bornontheblue

Corona Virus - How bad is it going to be?

2 hours ago, retrofade said:

I like to hear that... especially since I have three Moderna doses. 

Get ready for a 4th unless you have had Covid. I’m thinking as early as late spring, but probably more like early fall (which would be almost a year out for me).  If Omicron BA.2 is the next wave, the Omicron-specific mRNA vaccines aren’t far off.  We really need to get to the 2nd Gens that target more than the spike protein.  Better yet, but probably still a ways out for the real world is a pan-coronavirus.  

• Haha 1

On 2/22/2022 at 11:23 AM, grandjean87 said:

Get ready for a 4th unless you have had Covid. I’m thinking as early as late spring, but probably more like early fall (which would be almost a year out for me).  If Omicron BA.2 is the next wave, the Omicron-specific mRNA vaccines aren’t far off.  We really need to get to the 2nd Gens that target more than the spike protein.  Better yet, but probably still a ways out for the real world is a pan-coronavirus.  

Oh yeah, I'm fully expecting a fourth one sometime over the summer most likely. But here's to hoping that we get 2nd gens out soon(ish). 

• Cheers 1

On 2/22/2022 at 11:23 AM, grandjean87 said:

I’m hoping so, have a wedding to attend in late April and that would be my 6 month point since the booster.  

Didn’t have any side effects from the first two shots, but the booster made me feel like shit for a day.  

• Cheers 1

1 hour ago, tailingpermit said:

I’m hoping so, have a wedding to attend in late April and that would be my 6 month point since the booster.  

Didn’t have any side effects from the first two shots, but the booster made me feel like shit for a day.  

My 2nd shot appeared to cause a half day of fatigue the day after.  My 3rd dose nothing except the shot site on my lower shoulder was really sore for about three days. 

4th dose would really be the first true booster.  The folks who predicted the close, initial two-dose regiment as likely to wane soon were correct.  It’s likely going to be annual/periodic boosters for anyone who has no convalescent immunity.  As far as I know, I’ve been Covid-free so I’ll just keep tabs on what’s going down. 

• Cheers 1

2 hours ago, retrofade said:

Oh yeah, I'm fully expecting a fourth one sometime over the summer most likely. But here's to hoping that we get 2nd gens out soon(ish). 

I hope some company gets there, soon — yeh.  I do own some $IBRX and likely will keep adding in the single-digits.  Don’t care if another biotech gets there first. 

3 hours ago, grandjean87 said:

Omicron Specific vaccine is expected to be avaiable sometime next month if approved

• Cheers 1

Here's a shocker, Ivermectin failed another COVID-19 treatment test. Wait, you mean the horse dewormer doesn't do anything? I never would have guessed it.

In addition to the fact that it doesn't work, we also see this.

-----

Barnett and colleagues reviewed medical claims from more than 18.5 million adults to assess prescribing practices in counties across the US from January 2019 to December 2020. They then sorted counties into four groups based on their share of Republican votes, with the first quartile having the lowest share of Republican votes and the fourth having the highest

Overall ivermectin prescribing increased 964 percent in December 2020 compared with prepandemic prescription levels in 2019. But those December 2020 prescriptions weren't evenly distributed; the counties with the highest shares of Republican votes had the highest levels of ivermectin prescribing. In fact, the higher the share of Republican votes in a county, the higher the level of ivermectin prescribing.

The authors saw a similar pattern with hydroxychloroquine after the Food and Drug Administration revoked an emergency use authorization for use against COVID-19 in March 2020. Use of the immunosuppressive drug increased in the later half of 2020, with the highest prescribing in counties with the highest shares of Republican votes. Meanwhile, there were no such politically linked trends or changes in prescription levels for the two control drugs, methotrexate and albendazole.

"Our findings are consistent with the hypothesis that US prescribing of hydroxychloroquine and ivermectin during the COVID-19 pandemic may have been influenced by political affiliation," Barnett and his colleagues concluded. The findings add context to the continued use of ivermectin for COVID-19, even as evidence continues to mount finding that the drug is ineffective and potentially dangerous.

https://arstechnica.com/science/2022/02/ivermectin-fails-another-covid-trial-as-study-links-use-to-gop-politics/

6 hours ago, grandjean87 said:

NY Times reporting that new studies show 4th dose is probably not necessary due to T and B cell stimulatory effects after the 3rd dose. It didn't link the original studies but it does seem that the race seems to be for a pan Coronavirus vaccine as you say rather than omicron specific. probably not that far out as several are on human trials.

