bornontheblue

Corona Virus - How bad is it going to be?

https://apple.news/Adth6Xb8SQ7GFAp-MfnEKVw

this is over for most working Americans now. They aren’t getting tested and are just working thru it like it was 2019. See above. Blue collar workers abandoned by the Democrats years ago say the show must go on. 

The Democrats are so out of touch of the needs of the working man marking 15 to 45 an hour in this country. I think they have given up even trying to get those votes.

Instead they go for women and Whimps votes. They own the highly educated and high earning snob vote as well. 

The Masters 5k road race All American.

It's the party of local control and federalism, amirite?

Salt Lake Tribune: House leaders bullied two Salt Lake County Council Republicans to change their votes on the COVID mask mandate. They didn't budge..
https://www.sltrib.com/news/health/2022/01/21/house-leaders-leaned-hard/

Planning is an exercise of power, and in a modern state much real power is suffused with boredom. The agents of planning are usually boring; the planning process is boring; the implementation of plans is always boring. In a democracy boredom works for bureaucracies and corporations as smell works for skunk. It keeps danger away. Power does not have to be exercised behind the scenes. It can be open. The audience is asleep. The modern world is forged amidst our inattention.

14 hours ago, robe said:

https://apple.news/Adth6Xb8SQ7GFAp-MfnEKVw

this is over for most working Americans now. They aren’t getting tested and are just working thru it like it was 2019. See above. Blue collar workers abandoned by the Democrats years ago say the show must go on. 

The Democrats are so out of touch of the needs of the working man marking 15 to 45 an hour in this country. I think they have given up even trying to get those votes.

Instead they go for women and Whimps votes. They own the highly educated and high earning snob vote as well. 

That article is literally an argument for paid sick leave laws through the federal government.

Dude, put down the mescalin. You're not on planet reality. 

• Like 2

Planning is an exercise of power, and in a modern state much real power is suffused with boredom. The agents of planning are usually boring; the planning process is boring; the implementation of plans is always boring. In a democracy boredom works for bureaucracies and corporations as smell works for skunk. It keeps danger away. Power does not have to be exercised behind the scenes. It can be open. The audience is asleep. The modern world is forged amidst our inattention.

2 hours ago, smltwnrckr said:

That article is literally an argument for paid sick leave laws through the federal government.

Dude, put down the mescalin. You're not on planet reality. 

@robejust doesn’t get out much from under that bridge. 

• Haha 2

Thay Haif Said: Quhat Say Thay? Lat Thame Say

6 minutes ago, Old_SD_Dude said:

@robejust doesn’t get out much from under that bridge. 

I mean if he wants to make an argument for covid restrictions hurting working class people, there's and endless sea of articles that do that. He happened to find one of the ones that does the opposite and argues for more covid government intervention.  

Maybe the wifi isnt very good under that bridge?

18 minutes ago, smltwnrckr said:

I mean if he wants to make an argument for covid restrictions hurting working class people, there's and endless sea of articles that do that. He happened to find one of the ones that does the opposite and argues for more covid government intervention.  

Maybe the wifi isnt very good under that bridge?

The light’s pretty dim under there…

• Haha 1

Thay Haif Said: Quhat Say Thay? Lat Thame Say

Weird little wrinkle that I just tested positive with a rapid test last night more than 5 days after my mild symptoms which only lasted a couple days abated (all but a stuffy head at least). Just kind of did it on a lark, since I tested multiple times (both lab test and multiple at home rapid tests) including in that short period when I had a brief fever and all came back negative while everyone else in household tested positive. 

I'm not changing anything, since I clearly had a mild case last weekend, and will move forward accordingly. Just weird how the testing panned out. 

23 minutes ago, smltwnrckr said:

Weird little wrinkle that I just tested positive with a rapid test last night more than 5 days after my mild symptoms which only lasted a couple days abated (all but a stuffy head at least). Just kind of did it on a lark, since I tested multiple times (both lab test and multiple at home rapid tests) including in that short period when I had a brief fever and all came back negative while everyone else in household tested positive. 

I'm not changing anything, since I clearly had a mild case last weekend, and will move forward accordingly. Just weird how the testing panned out. 

One is going to test positive for about ten days in most cases.

14 minutes ago, toonkee said:

One is going to test positive for about ten days in most cases.

The weird thing tho is that I tested negative multiple times - the morning of the day I got symptoms hut was still asymptomatic at that time, and also the next evening when I did have the mild symptoms and then once more. One was a spit test at a lab, two were at home rapid tests. My wife took thebsame tests and was positive. So me Being positive a week after symptoms is weird.

59 minutes ago, smltwnrckr said:

The weird thing tho is that I tested negative multiple times - the morning of the day I got symptoms hut was still asymptomatic at that time, and also the next evening when I did have the mild symptoms and then once more. One was a spit test at a lab, two were at home rapid tests. My wife took thebsame tests and was positive. So me Being positive a week after symptoms is weird.

Go figure...

I test negative but still have some minor symptoms. Apparently, the home tests are good indicators of whether you are contagious or not, so I guess that's the best/most reasonable thing we can do to navigate this. 

20 hours ago, smltwnrckr said:

Strange. My kid tested negative three times last week, once a PCR and twice an at-home test. I tested, too. Negative as well. No reason to believe those tests were wrong, but I would’ve bet anything she had it considering her symptoms. Your experience makes me wonder.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, HR_Poke said:

Cdc disagrees with him

The CDC is being overly cautious as expected. If they undershoot with recommendations and are wrong, they look really bad. Locally, my gf and I have not known one VACCINATED pt with high morbidity from covid. Most patients have symptoms similar to the common cold, less than your average influenza experience.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, HR_Poke said:

Cdc disagrees with him

Cdc has been issuing ridiculously overly cautious guidelines for a generation before covid. No one ever listened to them before.

I'm not on the 'CDC is NAZIs!' Bandwagon, but have been critical of public health approaches to all sorts of things. The CDC will declare the pandemic 'over' as much as a year after no one cares anymore I bet. 

Tho I've been wrong about this before. 

21 minutes ago, Stealthlobo said:

The CDC is being overly cautious as expected. If they undershoot with recommendations and are wrong, they look really bad. Locally, my gf and I have not known one VACCINATED pt with high morbidity from covid. Most patients have symptoms similar to the common cold, less than your average influenza experience.

That's been my household experience. The last coiple.colds I've had have knocked me down worse than this covid case, as a vaxxed and boosted 30-something.

We'd have all been back doing stuff like normal about a week ago had this not come with a positive covid test.

35 minutes ago, Stealthlobo said:

15 minutes ago, smltwnrckr said:

Cdc has been issuing ridiculously overly cautious guidelines for a generation before covid. No one ever listened to them before.

I'm not on the 'CDC is NAZIs!' Bandwagon, but have been critical of public health approaches to all sorts of things. The CDC will declare the pandemic 'over' as much as a year after no one cares anymore I bet. 

Tho I've been wrong about this before. 

I get that, but they are stating it will be years before we get to the endemic stage. Fauci is telling everyone we are in stage 1 still and endemic infection is stage 5.  It's like they don't want any of this to go away...

• Like 2