bornontheblue

Corona Virus - How bad is it going to be?

3 minutes ago, mysfit said:

What makes you say that?

If this goes on for several months, Aug Trump said, there are a whole lot of people who will be bankrupt.

I don't see things normalizing in this country if it goes on that long. Most people live paycheck to paycheck.

China’s and So. Koreas curves are flattening already. Ill bet we see ours doing the same in 2-3 weeks. 

4 minutes ago, thelawlorfaithful said:

As well as the multi-generational housing, density of population as a whole, heavier reliance on public transit; I’m sure there’s a whole host of other reasons.

Tightly spaces intimate spaces like bars & restaurants too 

There will be parts of the USA like a few rural counties in NV that probably have zero issues with this virus...........tiny populations, with little tourism stops and people that stick close 

4 minutes ago, UNLV2001 said:

Tightly spaces intimate spaces like bars & restaurants too 

There will be parts of the USA like a few rural counties in NV that probably have zero issues with this virus...........tiny populations, with little tourism stops and people that stick close 

maybe. But those same places have almost zero medical support or ICU rooms.  You better stay healthy.  Lander Wyo is far off the beaten path with little tourism this time of year and they have a nursing home with 7 cases now.  Just takes one traveler in those little towns.  Plus they have to go to town for groceries.

weird times

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, UNLV2001 said:

What about the people who live in those weekly motels.  They’re going to be homeless. 

thelawlorfaithful, on 31 Dec 2012 - 04:01 AM, said:One of the rules I live by: never underestimate a man in a dandy looking sweater

1 minute ago, bornontheblue said:

That's if we do nothing

thelawlorfaithful, on 31 Dec 2012 - 04:01 AM, said:One of the rules I live by: never underestimate a man in a dandy looking sweater

1 minute ago, UNLV2001 said:

We know.  He bungled the response and downplayed it.  Let's all move beyond the partisanship and come together as Americans.  We're all in this together and it's going to be rough for everybody.  

• Like 2
  • Cheers 1

1 minute ago, mugtang said:

We know.  He bungled the response and downplayed it.  Let's all move beyond the partisanship and come together as Americans.  We're all in this together and it's going to be rough for everybody.  

Agreed. Judgement on that can wait until November. We have more immediate issues now.

• Like 2

We all know trump never admits error.

I'm far less interested in that issue than I am with what he's going to do now.

I loathe and despise the man but he seems to have grasped the seriousness of this CV pandemuc and has a very competent man running it, Fauci. I'm also pleasantly surprised by Mnuchin. First working with Pelosi and now getting the necessary stimulus package.

• Like 1

One of the Final Five..........

4 minutes ago, mysfit said:

I loathe and despise the man but he seems to have grasped the seriousness of this CV pandemuc and has a very competent man running it, Fauci. I'm also pleasantly surprised by Mnuchin. First working with Pelosi and now getting the necessary stimulus package.

I’ve been impressed with Fauci as well.

bsu_retro_bsu_logo_helmet.b_1.jpg

8 minutes ago, BSUTOP25 said:

I’ve been impressed with Fauci as well.

I'm very impressed with him too.  I really trust what he says.

13 minutes ago, mysfit said:

As I said early Mnuchin is laser focused and he seems to get that this big problem is going to require a colossal solution.  I don't think anything will be the same after this but I can't predict how it ends.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, bsu_alum9 said:

Speaking of traffic, how is it down there?  Lack of cars on the road is eerie here.

Same on surface streets here this afternoon. But yesterday there was a good amount of traffic on the 15.

The most surreal scene is in stores. Making a habit of picking up a couple gallons of water whenever passing by the store, but today it wasn't just the household essentials that were missing. The produce section was 80% bare and the fish and meat counter was empty and closed.

When I asked the manager when they would be restocked, here answer was :shrug:.

No worries tho - we have more small farms than any other county in the country. IMO it may be a few weeks before supply chains have worked through the disruption, but we'll get there.

St-Javelin-Sm.jpgChase.jpg 

1 minute ago, TheSanDiegan said:

Same on surface streets here this afternoon. But yesterday there was a good amount of traffic on the 15.

The most surreal scene is in stores. Making a habit of picking up a couple gallons of water whenever passing by the store, but today it wasn't just the household essentials that were missing. The produce section was 80% bare and the fish and meat counter was empty and closed.

No worries tho - we have more small farms than any other county in the country. IMO it may be a few weeks before supply chains have worked through the disruption, but we'll get there.

The supply chain for essential goods is strong.  Once people stop panic buying we will see most things return to their normal level of stock.

2 minutes ago, TheSanDiegan said:

Hutterite colonies, similar to the amish, and farmers,  brought trucks down to Billings to sell loads of eggs, beef, chicken, and veggies.   

crazy