bornontheblue

Corona Virus - How bad is it going to be?

Novavax awaiting FDA review of its CMC (chemistry, manufacturing, controls).  No timeline, but should be soon i would think.  CDC then signs off, but sometime soon another vax will be available.  I think it will get some of the hesitant to vax, but maybe more to get boosted.  The protein subunit platform may be accepted by both categories of never vaxxed and under-boosted.  It's not that people really get the mechanisms, but knowing Novavax uses a long used platform can't hurt.  Maybe Fox News will promote it as the trump vaccine?

https://endpts.com/unlike-1-day-vrbpac-to-eua-timeline-of-peers-novavaxs-covid-19-jab-awaits-fda-review-of-recent-manufacturing-data/

• Like 1

On 6/9/2022 at 10:44 AM, grandjean87 said:

Novavax awaiting FDA review of its CMC (chemistry, manufacturing, controls).  No timeline, but should be soon i would think.  CDC then signs off, but sometime soon another vax will be available.  I think it will get some of the hesitant to vax, but maybe more to get boosted.  The protein subunit platform may be accepted by both categories of never vaxxed and under-boosted.  It's not that people really get the mechanisms, but knowing Novavax uses a long used platform can't hurt.  Maybe Fox News will promote it as the trump vaccine?

https://endpts.com/unlike-1-day-vrbpac-to-eua-timeline-of-peers-novavaxs-covid-19-jab-awaits-fda-review-of-recent-manufacturing-data/

Yeah, promote it as the "Trump" vaccine using the same "technology" of the vaccines from the good old days when you were a kid and got a sucker from the nurse afterwards.

On 6/9/2022 at 10:48 AM, halfmanhalfbronco said:

Yeah, promote it as the "Trump" vaccine using the same "technology" of the vaccines from the good old days when you were a kid and got a sucker from the nurse afterwards.

I got my #4 two mornings back. Did Moderna this time.  They wouldn’t give it to me in my tush.  Sore arm and some fatigue through yesterday.  Better today.  

• Haha 1

On 6/9/2022 at 12:48 PM, halfmanhalfbronco said:

member berries. the only way to get the olds to do stuff. 

• Cheers 1

Remember that every argument you have with someone on MWCboard is actually the continuation of a different argument they had with someone else also on MWCboard. 

On 6/9/2022 at 1:52 PM, SharkTanked said:

Had 3 employees test positive in the last week. It's heating back up for sure.

Vegas area numbers are on the rise again

Clark County has reached a high community level for COVID-19, and the Southern Nevada Health District is recommending people wear masks in public indoor places and stay up to date on their vaccines.

“Unfortunately, the COVID-19 pandemic is not behind us yet,” said Dr. Fermin Leguen, health officer for the district.

The wife just tested positive late yesterday afternoon........has bit of a cough, aches & generally not feeling good as of this morning 

I tested last night around 7 pm & came up negative.......we are trying to separate, but it's 100% impossible 

Both vaccinated & thru the two boosters, so by all accounts this should be beatable without any major concerns 

My situation is just sitting around the house waiting for some symptoms to pop up - Have to figure i'm going to get it with the close proximity even with the attempted separation 

Good news... in 700 years we may find out the actual cause of Covid...

https://news.yahoo.com/ancient-dna-solves-mystery-over-150401831.html

Ancient DNA solves mystery over origin of medieval Black Death

Ancient DNA from bubonic plague victims buried in cemeteries on the old Silk Road trade route in Central Asia has helped solve an enduring mystery, pinpointing an area in northern Kyrgyzstan as the launching point for the Black Death that killed tens of millions of people in the mid-14th century.

Researchers said on Wednesday they retrieved ancient DNA traces of the Yersinia pestis plague bacterium from the teeth of three women buried in a medieval Nestorian Christian community in the Chu Valley near Lake Issyk Kul in the foothills of the Tian Shan mountains who perished in 1338-1339. The earliest deaths documented elsewhere in the pandemic were in 1346.

• Like 2

On 6/11/2022 at 10:37 AM, UNLV2001 said:

Vegas area numbers are on the rise again

Clark County has reached a high community level for COVID-19, and the Southern Nevada Health District is recommending people wear masks in public indoor places and stay up to date on their vaccines.

“Unfortunately, the COVID-19 pandemic is not behind us yet,” said Dr. Fermin Leguen, health officer for the district.

The wife just tested positive late yesterday afternoon........has bit of a cough, aches & generally not feeling good as of this morning 

I tested last night around 7 pm & came up negative.......we are trying to separate, but it's 100% impossible 

Both vaccinated & thru the two boosters, so by all accounts this should be beatable without any major concerns 

My situation is just sitting around the house waiting for some symptoms to pop up - Have to figure i'm going to get it with the close proximity even with the attempted separation 

Now almost noon Wednesday & I'm no showing symptoms & feeling fine, wife is on the mend -- How I avoided it is strange.

Southern Nevada Health District recommending masks in public places - which at this point will be 80% ignored 

My 14 yo son tested positive on Saturday. He has had high fever ( came down with Tylenol ) and felt super crappy the past two days. He was vaccinated, and generally careful, but attended a basketball camp over the past week where I believe he contracted it.

I'm a desperate man
Send lawyers, guns, and money
The shit has hit the fan

On 6/22/2022 at 8:55 AM, bornontheblue said:

My wife got COVID last week and had very mild symptoms. I never got it for some weird reason, or was asymptomatic 

We’re both Covid naive as far as we know and got vax #4 a couple weeks back.  My sister had her second bout recently.   Miserable w/fever for one night, lingered another day then better.  Fine now.  Some evidence 4/5 might hit lower respiratory tract harder than the first three Omicrons.

If data holds, good news especially w/reinfections having increased adverse effects: 

• Like 1