bornontheblue

Corona Virus - How bad is it going to be?

On 7/7/2022 at 4:07 PM, retrofade said:

A friend of mine in Virginia told me earlier today that he tested positive last night, and two of his subordinate managers have contracted it over the last week, one just got back yesterday. He's double vaccinated, and says that he just feels "off", and the members of his team had "flu-like" symptoms. 

Lots in my circle reinfected including multi-vaxxed. We need 2nd gen and or pan-coronavirus vaxxes:

• Like 1

On 7/7/2022 at 4:39 PM, Stealthlobo said:

My gf caught it last week, Sxs included congestion with minor cough. She's good now. I luckily never caught it, must be my badass immune system.

One one hand, I am not indoors with others for hours everyday of the week -- actually only intermittently and then mostly family.  But, I'm in stores and offices for shorter periods of time and still Covid naive as far as I know.  I keep thinking that being vaxxed 4x now plus four decades of being in close quarters  with virus monger kids and young adults may have provided some cross-reactive T-cell protection?  It seems from a number of readings this exists, but it's not really ever been nailed down well as far as I know.

On 7/7/2022 at 5:07 PM, grandjean87 said:

One one hand, I am not indoors with others for hours everyday of the week -- actually only intermittently and then mostly family.  But, I'm in stores and offices for shorter periods of time and still Covid naive as far as I know.  I keep thinking that being vaxxed 4x now plus four decades of being in close quarters  with virus monger kids and young adults may have provided some cross-reactive T-cell protection?  It seems from a number of readings this exists, but it's not really ever been nailed down well as far as I know.

To be honest, I've stopped following the immunology of covid and it's different strains, but that sounds about right. I doubt you received any t-cell protection though due to it being a part of "specific immunity" a covid was a novel virus, but your non-specific immune responses probably had some added protection.

• Like 1

COVID-19 cases on the rise: What to know about the state of the pandemic.

https://news.yahoo.com/quite-likely-worst-over-know-090131201.html?fr=sycsrp_catchall

No no no covid!

I'm being super careful not to be exposed. Have a total knee replacement scheduled in a month. Scheduling was 2 months out and I don't want to have to go to the back of the line again

Sister in law went to Vegas, brought it back, got my spouse infected and then in turn infected me and the kids. It finally got me. It sucks but it’s almost completely gone just some phlegm and fatigue remaining. Took a while to clear up, maybe 7-10 days.

• Like 2

My 15 year old just got back from summer camp and tested positive today. The day before he was supposed to fly out here. All because some fvcking asshole parent knowingly sent their kid to camp with COVID. I’m so goddamned fvcking pissed off right now. 

• Sad 1

On 7/23/2022 at 12:56 PM, retrofade said:

My 15 year old just got back from summer camp and tested positive today. The day before he was supposed to fly out here. All because some fvcking asshole parent knowingly sent their kid to camp with COVID. I’m so goddamned fvcking pissed off right now. 

you don't know that

On 7/23/2022 at 3:14 PM, AztecAlien said:

This ad came up in this thread. Maybe these are the answers. :shrug: 

Screenshot_20220723-161025_Chrome.jpg.156bc8bc8e850a414cfa6c5c45c5fe74.jpg

My ads are for an $1800 bike, a million dollar home development in Albuquerque, and a Covid-19 study that’s all in Spanish. 

Confused Confusion GIF by Your Happy Workplace

On 7/23/2022 at 5:14 PM, AztecAlien said:

This ad came up in this thread. Maybe these are the answers. :shrug: 

Screenshot_20220723-161025_Chrome.jpg.156bc8bc8e850a414cfa6c5c45c5fe74.jpg

Well...we know what you bought for dinner from Walmart...

On 7/23/2022 at 6:13 PM, RSF said:

Well...we know what you bought for dinner from Walmart...

No Walmart close. However, the science behind Cheetos and Coke may be the cure to everything. 🤔 

+++++ boosters, eat more Cheetos and drink more coke. Problems solved. You heard it here first.