bornontheblue

Corona Virus - How bad is it going to be?

28 minutes ago, thelawlorfaithful said:

Being 7th pisses me off but I made a lot of promises to God this afternoon so I’ll let it slide.

Cry me a river...Im in others receiving votes...

• Like 2
  • Cheers 2
  • Haha 5

In the beginning the Universe was created.
This has made a lot of people very angry and been widely regarded as a bad move.

On 1/14/2022 at 11:07 AM, smltwnrckr said:

I still remember the first fall semester after my kid started daycare. It was like a civil war hospital at my house for 2 and a half months. Someone was always sick. Often, everyone was sick. It was nuts.

On 1/14/2022 at 11:12 AM, HR_Poke said:

Yeah I was the same way when my eldest started daycare.  Once a month we were both sick with something....  Thankfully when the second one came around my immune response was much better.  She got sick but no one else did. 

We had our oldest in pre-school just for the socialization. Didn't need the day care.  We pulled him out after a couple months because the whole family was sick all the time.   

8 hours ago, happycamper said:

Convert,  when someone reveals sensitive information about their life while grieving the loss of a loved one to a cult, immediately chiming in with "lol with a messed up family" is being a piece of shit. 

"Teaching boomers basics of living in society like don't mock people's family issues within 5 minutes" yes,  great gig. 

That’s not what happened, and certainly not in context. You can also be pretty disingenuous and dishonest the way you attempt to debate with people. I’ll paste in the actual posts tomorrow, and anyone that gives a shit can decide for themselves. 

• Haha 1

kat.jpg

5 hours ago, FresnoFacts said:

At the Trump rally in Arizona tonight, there is a new chant.

Fvck Trump.

He has no idea that he’ll be lucky if he finishes 3rd in the primaries. Haley and Desantis will finish ahead of him. When the GOP are given other options that they see can win, Trump is toast. He has no women or indy vote right now, and maybe 60% white male which is horrible. 

• Like 1

kat.jpg

20 minutes ago, Nevada Convert said:

Fvck Trump.

He has no idea that he’ll be lucky if he finishes 3rd in the primaries. Haley and Desantis will finish ahead of him. When the GOP are given other options that they see can win, Trump is toast. He has no women or indy vote right now, and maybe 60% white male which is horrible. 

If Trump runs, he will be the Republican nominee. It’s that simple.

• Like 4
  • Downvote 1

14 hours ago, grandjean87 said:

Yeh, unfortunately too much of the country isn’t there or quite close yet. 

One Europe started before us and they did see a rise but also, even their scientists there have said the more people you have the more are going to test positive so you are going to have a bigger part of that possible in the hospital however with admissions that is kind of a odd number because the people admitted has been running a bit higher than people in the hospital, but also even though they have platued there are still cases there.

However, he is incorrect in a few things as well. 63% of people are fully vaccinated and 75% of people have recieved at least one dose. CDC DOES NOT include people who got boosters in those numbers.  People that are getting boosters are counted different with CDC

8 hours ago, Stealthlobo said:

Being a mod sounds shitty. It's doing work without being paid...

It really can be and other times not. And choosing mods is also very difficult as well because you have to pick the right ones or when picking if you have a specific role for them let them know. There are good and bad days when modding as well, but when things are running smoothly you can sit back and say ok maybe did some good.

But there are also many times issues behind the scenes people don't see either because sometimes you are also dealing with something above you while trying to protect where you mod or who you mod as well.

8 hours ago, wolfpack1 said:

One Europe started before us and they did see a rise but also, even their scientists there have said the more people you have the more are going to test positive so you are going to have a bigger part of that possible in the hospital however with admissions that is kind of a odd number because the people admitted has been running a bit higher than people in the hospital, but also even though they have platued there are still cases there.

However, he is incorrect in a few things as well. 63% of people are fully vaccinated and 75% of people have recieved at least one dose. CDC DOES NOT include people who got boosters in those numbers.  People that are getting boosters are counted different with CDC

62% and 63 % are that far apart?  

A few states are now showing a short dip from the peak, but there’s still a lot of other states.  That 63% 2-doses stat is really a factor just as the low 3rd dosed is.  Flip them to not fully vaxxed w/the waning factors and compare it to various Euros and our rates are a lot worse.  Add in health factors of populations, behaviors, living patterns, etc.  It’s going to get worse for awhile on the macro level here.

Figured I would share our experiences with this virus.  Hoping it might help some folks in regards to reducing some anxiety.  Sorry if it is a bit lengthy.

Since the beginning of the pandemic, have been very careful.  I am a large man in my 40's, 6'4" and 300lbs, and I have high blood pressure.  Have always been a big guy, played football and basketball in high school.  Anyway, the messaging from the beginning is that guys like me were in the higher risk category, so I was appropriately vigilant.  Got my vaccine at the first opportunity when eligible (March 2021, ended up with Pfizer).  Got my booster when first eligible (late October 2021).  Wife got her vaccine at the first opportunity as well (April 2021, ended up with J&J), and her booster (Pfizer in November 2021).  11 year old son was vaccinated when eligible (Pfizer, December 2021).

