bornontheblue

Corona Virus - How bad is it going to be?

Everybody is going to need a bailout.  Deficits don’t matter anymore. 

• Like 3

thelawlorfaithful, on 31 Dec 2012 - 04:01 AM, said:One of the rules I live by: never underestimate a man in a dandy looking sweater

1 minute ago, East Coast Aztec said:

Not just an impact to Detroit, but South Carolina and Alabama have some large plants as well.  Probably the first gut punch to the south so far.

Besides Florida tourism, of course.

Texas has a really big GM plant as well.

1 minute ago, Broncomare said:

Pendleton has a hospital (as I'm sure you are aware), which is pretty good sized.  But I think Balboa is bigger.  

They have the new one, as well as the infrastructure of the old one on Mainside.  That old one could serve the eastern portion of N. County SD (Fallbrook, Bonsall, Rainbow, Pala)

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, mugtang said:

Everybody is going to need a bailout.  Deficits don’t matter anymore. 

If the world governments get to do that, they should just wipe out personal debt as well... wipe out student loan and medical debts, reset credit scores, all of it. 

• Like 3

9 minutes ago, Billings said:

if you are saying the CDC and government totally screwed up the response?  Then Yes I agree and the FDA is now making it worse

That’s exactly what I’m saying. A few have done better, but pretty much everybody else sucked too. 

We’re all sitting in the dugout. Thinking we should pitch. How you gonna throw a shutout when all you do is bitch.

2 minutes ago, retrofade said:

If the world governments get to do that, they should just wipe out personal debt as well... wipe out student loan and medical debts, reset credit scores, all of it. 

Would that not wipe out investors who have secured some of these?  Quite the bitter pill for those who are financing developments and personal loans on the market.

Just now, East Coast Aztec said:

Would that not wipe out investors who have secured some of these?  Quite the bitter pill for those who are financing developments and personal loans on the market.

I'm not saying that it's necessarily a "good" idea, and it's honestly probably a bad one. But if we're going to bail out every industry why not bail out individuals as well as those in the industries that you mentioned. 

It's probably not even feasible to do, but I'm spitballing here. It's not like my ideas are going to come to fruition anyway. :lol:

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, CPslograd said:

Bud, I love you.  But you got to stop watching the news for a day or two and stop running models through your head.  There are are a lot of ways this could play out, some less bad than others.  Take your kids for a walk, and talk about Tom Brady going to the Patriots or something.

I don’t watch the news. It’s going to be paw patrol or sleeping beauty that drives me insane, but never the news. It’s day 5 and Philly police are basically saying go steal it what you want, it’s not worth it to imprison anyone together until this thing passes. I expect to see more follow suit as the lemmings in office look to not be outdone in an attempt to avoid blame.

• Like 1

We’re all sitting in the dugout. Thinking we should pitch. How you gonna throw a shutout when all you do is bitch.

12 minutes ago, East Coast Aztec said:

Being curious, how long would you believe it would take before you are comfortable with them babysitting at your house?  

It may be interesting to see what the anxiety of this will be moving forward.  Even moreso if the fear now becomes proven to be merited.

Good question, it works the other way toom. She has two young grandkids, when is she going to feel comfortable watching my kids again.  

She is a widow, and financially fairly comfortable I think, she doesn't need my paycheck.  She has a bond with my autistic daughter that I can't replace.  But I understand she has to look out for her family as she feels the need to.

22 minutes ago, thelawlorfaithful said:

I don’t watch the news. It’s going to be paw patrol or sleeping beauty that drives me insane, but never the news. It’s day 5 and Philly police are basically saying go steal it what you want, it’s not worth it to imprison anyone together until this thing passes. I expect to see more follow suit as the lemmings in office look to not be outdone in an attempt to avoid blame.

I blame mother nature for inflicting this virus on us. But she doesn’t listen and we mortal humans can’t control her. She can be a real bitch at times. 

31 minutes ago, soupslam1 said:

I blame mother nature for inflicting this virus on us. But she doesn’t listen and we mortal humans can’t control her. She can be a real bitch at times. 

SEXIST!!!!!!  OMG, sooo S-E-X-I-S-T!!!

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1

bsu_retro_bsu_logo_helmet.b_1.jpg

38 minutes ago, soupslam1 said:

I’m not mad at the virus or Charles Darwin. I hope it dies ingloriously as the summer comes, but it’s not personal, not really. 

• Like 1