bornontheblue

Corona Virus - How bad is it going to be?

No mention of masking levels in the article.  So Bob is basically making shit up.  UM students dont have to wear a mask in their dorm.

He didnt make this up though.... 

Last year, there was little to no flu activity.

or this...

Among those who've contracted flu at U-M this fall, 77% didn't get a flu vaccine. The cases were identified as influenza A (H3N2), said Lindsey Mortenson, UHS medical director and acting executive director.

In the beginning the Universe was created.
This has made a lot of people very angry and been widely regarded as a bad move.

1 hour ago, bornontheblue said:

I will never understand the fear that Bob's have of masks. Fully grown men are terrified of the damn things. It is really weird. 

I still maintain that it's a case of Oppositional Defiant Disorder. I told my mom that she was suffering from it when it came to her hatred of masks and utter refusal to get vaccinated despite the fact that my dad is a physician and told her that she should. She told me I was disrespectful and that she wouldn't speak with me again until I apologized, and then hung up on me. I haven't talked with her since August after that occurred outside of a few text conversations during Bulldogs games. Then again, she also still maintains that Trump won the election, so..........

• Like 2

1 hour ago, retrofade said:

I still maintain that it's a case of Oppositional Defiant Disorder. I told my mom that she was suffering from it when it came to her hatred of masks and utter refusal to get vaccinated despite the fact that my dad is a physician and told her that she should. She told me I was disrespectful and that she wouldn't speak with me again until I apologized, and then hung up on me. I haven't talked with her since August after that occurred outside of a few text conversations during Bulldogs games. Then again, she also still maintains that Trump won the election, so..........

I was wearing a mask in a Starbucks early on in the pandemic when they started asking people to wear them. Some Jerk called me a communist and accused me of being a Californian who was ruining Boise because I was wearing a mask. I just laughed at him , but I didn’t get into it with him because I knew the manager and didn’t want to cause trouble for her. 

But seriously, I think it Is a fear that they will appear sickly, weak, and controlled  if they wear a mask. It’s definitely a physchologically issue. They aren’t tough enough to critically think through it. 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

I'm pissed.

So, I was due to have knee replacement surgery in the middle of December, but last week, I was able to get penned in for the 30th of November. Cutting my wait time in half. This morning, got the call from the surgery center that they had to, essentially, cancel all "elective" surgeries due to Covid patients taking up so many beds.

Mother +++++ing anti-vaxxing pieces of shit +++++ other people over because of their selfishness.

• Like 2
  • Angry 2
  • Sad 1

6 minutes ago, son of a gun said:

I'm pissed.

So, I was due to have knee replacement surgery in the middle of December, but last week, I was able to get penned in for the 30th of November. Cutting my wait time in half. This morning, got the call from the surgery center that they had to, essentially, cancel all "elective" surgeries due to Covid patients taking up so many beds.

Mother +++++ing anti-vaxxing pieces of shit +++++ other people over because of their selfishness.

I can't imagine dealing with that. I'm facing down knee replacement within the next 5-7 years according to my doctors. I'm freaking out about it already, so actually getting to the point of coming to terms with it and scheduling it only to have these antivaxxing fvcks screw it all up would be a bridge too far for me to deal with. 

I hope that you can get it scheduled sooner rather than later if you're in pain from it. 

19 minutes ago, retrofade said:

I can't imagine dealing with that. I'm facing down knee replacement within the next 5-7 years according to my doctors. I'm freaking out about it already, so actually getting to the point of coming to terms with it and scheduling it only to have these antivaxxing fvcks screw it all up would be a bridge too far for me to deal with. 

I hope that you can get it scheduled sooner rather than later if you're in pain from it. 

Let's just say that a peg leg has been looking preferable lately.

1 minute ago, son of a gun said:

Let's just say that a peg leg has been looking preferable lately.

Shit. :( I'm really sorry to hear that. My knee gives me grief most days, but not to that degree... yet. It's the remnants of an old work injury there I fell from a ladder while I was waist high in a 12' ceiling pulling network cable. The ladder broke, and I came crashing down and bashed it on a counter on the way to the ground. 

11 minutes ago, retrofade said:

Shit. :( I'm really sorry to hear that. My knee gives me grief most days, but not to that degree... yet. It's the remnants of an old work injury there I fell from a ladder while I was waist high in a 12' ceiling pulling network cable. The ladder broke, and I came crashing down and bashed it on a counter on the way to the ground. 

Ouch. Yeah, my knee has been a gradual sort of thing. Though it rapidly escalated this year, with having had 2 knee surgeries already (one to repair a torn meniscus, the other to remove said meniscus), and 10 combined on both knees prior to those. Plus 5 ankle surgeries.

...Yeah, I don't like my legs very much.

2 minutes ago, son of a gun said:

Ouch. Yeah, my knee has been a gradual sort of thing. Though it rapidly escalated this year, with having had 2 knee surgeries already (one to repair a torn meniscus, the other to remove said meniscus), and 10 combined on both knees prior to those. Plus 5 ankle surgeries.

