bornontheblue

Corona Virus - How bad is it going to be?

9 hours ago, Bob said:

omicron is just a test to see how much control they have over you. Probably total control over most of you lmao

You're a sad little man.

9 hours ago, Bob said:

Isn’t it time for you to hide under your bed til they tell you it’s safe to come out?

Isnt it time to pull your head out of your ass?

In the beginning the Universe was created.
This has made a lot of people very angry and been widely regarded as a bad move.

17 hours ago, SalinasSpartan said:

If this ends up causing more mild symptoms than other variants this could be a positive development, right? 

No reported deaths from Omicron yet. If it outcompetes Delta, that would be positive. Having a similar viral infection releases interferons which helps inhibit other viral infections in addition to the other prongs of the immune system.

Not to mention the new Pfizer oral med is expected to work even with the new variants and they can plug new mutations in to the mRNA vaccines within weeks. Overreactions I suspect. Good stock market buying opportunities.

• Cheers 1

On 2/25/2020 at 1:16 PM, bornontheblue said:

Do we have any infectious disease experts on the board? 

I think we are headed into a recession, probably mild one. International commerce is significantly affected by this. 

Following up again. The answer remains the same. It’s going to suck.  If I told you in Feb 2020 that Covid would be responsible for 777,000 deaths with 48 million cases in the United States would you have believed me?

• Like 3

thelawlorfaithful, on 31 Dec 2012 - 04:01 AM, said:One of the rules I live by: never underestimate a man in a dandy looking sweater

9 minutes ago, mugtang said:

Following up again. The answer remains the same. It’s going to suck.  If I told you in Feb 2020 that Covid would be responsible for 777,000 deaths with 48 million cases in the United States would you have believed me?

Nope.  Now in late March, early April....

10 minutes ago, mugtang said:

No. 

We will probably get above 1 million before the end of winter. 

Who knows what Omicron is going to do . 

I am going to  go live in a cave in the central Idaho mountains now. This sucks 

• Facepalm 1

These are the sort of "experts" over at the FDA? I'm glad they quit. Give me a break with this talking point:

First, such a campaign diverts focus away from the goal of persuading the unvaccinated to get their shots (and persuading parents to get their eligible children shots).

Boosters are not the reason unvaccinated people aren't getting the vaccine. The vaccines have been out forever now. It's not like there's a domestic shortage either.

59 minutes ago, bornontheblue said:

Question for the Doctors or PA's that frequent this thread: 

I am due for a booster , should I wait to see what the deal is with Omicron variant or just do it? 

Not a doctor or PA or nurse, but a biotech investor and all around observer of social data.  Do it unless you also have convalescent immunity from the past few months..  That 3rd dose pushes your antibody titers multiples higher than early on after the 2nd dose.   I know it's early, but there's no evidence that protection from serious disease will not still be present (from Omiron) plus Delta is still around theses parts for awhile.