.

“What we need is to control the panic,” he said. In the grand scheme, “we’re going to be fine.”

 

  • Like 7
  • Cheers 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 minutes ago, mugtang said:

https://www.latimes.com/science/story/2020-03-22/coronavirus-outbreak-nobel-laureate?_amp=true&__twitter_impression=true
 

Michael Levitt, a Nobel laureate and Stanford biophysicist, began analyzing the number of COVID-19 cases worldwide in January and correctly calculated that China would get through the worst of its coronavirus outbreak long before many health experts had predicted.

Now he foresees a similar outcome in the United States and the rest of the world.

While many epidemiologists are warning of months, or even years, of massive social disruption and millions of deaths, Levitt says the data simply don’t support such a dire scenario — especially in areas where reasonable social distancing measures are in place.

“What we need is to control the panic,” he said. In the grand scheme, “we’re going to be fine.”

This belongs in the good news thread!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, BYUcougfan said:

I am not sure how he wins with you.  If he was not holding press conferences daily, you would be infuriated too.

Not really. 

Pence is doing pretty good at the podium. Fauci seems like an earnest dude. 

  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

18 minutes ago, toonkee said:

Not really. 

Pence is doing pretty good at the podium. Fauci seems like an earnest dude. 

Yah, I agree.  I don't need to see Trump prattling away up there for an hour a day.  Pence and Fauci should be doing those daily updates/briefing/press conferences. 

Trump obviously needs to be seen a lot right now, but he doesn't need to do the daily briefing.  Like today, he could have given a brief statement about the national guard and or legislation,  and taken a question or two, or maybe none.  For Pete sake, he doesn't need to talk/argue with reporters for an hour a day.  What a waste of time.

  • Like 4
  • Cheers 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, CPslograd said:

Yah, I agree.  I don't need to see Trump prattling away up there for an hour a day.  Pence and Fauci should be doing those daily updates/briefing/press conferences. 

Trump obviously needs to be seen a lot right now, but he doesn't need to do the daily briefing.  Like today, he could have given a brief statement about the national guard and or legislation,  and taken a question or two, or maybe none.  For Pete sake, he doesn't need to talk/argue with reporters for an hour a day.  What a waste of time.

Whereas Trump was a disaster, Pence did a good job during the presser. 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

My gf just finished the weekend working in the covid19 area of the ED. They are now going to be forced to make their own masks or have someone else make them due to shortages and hoardings. About 1/3 of the staff had been put on "watchful waiting" quarantine at home due to contacts with infected and if in a week they show no symptoms they come back to work. If they do show symptoms they are then tested. 

For us in the pharmacy though, still no ppe precautions but we are no longer forced to use gloves for dispensing usp800 hazardous drugs to save on supply. We are just doing tons of cleaning and disinfecting but don't have the manpower to do it after every patient. There has been a huge increase in panic buying and stocking on maintenance meds too. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 hours ago, bornontheblue said:

We need to make sure China shuts  down permanently all of those wet markets where many of these outbreaks originate 

I can't imagine them not doing it (chances are a lot of people won't go there anyway), however they do have very little control over some of the rural parts of China.  Some areas are practically their own country.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, bornontheblue said:

Nancy Pelosi is a horrible human being. Schmuck Schumer is as well. Pass the GDamn legislation now!! People need the help! 

For real. Since when were Democrats adverse to free shit? 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, Stealthlobo said:

My gf just finished the weekend working in the covid19 area of the ED. They are now going to be forced to make their own masks or have someone else make them due to shortages and hoardings. About 1/3 of the staff had been put on "watchful waiting" quarantine at home due to contacts with infected and if in a week they show no symptoms they come back to work. If they do show symptoms they are then tested. 

For us in the pharmacy though, still no ppe precautions but we are no longer forced to use gloves for dispensing usp800 hazardous drugs to save on supply. We are just doing tons of cleaning and disinfecting but don't have the manpower to do it after every patient. There has been a huge increase in panic buying and stocking on maintenance meds too. 

My wife has a coveted N95 mask 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.



  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...