On Tuesday of this week (January 11), I started to feel a little rough.  Sore throat, started a rough cough that was hurting my chest, and a slight fever (100).  We had a few of the at-home tests as we had previously had potential contacts, and as such had them on hand.  Took a test, and my results came back negative.  So, we figured it was a cold, the first in 2 years at this point.  Broke the fever on Wednesday morning, sore throat was gone, but the cough became more pronounced, and headaches came in waves.  Also, was just exhausted.  Slept a lot of the day, and was just in a mental fog.  Thursday was much the same.

On Friday, woke up, and while the cough was still there, it wasn't as strong, and was feeling quite a bit better.  Unfortunately, wife and son both woke up with sore throats, and were feeling generally crappy.  Had to call the school, and knew that if I reported cold like symptoms, they would put him in Covid protocol anyway, so had him take a test.  To our surprise, it came back positive.  So I called one of the urgent care centers and got tests scheduled for all 3 of us later that afternoon.  Results of those 3 tests were positive (son), positive (me), negative but presumed positive within 24 hours due to close family contact (wife).

Friday was the roughest day for wife and son.  Both spiked fevers (102).  11 year old napped all that he could.  If you have an 11 year old boy, you know how impossible it is to get them to stay down.  It was no problem that day.  At dinner, we all had a bit of a laugh, as I had BBQ'd burgers, and we were all looking forward to a good meal.  Unfortunately, as we bit into the burgers, none of us could taste anything.  It was weird, but in a way, funny because we were all experiencing this strange symptom together.

Overnight, the fevers broke for both of them.  Our 11 year old on Saturday was pretty close to normal.  He actually woke up and did the homework and tests that he missed on Friday from being sick.  Wife was still feeling rough, but better than Friday.  The roughest part is the morning when you wake up and have the cough and drainage from the night before.

As of today (Sunday the 16th), I am feeling very close to normal, as is son.  Wife is doing better than yesterday, and feels like she is coming out of it. 

So, if you have made it to the end of this story, it looks like that with our personal experience anyway, the 5-day suggested period for recovery is accurate, at least if you are vaccinated.  I have spoken with two people that I know are unvaccinated by choice and who have come down with this in the last week, and they are not doing nearly as well.

If anyone has any questions, feel free to message me.  Hoping this helps in some way.  Thank you. 

• Like 6

COVID update from the Rckr household...

Sounds like a handful of other kids from my son's preschool also tested positive on Thursday, the same day as him, and some others showed symptoms. They are closing the school this week. They may keep it closed next week, but I think they might be looking to open back up after one week if they can. 

His symptoms have basically been like a bad cold or mild flu - pretty bad fever night one, cough and sore throat, generally feeling like garbage. Has improved steadily since then, and today doesn't have a fever and just has a cough.

The wife and I both took an official test at our campus on Friday, the day after he showed symptoms... hers turned out positive, mine negative. Both of us got some mild symptoms yesterday, slight fever and cough, but I just took a rapid test about an hour ago and tested negative again. So maybe I have a very, very low viral load since it's highly unlikely I caught a different cold. Had we not tested, it would basically be like a cold running through the house. 

This is probably overwhelmingly the experience right now of most vaxed families. The biggest problems with all of this now are social - the isolation protocols, the closures, the lack of tests and cold/flu medicine being off the shelves and hard to find. 

After this wave, I don't see how the overly cautious keep their grips on things even in the bluer parts of the country. 

• Like 7

Planning is an exercise of power, and in a modern state much real power is suffused with boredom. The agents of planning are usually boring; the planning process is boring; the implementation of plans is always boring. In a democracy boredom works for bureaucracies and corporations as smell works for skunk. It keeps danger away. Power does not have to be exercised behind the scenes. It can be open. The audience is asleep. The modern world is forged amidst our inattention.

3 minutes ago, smltwnrckr said:

After this wave, I don't see how the overly cautious keep their grips on things even in the bluer parts of the country. 

Don't lie :(

• Like 1

Remember that every argument you have with someone on MWCboard is actually the continuation of a different argument they had with someone else also on MWCboard. 

5 minutes ago, smltwnrckr said:

COVID update from the Rckr household...

Sounds like a handful of other kids from my son's preschool also tested positive on Thursday, the same day as him, and some others showed symptoms. They are closing the school this week. They may keep it closed next week, but I think they might be looking to open back up after one week if they can. 

His symptoms have basically been like a bad cold or mild flu - pretty bad fever night one, cough and sore throat, generally feeling like garbage. Has improved steadily since then, and today doesn't have a fever and just has a cough.

The wife and I both took an official test at our campus on Friday, the day after he showed symptoms... hers turned out positive, mine negative. Both of us got some mild symptoms yesterday, slight fever and cough, but I just took a rapid test about an hour ago and tested negative again. So maybe I have a very, very low viral load since it's highly unlikely I caught a different cold. Had we not tested, it would basically be like a cold running through the house. 

This is probably overwhelmingly the experience right now of most vaxed families. The biggest problems with all of this now are social - the isolation protocols, the closures, the lack of tests and cold/flu medicine being off the shelves and hard to find. 

I think the final iteration of quarantine will be none for asymptomatic people, and 3 days from the onset of symptoms for symptomatic people. 

And I’m glad your household is doing well, I know it’s always stressful initially when young kids start to get sick. 

Well, after 2 years, getting the shot, second, and booster, I woke up this morning with a sore throat and I get fatigued very easily. And I had to make a trip to the grocery store earlier this week. I masked up, kept social distance...

Looks like I'm stuck at home for the next several days.:angry: