bornontheblue

Corona Virus - How bad is it going to be?

4 minutes ago, happycamper said:

For me at least rather infrequently.  If I'm drinking I have stuff to do. 

I have noticed a correlation with drink posting and more likes. So MWCboard thinks I'm smarter/funnier after a few...  just like me! :rotflmfao::cheers:

Wow, there’s a lot to analyze in that post. That’s worthy of a PhD dissertation right there. 

kat.jpg

6 hours ago, grandjean87 said:

By March, the Omicron wave will have subsided. I guess we’ll see what is predicted then.  Good news is current vaccines work:

We report here that SARS-CoV-2 spike-specific CD4+ and CD8+ T cells induced by prior infection and, more extensively, by mRNA vaccination provide comprehensive heterologous immune reactivity against B.1.1.529. Pairwise comparisons across groups further revealed that SARS-CoV-2 spike-reactive CD4+ and CD8+ T cells exhibited similar functional attributes, memory distributions, and phenotypic traits in response to the ancestral strain or B.1.1.529. Our data indicate that established SARS-CoV-2 spike-specific CD4+ and CD8+ T cell responses, especially after mRNA vaccination, remain largely intact against B.1.1.529.” — https://www.nature.com/articles/d41591-022-00017-z

T-Cells are important which more studies are showing in the fight and even one where they think T-Cells from the common cold  can help as well.

But that didn't answer the question of would they make people get the Omicron vaccine after pushing the second and booster shot vaccine.

Or will they just get it if you want or just forget about it?

5 hours ago, IanforHeisman said:

Yeah my wife said it felt like a mild flu and we almost didn’t get everyone tested, just because it’s the middle of winter and hauling 5 kids around is a chore. But I’m glad we know just to not always second guess yourself. It’s early but it seems like everyone here is doing well.

That's good to hear maybe a calmer weekend, everyone staying low, seeing how low they can go maybe put on some Almond brothers......oh wait that isn't the calm you are looking for

Just now, wolfpack1 said:

However one of those days was Monday where they reported numbers for three days as they don't report numbers on the weekend.

Yep - weekend numbers are added later in the following week - Regardless this is a surge that exceed the previous surges............best news is, if vaxxed you probably come out without much damage - Pity to those unvaccinated that are dying or compiling massive medical bills 

1 minute ago, UNLV2001 said:

Yep - weekend numbers are added later in the following week - Regardless this is a surge that exceed the previous surges............best news is, if vaxxed you probably come out without much damage - Pity to those unvaccinated that are dying or compiling massive medical bills 

That is why usually they give a little caveat to those numbers coming out on Monday's which could be higher than they actually are. 

We don't know really some long term effects either yet and won't know until years down the line like they did with the Spanish Flu. 

Most of those bills from these aren't going to be paid but this has also shown there needs to be a massive overhauling of the medical system in the nation. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Old_SD_Dude said:

Yeah I feel the same way. Might be different people though. 

I’d never drink a beer with you. It would probably start off really cool and everything, but then as time went by, I’d be a little nervous about you turning into a mean drunk. You’d go to the bathroom to take a piss, and then return with a Mexican wrestling mask on, complete with the full body uniform of red tights and a mean growl in a serious grappling stance. Suddenly, I think I’m in Tijuana and have the urge to run out to the street and grab a cab to the border. 

kat.jpg

2 hours ago, Nevada Convert said:

It would be interesting to know how much people drink and post here. I don’t drink at all because I have to take pain meds sometimes, and because I just don’t feel like it. I hear that around the IPhone 16 release, there’s going to be a breathalyzer slot to blow into and pass to get your phone to power on. And blow into it every 4 hours to keep it on. 

I don’t drink either anymore, really only because I sleep terribly when I drink. I don’t really enjoy the feeling anymore either. But for the MWC board meet up I’d suffer a little.

37 minutes ago, wolfpack1 said:

T-Cells are important which more studies are showing in the fight and even one where they think T-Cells from the common cold  can help as well.

But that didn't answer the question of would they make people get the Omicron vaccine after pushing the second and booster shot vaccine.

Or will they just get it if you want or just forget about it?

Who is they?

5 hours ago, Nevada Convert said:

Come on, don’t spoil our happy bashing session. 

So 6 warnings equals being grounded in your room for a day. Wow, I instantly earned 42 warning points for saying something much harmless than what happy barks out multiple times a day. I’m calling my Congressman. 

Happy is an exemplary moderator, he has never issued a ban or a warning I did not think appropriate and the work he has done around here is second to absolutely nobody.  From running our favorite annual events, to spending time listening to all your guys crying, for YEARS.

If you have an issue with Happy, it is most likely because he kicked your ass in some online arguments that have NOTHING to do with his moderating duties.  

• Like 4
  • Cheers 1
  • Super-Mega Idiot 1
  • Downvote 1

3 hours ago, IanforHeisman said:

But that’s also what I’ve always appreciated about the moderation here.. You tell a mod to phukk off and you won’t get the boot. Tell Rafter to phukk off and you’d be gone yesterday.

Seriously....Things said to me I would give a warning to if I saw said to others I ignore.  Same with Happy.  

3 minutes ago, halfmanhalfbronco said:

Happy is an exemplary moderator, he has never issued a ban or a warning I did not think appropriate and the work he has done around here is second to absolutely nobody.  From running our favorite annual events, to spending time listening to all your guys crying, for YEARS.

If you have an issue with Happy, it is most likely because he kicked your ass in some online arguments that have NOTHING to do with his moderating duties.  

Or the teams he cheers for

2 minutes ago, halfmanhalfbronco said:

Seriously....Things said to me I would give a warning to if I saw said to others I ignore.  Same with Happy.  

Piss off...

Just checking...

• Haha 2

In the beginning the Universe was created.
This has made a lot of people very angry and been widely regarded as a bad move.

12 minutes ago, wolfpack1 said:

Government officials and such

Or, private firms especially after the Court ruling.

There has been vaccine choice all along the way. nRNA or adenovirus vector.  Soon we’ll have a choice of a protein subunit vaccine (Novavax).  After that, who knows?  ImmunityBio is working on a 2nd gen broad       platform vax, and there are more.  

• Like 1

1 minute ago, grandjean87 said:

Or, private firms especially after the Court ruling.

There has been vaccine choice all along the way. nRNA or adenovirus vector.  Soon we’ll have a choice of a protein subunit vaccine (Novavax).  After that, who knows?  ImmunityBio is working on a 2nd gen broad       platform vax, and there are more.  

I know just wondering if the new one coming out in March is now going to be involved in that as well, telling people you need to get the Omicron vaccine as well as all the other shots you have taken. Or will they just be like ehhh throw it in the same argument as the rest of them. Then if you get the Omicron vaccine, do you need the other vaccines as well. 

Now I don't know what the facts on Novavax is but there seems to be not as a huge push behind it as others. 

I've had beers with murderers. The idea that anyone on here wouldn't have a beer with anyone else on here seems silly. 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

Planning is an exercise of power, and in a modern state much real power is suffused with boredom. The agents of planning are usually boring; the planning process is boring; the implementation of plans is always boring. In a democracy boredom works for bureaucracies and corporations as smell works for skunk. It keeps danger away. Power does not have to be exercised behind the scenes. It can be open. The audience is asleep. The modern world is forged amidst our inattention.