...Yeah, I don't like my legs very much.

Goddamn. Yeah, I haven't had that degree of issues. Or, I suppose I may have and I just ignored them for a long time. I broke my ankle when I was 13, and it never healed correctly and still gives me a lot of pain when the temps change drastically, or when I overexert it by doing things like playing indoor soccer like I used to do twice a week. Both the ankle and knee are on the same (left) leg, and they've progressively gotten worse over the years to the point where I walk with a limp a good half of the time these days. I've just kinda learned how to deal with it because I'm deathly afraid of surgery.

6 minutes ago, retrofade said:

Goddamn. Yeah, I haven't had that degree of issues. Or, I suppose I may have and I just ignored them for a long time. I broke my ankle when I was 13, and it never healed correctly and still gives me a lot of pain when the temps change drastically, or when I overexert it by doing things like playing indoor soccer like I used to do twice a week. Both the ankle and knee are on the same (left) leg, and they've progressively gotten worse over the years to the point where I walk with a limp a good half of the time these days. I've just kinda learned how to deal with it because I'm deathly afraid of surgery.

Just view surgery as "that thing that will only suck for a short time, but the pain goes away long term".

1 hour ago, retrofade said:

You get really good drugs. 

Total knee replacements were a miracle for me. Now 9+ and 8+ years out. I walk fast, hike, cycle, and do even some slow running.  I’ve gone as long as a 33m day hike on a tough route w/11+ k’ climb.  If I’d ever drop even 20 lbs., I’d go farther, faster. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, son of a gun said:

Just view surgery as "that thing that will only suck for a short time, but the pain goes away long term".

29 minutes ago, grandjean87 said:

You get really good drugs. 

Total knee replacements were a miracle for me. Now 9+ and 8+ years out. I walk fast, hike, cycle, and do even some slow running.  I’ve gone as long as a 33m day hike on a tough route w/11+ k’ climb.  If I’d ever drop even 20 lbs., I’d go farther, faster. 

Thanks for that, it's actually really helpful. 

• Like 1
  • Cheers 2

4 minutes ago, Bob said:

BS. It's not my fault that you have no critical thinking skills and wear your mask like a little sheep just because they tell you to. You have no spark of freedom, independence, self respect, self reliance, individualism or liberty. You'd rather be a slave to Bill Gates and other global elites. They laugh in your +++++ing face every time you go out with your little face diaper on when they brazenly ignore what they tell you to do.  If it were up to people like you we'd be in the same position as New Zealand - still locked down, still scared, and the virus will exact its toll whenever they come out of hiding. The only thing standing between that is people like me. Your ilk will thank people like me one day, and you'll probably say that you were against all this shit, and that of course will be a lie. This folly will be exposed and general consensus will be this was THE stupidest, most brainless, most self-destructive time in centuries other than actual war.

You have been citing one Twitter account in 90% of your posts. Look in the mirror if you want to see a fckin sheep.

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, Bob said:

BS. It's not my fault that you have no critical thinking skills and wear your mask like a little sheep just because they tell you to. You have no spark of freedom, independence, self respect, self reliance, individualism or liberty. You'd rather be a slave to Bill Gates and other global elites. They laugh in your +++++ing face every time you go out with your little face diaper on when they brazenly ignore what they tell you to do.  If it were up to people like you we'd be in the same position as New Zealand - still locked down, still scared, and the virus will exact its toll whenever they come out of hiding. The only thing standing between that is people like me. Your ilk will thank people like me one day, and you'll probably say that you were against all this shit, and that of course will be a lie. This folly will be exposed and general consensus will be this was THE stupidest, most brainless, most self-destructive time in centuries other than actual war.

Masks have broken you.  I get frustrated when I have to walk back the 20 feet to my car to grab one to enter a private business that has a sign requesting it.  But this post is hilarity incarnate.

You aren't standing up to anything, you are just pissing in the wind and going on facebook style rants.  The ego you have built up on this is quite humorous, and please continue to convey this self-righteous attitude for the rest of this thread.  

• Like 5

1 minute ago, Bob said:

Or I can look at raw data, observe the world around me and see if it matches up with the narratives that are shoved down our throats from the media and certain government agencies then make my own opinions and decisions.  It's called critical thinking.

And when you do that, it'll be a pleasant change.

• Like 2

This has made a lot of people very angry and been widely regarded as a bad move.

5 minutes ago, Bob said:

Or I can look at raw data, observe the world around me and see if it matches up with the narratives that are shoved down our throats from the media and certain government agencies then make my own opinions and decisions.  It's called critical thinking.

sheep schmoedown GIF by Collider

• Like 1

Funny that Bob goes off on one of his rants...just as the nurse gives me my Vid booster.

Life is all about balance...

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Bob said:

Funny, this is what I was thinking about the unvaxxed Covid deniers. In a year or two, those who were so worked up about liberty and freedom from tyranny will look back and shake their heads and wonder why they chose this as the hill they wanted to die on.