bornontheblue

Corona Virus - How bad is it going to be?

On 6/15/2022 at 11:16 AM, SharkTanked said:

Good news... in 700 years we may find out the actual cause of Covid...

https://news.yahoo.com/ancient-dna-solves-mystery-over-150401831.html

Ancient DNA solves mystery over origin of medieval Black Death

Ancient DNA from bubonic plague victims buried in cemeteries on the old Silk Road trade route in Central Asia has helped solve an enduring mystery, pinpointing an area in northern Kyrgyzstan as the launching point for the Black Death that killed tens of millions of people in the mid-14th century.

Researchers said on Wednesday they retrieved ancient DNA traces of the Yersinia pestis plague bacterium from the teeth of three women buried in a medieval Nestorian Christian community in the Chu Valley near Lake Issyk Kul in the foothills of the Tian Shan mountains who perished in 1338-1339. The earliest deaths documented elsewhere in the pandemic were in 1346.

Kyrgyzstan is asshoe.

• Haha 1

St-Javelin-Sm.jpgChase.jpg 

On 7/7/2022 at 3:35 PM, retrofade said:

Hospitalizations are up to around 40k in the U.S.  It’s not like prior peaks (yet), but could approach the numbers of the earlier, lower peaks.  It just doesn’t feel as bad yet, but numbers are going up in SW Idaho.  

I’m in the 27%. I went 7 months from # 3 to # 4.  I’ll be watching.  There’s also an even more evasive variant rumbling in India. 

On 7/7/2022 at 5:55 PM, grandjean87 said:

Hospitalizations are up to around 40k in the U.S.  It’s not like prior peaks (yet), but could approach the numbers of the earlier, lower peaks.  It just doesn’t feel as bad yet, but numbers are going up in SW Idaho.  

I’m in the 27%. I went 7 months from # 3 to # 4.  I’ll be watching.  There’s also an even more evasive variant rumbling in India. 

A friend of mine in Virginia told me earlier today that he tested positive last night, and two of his subordinate managers have contracted it over the last week, one just got back yesterday. He's double vaccinated, and says that he just feels "off", and the members of his team had "flu-like" symptoms. 

On 7/7/2022 at 4:07 PM, retrofade said:

A friend of mine in Virginia told me earlier today that he tested positive last night, and two of his subordinate managers have contracted it over the last week, one just got back yesterday. He's double vaccinated, and says that he just feels "off", and the members of his team had "flu-like" symptoms. 

Lots in my circle reinfected including multi-vaxxed. We need 2nd gen and or pan-coronavirus vaxxes:

• Like 1

On 7/7/2022 at 4:39 PM, Stealthlobo said:

My gf caught it last week, Sxs included congestion with minor cough. She's good now. I luckily never caught it, must be my badass immune system.

One one hand, I am not indoors with others for hours everyday of the week -- actually only intermittently and then mostly family.  But, I'm in stores and offices for shorter periods of time and still Covid naive as far as I know.  I keep thinking that being vaxxed 4x now plus four decades of being in close quarters  with virus monger kids and young adults may have provided some cross-reactive T-cell protection?  It seems from a number of readings this exists, but it's not really ever been nailed down well as far as I know.

On 7/7/2022 at 5:07 PM, grandjean87 said:

One one hand, I am not indoors with others for hours everyday of the week -- actually only intermittently and then mostly family.  But, I'm in stores and offices for shorter periods of time and still Covid naive as far as I know.  I keep thinking that being vaxxed 4x now plus four decades of being in close quarters  with virus monger kids and young adults may have provided some cross-reactive T-cell protection?  It seems from a number of readings this exists, but it's not really ever been nailed down well as far as I know.

To be honest, I've stopped following the immunology of covid and it's different strains, but that sounds about right. I doubt you received any t-cell protection though due to it being a part of "specific immunity" a covid was a novel virus, but your non-specific immune responses probably had some added protection.

• Like 1

COVID-19 cases on the rise: What to know about the state of the pandemic.

https://news.yahoo.com/quite-likely-worst-over-know-090131201.html?fr=sycsrp_catchall

just got my 2nd Moderna booster.

My cell phone has never sounded better...

• Haha 1

In the beginning the Universe was created.
This has made a lot of people very angry and been widely regarded as a bad move.

No no no covid!

I'm being super careful not to be exposed. Have a total knee replacement scheduled in a month. Scheduling was 2 months out and I don't want to have to go to the back of the line again

One of the Final Five..........

Sister in law went to Vegas, brought it back, got my spouse infected and then in turn infected me and the kids. It finally got me. It sucks but it’s almost completely gone just some phlegm and fatigue remaining. Took a while to clear up, maybe 7-10 days.

• Like 2

My 15 year old just got back from summer camp and tested positive today. The day before he was supposed to fly out here. All because some fvcking asshole parent knowingly sent their kid to camp with COVID. I’m so goddamned fvcking pissed off right now. 

• Sad 1

On 7/23/2022 at 12:56 PM, retrofade said:

My 15 year old just got back from summer camp and tested positive today. The day before he was supposed to fly out here. All because some fvcking asshole parent knowingly sent their kid to camp with COVID. I’m so goddamned fvcking pissed off right now. 

you don't know that