bornontheblue

Corona Virus - How bad is it going to be?

1 minute ago, bornontheblue said:

Oh, that one is not for sale. 

It's like having one of Hitler's paintings on your wall.

Planning is an exercise of power, and in a modern state much real power is suffused with boredom. The agents of planning are usually boring; the planning process is boring; the implementation of plans is always boring. In a democracy boredom works for bureaucracies and corporations as smell works for skunk. It keeps danger away. Power does not have to be exercised behind the scenes. It can be open. The audience is asleep. The modern world is forged amidst our inattention.

1 minute ago, Bob said:

lmao!!!! We are talking about an "sickness" with a statistically zero chance of dying  to the person of reference. And having a kid with a 101 degree fever is NOTHING to fret about. I doubt you have kids, because if you did you wouldn't give me the sick kid malarky.

Bob no like read.

• Super-Mega Idiot 1

Planning is an exercise of power, and in a modern state much real power is suffused with boredom. The agents of planning are usually boring; the planning process is boring; the implementation of plans is always boring. In a democracy boredom works for bureaucracies and corporations as smell works for skunk. It keeps danger away. Power does not have to be exercised behind the scenes. It can be open. The audience is asleep. The modern world is forged amidst our inattention.

Just now, Bob said:

lmao!!!! We are talking about an "sickness" with a statistically zero chance of dying  to the person of reference. And having a kid with a 101 degree fever is NOTHING to fret about. I doubt you have kids, because if you did you wouldn't give me the sick kid malarky.

Bob, it doesn't have a statistically zero chance of dying.

It infects other people.

It leads to long-term complications in a large proportion of cases.

And currently, hospitals are overflowing with people dying from it.

Finally, you wouldn't make fun of someone's kid for, say, having the flu. Or having hand foot and mouth. Or having whooping cough. Or having a stomach bug. You're just doing it, now, on something that is objectively worse than all of those because of your stupid politics. I just can't decide if it is politics making you such a piece of shit, or it is giving you the excuse to show the real you. I'm betting on the latter. 

• Troll 1

Remember that every argument you have with someone on MWCboard is actually the continuation of a different argument they had with someone else also on MWCboard. 

5 minutes ago, happycamper said:

Finally, you wouldn't make fun of someone's kid for, say, having the flu. Or having hand foot and mouth. Or having whooping cough. Or having a stomach bug. You're just doing it, now, on something that is objectively worse than all of those because of your stupid politics. I just can't decide if it is politics making you such a piece of shit, or it is giving you the excuse to show the real you. I'm betting on the latter. 

You must not have any kids. Otherwise you'd know how much fun it is to poke fun at parents when their kid has foot in mouth. Or in bob's case, hoof in mouth. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, bornontheblue said:

Hitler had an artistic side. 

Didn't know that. 

2 minutes ago, smltwnrckr said:

It's like having one of Hitler's paintings on your wall.

Funny story; for a history class a buddy of mine had to find a work of art showcasing Vienna. He found a decent painting that showed a landscape of Vienna that he needed for the assignment.

It was only later on in the class that he thought to look at who painted it ... :lol:

Remember that every argument you have with someone on MWCboard is actually the continuation of a different argument they had with someone else also on MWCboard. 

1 minute ago, smltwnrckr said:

You must not have any kids. Otherwise you'd know how much fun it is to poke fun at parents when their kid has foot in mouth. 

I've had hand foot and mouth! my kid was at .95 speed, I was so feverish I put on a ski suit, got in a -10 sleeping bag, and turned the thermostat to 95. Still a little better than covid, the fever broke a few hours later so I was really only under the weather for ~24 hours or so. 

Just now, Bob said:

lmao. please tell me more about how covid is killing all the children

Nobody has said anyhting remotely like that. But it is clear that you are too much a piece of shit to understand when you are being a piece of shit. 

4 minutes ago, Nevada Convert said:

Well, looking on the bright side, happycracker hates him some Campbell’s Soup from mom, so we don’t have to worry about a Soup Nazi.

convert are you ok

2 minutes ago, happycamper said:

I've had hand foot and mouth! my kid was at .95 speed, I was so feverish I put on a ski suit, got in a -10 sleeping bag, and turned the thermostat to 95. Still a little better than covid, the fever broke a few hours later so I was really only under the weather for ~24 hours or so. 

My kid got it but I never did as far as I know. Usually for adults it's like nothing. 

But I'm glad I gave some folks a good long laugh with a sick kid, which is the custom of our time.

• Cheers 1

Honestly, I'm a little disappointed my question hasnt been answered....

In the beginning the Universe was created.
This has made a lot of people very angry and been widely regarded as a bad move.

1 minute ago, smltwnrckr said:

My kid got it but I never did as far as I know. Usually for adults it's like nothing. 

But I'm glad I gave some folks a good long laugh, which is the custom of our time.

hey Jan don't worry about picking up those comedy show tickets! Eric's kids got hand foot and mouth lmao we can just go over there and roast his ass for free!

1 minute ago, happycamper said:

hey Jan don't worry about picking up those comedy show tickets! Eric's kids got hand foot and mouth lmao we can just go over there and roast his ass for free!

Insert laugh track here.

• Haha 1

Just now, Nevada Convert said:

I guess you’ve never seen Seinfeld? 

yes. I'm aware of the reference. it also has nothing to do with campbells. the sentence construction and, well, lack of any coherence on that post made me worry for a minute there

Just now, happycamper said:

yes. I'm aware of the reference. it also has nothing to do with campbells. the sentence construction and, well, lack of any coherence on that post made me worry for a minute there

You’re so anal about every little thing. I wrote it that way on purpose and mixed the Campbell’s Soup part in because of the goofy little kid CS commercials back in the 80-90’s.

“I gots to get me some them there biscuits out the oven.” That’s probably been said a billion times in southern trailer parks. Learn to laugh and don’t be anal about sentence structure. 

• Like 1

kat.jpg