bornontheblue

Corona Virus - How bad is it going to be?

3 minutes ago, HR_Poke said:

Outside of PTSD issues a lot of them are moving to traveling nurses.  They are making 200K+ going to covid hotspots.  My wifes hospital group just banned internal letters of recommendation for nurses wanting to become traveling nurses.  Not sure thats the best way to go about retention but they feel it's necessary.  Also gave all their nursing staff a $15k bonus if they sign long term contracts.

My ex-wife is an OB nurse, but she's been taking extra Covid shifts as well and has been making bank this year from it. She considered going the traveling route, but it would have required that our son stay with my parents or her parents for too long, and her mom is anti-vax for some stupid reason despite being pre-diabetic and in her 70s. 

Just now, retrofade said:

My ex-wife is an OB nurse, but she's been taking extra Covid shifts as well and has been making bank this year from it. She considered going the traveling route, but it would have required that our son stay with my parents or her parents for too long, and her mom is anti-vax for some stupid reason despite being pre-diabetic and in her 70s. 

yeah it's nuts how much money they are making.  Probably a lot of burn out too.  I know a nurse down in Colorado Springs who works for my wifes same hospital group and she's been making $125/hour between extra covid shifts, hazard pay, and overtime.  I wish my wife was a nurse right now....  I really need a sugar momma....

• Like 1

Just now, HR_Poke said:

yeah it's nuts how much money they are making.  Probably a lot of burn out too.  I know a nurse down in Colorado Springs who works for my wifes same hospital group and she's been making $125/hour between extra covid shifts, hazard pay, and overtime.  I wish my wife was a nurse right now....  I really need a sugar momma....

The frustrating part for me is that she's actually making way more than I do, but I'm still paying through the nose for child support. :rotflmfao: That's after I put her through LVN and then nursing school after the divorce. Oh well, as long as my son is well taken care of, it's worth it. 

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, retrofade said:

The frustrating part for me is that she's actually making way more than I do, but I'm still paying through the nose for child support. :rotflmfao: That's after I put her through LVN and then nursing school after the divorce. Oh well, as long as my son is well taken care of, it's worth it. 

could be worse.  My neighbor got divorced after 16 years and his wife was a stay at home mom.  She flat out told him she wasn't going to do shit for the 8 years he has to pay alimony aside from plastic surgery and drink.  And thats what she did....  Boob job, nose job, lipo suction.

Just now, HR_Poke said:

could be worse.  My neighbor got divorced after 16 years and his wife was a stay at home mom.  She flat out told him she wasn't going to do shit for the 8 years he has to pay alimony aside from plastic surgery and drink.  And thats what she did....  Boob job, nose job, lipo suction.

I fortunately got out of alimony because our marriage hadn't officially hit five years when we separated, and we did so in Texas, so their laws took precedence even though we filed the paperwork in California after we both moved back. That sounds horrible for your neighbor though. We had a relatively amicable separation, even though she was bitter about it for a couple of years. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, HR_Poke said:

3 hours ago, retrofade said:

I fortunately got out of alimony because our marriage hadn't officially hit five years when we separated, and we did so in Texas, so their laws took precedence even though we filed the paperwork in California after we both moved back. That sounds horrible for your neighbor though. We had a relatively amicable separation, even though she was bitter about it for a couple of years. 

why is divorce so freaking expensive...

because it's worth it!!!

• Cheers 1
  • Haha 1

21 hours ago, x97 said:

Here you go.....fear mongering.    Our medical system is not "buried" or anything close to that.     You fools have been saying this for 2 years.

Here ya go being dismissive of a severe and growing problem again. GO talk to a hospital about critical staffing shortages...

• Like 1

4 hours ago, HR_Poke said:

Outside of PTSD issues a lot of them are moving to traveling nurses.  They are making 200K+ going to covid hotspots.  My wifes hospital group just banned internal letters of recommendation for nurses wanting to become traveling nurses.  Not sure thats the best way to go about retention but they feel it's necessary.  Also gave all their nursing staff a $15k bonus if they sign long term contracts.

Here the hospitals are offering big $$ to try to get a few travelers to stay on to alleviate a severe shortage of staff.

4 minutes ago, Billings said:

Here the hospitals are offering big $$ to try to get a few travelers to stay on to alleviate a severe shortage of staff.

I've dabbled with the idea of getting my RN to help out, and make some decent money. But I bet in 2 years that it would take me to get it they would be back to making less than I do now.

My gf is getting offers for that as well. Right now she's working her normal shifts at $85 an hour, plus she gets some kinda "Appreciate you" gift cards to Nordstrom every shift. She contemplating traveling somewhere for the big bucks though for a few months.

4 minutes ago, Stealthlobo said:

My gf is getting offers for that as well. Right now she's working her normal shifts at $85 an hour, plus she gets some kinda "Appreciate you" gift cards to Nordstrom every shift. She contemplating traveling somewhere for the big bucks though for a few months.

She works at Centura right?  Good luck getting the letter of recommendation needed. My wife said that Peter Banko or one of the other higher ups quashed those to keep nurses from leaving.

13 minutes ago, HR_Poke said:

She works at Centura right?  Good luck getting the letter of recommendation needed. My wife said that Peter Banko or one of the other higher ups quashed those to keep nurses from leaving.

That's crazy centura is doing that! Luckily she's got back ups though from HCA and Red Cross who both really loved her. But we don't really need the money right now, but it is tempting...

4 minutes ago, Stealthlobo said:

That's crazy centura is doing that! Luckily she's got back ups though from HCA and Red Cross who both really loved her. But we don't really need the money right now, but it is tempting...

Yeah I thought it was a super dumb move. They've made some questionable decisions lately.

The FEMA nurses at our hospital are getting 10k per week. As you can imagine, those jobs are highly sought after. They bus you in, bus you to the hotel and bus you to the hospital. I think they’re there for 2 weeks straight.

1 minute ago, NMpackalum said:

The FEMA nurses at our hospital are getting 10k per week. As you can imagine, those jobs are highly sought after. They bus you in, bus you to the hotel and bus you to the hospital. I think they’re there for 2 weeks straight.

Should have been a murse....Make It Rain Reaction GIF by Bud Light