• Like 2

49 minutes ago, NMpackalum said:

NY Times reporting that new studies show 4th dose is probably not necessary due to T and B cell stimulatory effects after the 3rd dose. It didn't link the original studies but it does seem that the race seems to be for a pan Coronavirus vaccine as you say rather than omicron specific. probably not that far out as several are on human trials.

Yeh. That’s why I’ll probably wait until fall. Part of me wishes when I had a recent infection it had been a mild case of Omicron. 

Also, it appears if your ABs have not waned and are still at higher levels, the boost isn’t as great. I haven’t read the link yet, but that’s what I got from the post:

1 hour ago, grandjean87 said:

Yeh. That’s why I’ll probably wait until fall. Part of me wishes when I had a recent infection it had been a mild case of Omicron. 

Also, it appears if your ABs have not waned and are still at higher levels, the boost isn’t as great. I haven’t read the link yet, but that’s what I got from the post:

I had my two doses last year. No booster followup ( told myself after the 2 no more). Got covid a couple weeks ago....my question is- if I was inclined to get another jab, would I not be able to because of my recent positive test?

On 2/22/2022 at 2:33 PM, NMpackalum said:

I also scanned some articles showing that preliminary results are showing that some omicron specific boosters aren’t much more effective than 4th shots of the original brew. But I think those are just animal trials, so it might very well be different in humans. But as it stands, I don’t think boosted people or those with hybrid immunity should be stressing over the approval of a fourth shot, seems like we are in pretty good shape. 

On 2/22/2022 at 6:22 PM, DestinFlPackfan said:

I had my two doses last year. No booster followup ( told myself after the 2 no more). Got covid a couple weeks ago....my question is- if I was inclined to get another jab, would I not be able to because of my recent positive test?

As long as it's 5 days from your positive covid test (asymptomatic) or 5 days after your fever has broke, then you are eligible to leave isolation and receive your booster shot.

• Thanks 1
  • Cheers 1

12 minutes ago, DestinFlPackfan said:

You can get your 3rd dose soon if you want, but the data I’ve seen on hybrid immunity (prior infection plus vaccination) indicates you should be good for quite awhile.  But, sh!t changes so stay tuned. 

• Like 1

On 2/22/2022 at 8:32 AM, grandjean87 said:

My 2nd shot appeared to cause a half day of fatigue the day after.  My 3rd dose nothing except the shot site on my lower shoulder was really sore for about three days. 

4th dose would really be the first true booster.  The folks who predicted the close, initial two-dose regiment as likely to wane soon were correct.  It’s likely going to be annual/periodic boosters for anyone who has no convalescent immunity.  As far as I know, I’ve been Covid-free so I’ll just keep tabs on what’s going down. 

I have had a 4th shot of Pfizer already.  5 months after my 3rd shot.  I am on a TNF drug so technically immune compromised, even though those drugs do not increase covid risks.  It was the roughest for me although even then a sore arm and a bit lightheaded and nausea for an hour or so.     MY wife has been diagnosed with Covid and I am still testing negative after a couple of weeks........knock on wood

• Cheers 1

34 minutes ago, Billings said:

I have had a 4th shot of Pfizer already.  5 months after my 3rd shot.  I am on a TNF drug so technically immune compromised, even though those drugs do not increase covid risks.  It was the roughest for me although even then a sore arm and a bit lightheaded and nausea for an hour or so.     MY wife has been diagnosed with Covid and I am still testing negative after a couple of weeks........knock on wood

My retired wrestling coach cousin got home today after 9-10 weeks in hospital/rehab.  Tough guy, but multiple pneumonias have him on 02 even at rest, now.  Hoping that gets better even if never back to before. 

"guessing".

Which is an improvement on 'internet bullshitting'.

In the beginning the Universe was created.
This has made a lot of people very angry and been widely regarded as a bad move.

On 2/23/2022 at 2:24 PM, Bob said:

as opposed to what? Unvaxxed is probably somewhere in the realm of 99.0% I/m guessing

Depending on the variant, you could be 10-30 times less likely to be hospitalized or die if you are vaccinated.  What more motivation do people need?  The bigger the studies, the more proof is out there to get vaccinated.  

• Like 1