bornontheblue

Corona Virus - How bad is it going to be?

15 minutes ago, bornontheblue said:

I propose we settle this like men. There is a Best Buy near my house. You name the time! It will be over quick for you ! 

5 minutes ago, bornontheblue said:

You dunce ! Nowhere close to 6.2 million people will die from this. You want to make a bet on this! Loser has to ban themselves from this board permanently. 

jena irene GIF

3 minutes ago, retrofade said:

jena irene GIF

My bet is still open. If more than 6 million people die in the US I will ban myself permanently, under 6 million you ban yourself permanently. Let’s give it a year? You ready to back up that hysteria? 

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, bornontheblue said:

My bet is still open. If more than 6 million people die in the US I will ban myself permanently, under 6 million you ban yourself permanently. Let’s give it a year? You ready to back up that hysteria? 

hall of fame game missed the point GIF

58 minutes ago, bornontheblue said:

I wish you would get it so that we wouldn’t have to hear from you for a while. 

Wow dude. It’s okay to get irritated and tell someone to +++++ off. But might want to check yourself when saying you want someone to get sick. Take a deep breath. Rub one out. Then tell @retrofade to go hump a sheep. But don’t wish him to get sick. 

• Like 6

bsu_retro_bsu_logo_helmet.b_1.jpg

2 hours ago, BSUTOP25 said:

I had to turn it off. Couldn’t take anymore of the raw sewage that was coming out of that man’s mouth.

He can't hold rallies right now so all of a sudden he's having press conferences instead.

3 minutes ago, retrofade said:

hall of fame game missed the point GIF

5 minutes ago, BSUTOP25 said:

Wow dude. It’s okay to get irritated and tell someone to +++++ off. But might want to check yourself when saying you want someone to get sick. Take a deep breath. Rub one out. Then tell @retrofade to go hump a sheep. But don’t wish him to get sick. 

okay that was probably too much. I hope you don’t get sick @retrofade I apologize. Go have some nice relaxing sex with a sheep instead 

• Like 2

43 minutes ago, UNLV2001 said:

So, Romney, no symptoms but gets tested. Meanwhile my son had a fever, aches and chills for for 5 days, tested negative for flu and still can't get tested for corona. 

I'm not saying Romney shouldn't be tested, but apparently he's better than my kid and my family. F that all the way down.

• Angry 4

I'm going to defend @bornontheblue , @Bob and others a tiny bit here.

Let's all acknowledge that some of the information and hype and news and reaction is in all likelihood, somewhat overboard. Let's face it, this is a massive worldwide story and there's money to be made in clicks and ads and all that.  A huge portion of the media is always sensational.

This situation is probably going to be like pretty much any other, where the truth is somewhere in the middle between the extremes.

• Cheers 1

1 hour ago, bornontheblue said:

Let’s bring this back to reality . The end of the world is not at hand. The overwhelming majority of people who get this recover. Hell, I wish I would get it soon just to get it over with since half  of us will eventually get it anyways. Everybody just needs to calm their tits! We are all going to be just fine! 

And if we all got it at once the hospital systems would be completely overwhelmed and a much higher percentage would die.  New York is already in trouble and canceling surgical residencies to pull people into the ED.   My daughter is a PT in Boston who expects to get redeployed to combat this stuff.  It’s hard hard to overstate how under prepared parts of this country is.

1 minute ago, toonkee said:

I'm going to defend @bornontheblue , @Bob and others a tiny bit here.

Let's all acknowledge that some of the information and hype and news and reaction is in all likelihood, somewhat overboard. Let's face it, this is a massive worldwide story and there's money to be made in clicks and ads and all that.  A huge portion of the media is always sensational.

This situation is probably going to be like pretty much any other, where the truth is somewhere in the middle between the extremes.

I apologize to all I offended , I went to far, and I’m sorry 😐 I definitely belong to the let cooler heads prevail crowd though. Most of us are going to get through this just fine, some of us will get sick, the overwhelming majority of us will recover and get on with life. Keep your social distance, wash your hands, call your mom, and stay the hell away from your grandma! 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, bornontheblue said:

I apologize to all I offended , I went to far, and I’m sorry 😐 I definitely belong to the let cooler heads prevail crowd though. Most of us are going to get through this just fine, some of us will get sick, the overwhelming majority of us will recover and get on with life. Keep your social distance, wash your hands, call your mom, and stay the hell away from your grandma! 

Yes there is no point panicking but keep in mind the percent that need hospitalization.  If that happens too fast we run out of ability to care and the death toll rises significantly.  We are working to build respirators but we could easily be overwhelmed. 

• Like 1