bornontheblue

Corona Virus - How bad is it going to be?

11 hours ago, Fowl said:

Just the opposite. If she’s a teenager in good health she’d be one with the least likelihood of getting sick and having adverse outcomes.

The issue is travel restrictions and stuff.  You don't want your kid getting stuck in a quarentine center for a month

• Like 1

6 hours ago, RogueStout said:

14 and no health issues.

The Louvre is closed now.  I would not go as I think many attractions will be closed frankly

• Like 2

6 deaths in 87 confirmed cases nationwide. That’s...disconcerting.

China is lying their ass off. 202 new cases, no new deaths.

If I don’t survive this, I want y’all to carry on a Cold War against those commie bastards.

• Cheers 4

We’re all sitting in the dugout. Thinking we should pitch. How you gonna throw a shutout when all you do is bitch.

The healthcare system is going to break under the strain.

Around 20% get sick enough to require hospitalization. That 1 case at UC Davis put 136 healthcare workers out of commission for 2 weeks. 

I don't agree with that previous note about masks. You can still touch your eyes and you will because masks are uncomfortable and sweaty. Skip the masks.

But in terms of where you put your hands and hand sanitizer? Hell yes. Stock up now. It's getting difficult to even find hand sanitizer at the moment.

• Like 1

One of the Final Five..........

17 minutes ago, thelawlorfaithful said:

If I don’t survive this, I want y’all to carry on a Cold War against those commie bastards.

I think we're into the mid 90s but yeah.

There are also likely a large number of cases of the mild from undiagnosed. So still around 2% ish

24 minutes ago, thelawlorfaithful said:

Well, Washington was unfortunate enough to get hit at a nursing home right away. According to the Oregonian, all new deaths were at the same Kirkland nursing home: https://www.oregonlive.com/coronavirus/2020/03/health-officials-announce-4-more-coronavirus-deaths-in-washington.html

• Like 1

I'll say this

I just turned 60 (wtf! I don't feel that old. Except my back) and thanks to this years flu, I developed asthma. I'm taking this very seriously and not going out anymore than I have to for the near future. This virus can spread by stealth, infectious without symptoms or only mild ones. 

Better to be on the safe side. 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, mysfit said:

I'll say this

I just turned 60 (wtf! I don't feel that old. Except my back) and thanks to this years flu, I developed asthma. I'm taking this very seriously and not going out anymore than I have to for the near future. This virus can spread by stealth, infectious without symptoms or only mild ones. 

Better to be on the safe side. 

Be well.

That goes for all of you. We have our disagreements politically but I think we all wish each other the best. This is not a joke, this is not political. Corporations all over the world are putting a halt to their business in some areas, they wouldn’t do this if this wasn’t a serious problem that nobody has answers for.

• Like 5

We’re all sitting in the dugout. Thinking we should pitch. How you gonna throw a shutout when all you do is bitch.

17 minutes ago, thelawlorfaithful said:

Be well.

That goes for all of you. We have our disagreements politically but I think we all wish each other the best. This is not a joke, this is not political. Corporations all over the world are putting a halt to their business in some areas, they wouldn’t do this if this wasn’t a serious problem that nobody has answers for.

Be careful, but don't lose perspective.  Around the world, thousands and thousands and thousands of people die every day from preventable things and we don't even notice.  One death is tragic for the family and friends involved, but but even if there were 1,000 covid-19 deaths around the world per day (not even close), it is nothing in the scheme of things given the 5.5 billion people on the planet.

• Like 3
  • Cheers 2

I’ve had a cold for a couple of days.  Hopefully it’s not the corona virus. :hmmm:

In all seriousness I’m guessing most companies are going to institute telecommuting soon for those that can work from home.  I’m sure within a month I will be working from home for 3-4 weeks. 

thelawlorfaithful, on 31 Dec 2012 - 04:01 AM, said:One of the rules I live by: never underestimate a man in a dandy looking sweater