bornontheblue

Corona Virus - How bad is it going to be?

5 minutes ago, thelawlorfaithful said:

Looks like my my time has come. I have commenced a heavy regimen of horse tranquilizers. If my takes seem unusually strange in the next few days, just remember I was a pretty weird guy before Covid brain.

You'll be fine. The gates 5G service will only be fussy for s day or so. 

Also, should someone post a poll on who has and who hasn't had covid yet? And can we change our results once getting it? It be interested in tracking the board's hard immunity. 

• Like 1

Planning is an exercise of power, and in a modern state much real power is suffused with boredom. The agents of planning are usually boring; the planning process is boring; the implementation of plans is always boring. In a democracy boredom works for bureaucracies and corporations as smell works for skunk. It keeps danger away. Power does not have to be exercised behind the scenes. It can be open. The audience is asleep. The modern world is forged amidst our inattention.

1 hour ago, AztecAlien said:

I only lean slightly right. It's the radicals on both sides that are f***ing this country up. Also, I don't think Maher had his current political stances/opinions just a couple of years ago. Well, at least it didn't seem like it. 

And are you ok with Bill's recent harsh criticism of this current administration? It's an honest question.   

ya he did...lol dudes been consistent for years...lol

u just agree with him now that hes antagonistic of people you approve of...lol

21 minutes ago, thelawlorfaithful said:

Looks like my my time has come. I have commenced a heavy regimen of horse tranquilizers. If my takes seem unusually strange in the next few days, just remember I was a pretty weird guy before Covid brain.

Ketomine is not Ivermectin, but you made the right choice:).  I hope this all goes well for you as it does for most. Dealing with this in-family now. 

Take care, gentleman. Wish you the best.  

• Cheers 2

1 hour ago, grandjean87 said:

It looks like you conflated the CDC with the FDA.  Two different entities and roles.  If not, at least it wasn’t clear. 

The biggest structural issue, beyond the politics beginning with TFG, is that we were not set up to deal with a novel virus pandemic.  The CDC is designed to take research and data and comport it retrospectively.  We need a real-time data and analysis control center. We don’t have one. The CDC got labeled as such by default despite its huge deficits in that area.  There’s more.

In Idaho, life is not much different than before the pandemic even though we just hit crisis of care standards again.  Schools mostly open and where they aren’t it’s because of so many sick kids and staff and not enough subs.  The bars are open. The sexy clothes and “accessories” shops never closed just like the grocery stores. What’s left here to not be normal? 

Yeah you’d never know Covid exists in Boise.. The only reason I do is because the kids have to wear masks at school, but other than that everything is exactly as it was before except for the occasional fast food place closed for the day. Because of staffing issues.

42 minutes ago, thelawlorfaithful said:

Here’s to a speedy recovery. My prediction is you’ll start feeling better before the Bengals punch their ticket to the Super Bowl. 

• Cheers 1

10 minutes ago, IanforHeisman said:

Yeah you’d never know Covid exists in Boise.. The only reason I do is because the kids have to wear masks at school, but other than that everything is exactly as it was before except for the occasional fast food place closed for the day. Because of staffing issues.

It’s a big country. Different in many places. Out here in Meridian and places west, no mask mandates.  But, life goes on as normal here except for some folks who post here that had to travel out of state with a family member because of hospital bed space.  FFS. 

13 minutes ago, Bob said:

Lol what do you think triggered means?

Your reaction to masks is about as textbook as you can get. Did of the dudes from the band Clinic bang your girlfriend or something?

Planning is an exercise of power, and in a modern state much real power is suffused with boredom. The agents of planning are usually boring; the planning process is boring; the implementation of plans is always boring. In a democracy boredom works for bureaucracies and corporations as smell works for skunk. It keeps danger away. Power does not have to be exercised behind the scenes. It can be open. The audience is asleep. The modern world is forged amidst our inattention.

56 minutes ago, Los_Aztecas said:

Hope it is not bad enough to get the brain fog. My wife and dad both had [have] the brain fog and it is brutal. They couldn't [cannot] complete even simple tasks. They got [get] confused during tasks and forgot[forget] what they were [are] doing.

Feel pretty foggy, but so far it’s nothing unlike a sinus infection/headache

• Like 3

We’re all sitting in the dugout. Thinking we should pitch. How you gonna throw a shutout when all you do is bitch.

58 minutes ago, smltwnrckr said:

Also, should someone post a poll on who has and who hasn't had covid yet? And can we change our results once getting it? It be interested in tracking the board's hard immunity. 

If it comes with a new U2 album already downloaded into my brain I’m going full Q.

• Haha 2

We’re all sitting in the dugout. Thinking we should pitch. How you gonna throw a shutout when all you do is bitch.

22 minutes ago, SalinasSpartan said:

Here’s to a speedy recovery. My prediction is you’ll start feeling better before the Bengals punch their ticket to the Super Bowl. 

If that’s the case I’m gonna milk it so I can watch the in peace and quiet.

• Cheers 1

7 minutes ago, thelawlorfaithful said:

If it comes with a new U2 album already downloaded into my brain I’m going full Q.

It's a Bill Gates joint. So itll be whatever album was on the first Zune. 

• Angry 1

43 minutes ago, thelawlorfaithful said:

Feel pretty foggy, but so far it’s nothing unlike a sinus infection/headache

Load up on the vitamin C, D and some Zinc. Don't take too much Zinc though. Cut a 50mg in half. And force the water down. Get Well!! Go Bungholes!! 😀 

• Cheers 1

1 hour ago, AztecAlien said:

Jeebus...lol. This makes absolutely no sense...lol. But ok...lol. 

do u speak english...lol

u like maher now b/c he shits on people you also shit on. when he was shitting on yer boy trump...he was an asshole...lol now hes a 'voice of reason'...and 'changed his tune'...lol

1 hour ago, IanforHeisman said:

Yeah, Boise moved on months ago. 

1 hour ago, SAMO said:

do u speak english...lol

u like maher now b/c he shits on people you also shit on. when he was shitting on yer boy trump...he was an asshole...lol now hes a 'voice of reason'...and 'changed his tune'...lol

I speak, read and write English just fine Mr. overuse of ellipsis and lol guy...lol. And you're probably the last person who should be criticizing someone's ability to speak or read English...lol. Also, this is entirely different English than your other post...lol. I stated that I am in agreement with SOME of the things Maher is saying...lol. Nevertheless, I only bash people who deserve it regardless of their political preference or affiliation...lol. Now buzz off...lol.  

1 hour ago, SAMO said:

do u speak english...lol

Do you write English?

• Cheers 1

Thay Haif Said: Quhat Say Thay? Lat Thame Say

5 hours ago, Los_Aztecas said:

Hope it is not bad enough to get the brain fog. My wife and dad both had [have] the brain fog and it is brutal. They couldn't [cannot] complete even simple tasks. They got [get] confused during tasks and forgot[forget] what they were [are] doing.

One of the supervisors at work who tested positive for Covid has been suffering from that, but it has been getting better in the last two weeks.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, smltwnrckr said:

Thing is now, some of us may have caught it and never known either by now as well.

6 hours ago, thelawlorfaithful said:

Get well soon, and just remember this advice, if you think you see a dancing bronco go by DO NOT pick up something to hit it.