bornontheblue

Corona Virus - How bad is it going to be?

37 minutes ago, RSF said:

Well, if you cant trust 'el gato malo', who can you trust?

You just don't know who you can trust. This is why I crosscheck every piece of data I run across through Truth Social.

• Haha 2

4 minutes ago, NMpackalum said:

If you read the comments on that blog post table, you'd be amazed at how many epidemiologists there are. I never knew it was such a popular degree.

The stupidity of 'doing yer own research'.  In other words an idiot that jumps on google and pulls whatever info they want to see.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, NMpackalum said:

I think that would make you overqualified.

Think about how much time and energy you wasted going to med school when you could have just scrolled Twitter for half an hour. Ya big dummy.

13 minutes ago, NMpackalum said:

I was just talking about the 1.4 billion surplus from the evil oil and gas taxes and the gross receipts taxes from the stimulus money. Who knows what she's doing with the Covid relief funds.

Ah. The oil and gas revenue that's going away from the ban on leases?

4 minutes ago, NMpackalum said:

The tax money is likely to be still good when the nat gas prices are at a multiyear high and oil prices expected to go over $100 or more even with no new leases. 

Yeah, they restarted leases after they lost a lawsuit in LA.  Although from my friends that work in that industry near Carlsbad the leases never paused in NM, but they said the department of the interior did not manage the rules the same across all the leases. 

45 minutes ago, HR_Poke said:

Yeah, they restarted leases after they lost a lawsuit in LA.  Although from my friends that work in that industry near Carlsbad the leases never paused in NM, but they said the department of the interior did not manage the rules the same across all the leases. 

I have a fishing buddy that hasn't been able to get new leases to drill. Nat gas prices are double his contracted prices. 

1 minute ago, NMpackalum said:

I have a fishing buddy that hasn't been able to get new leases to drill. Nat gas prices are double his contracted prices. 

Interesting. I know they are slow walking approving new leases until they can appeal the court ruling.  The Carlsbad guys just kept drilling regardless of what the feds said.

Just now, HR_Poke said:

@NVGiant @halfmanhalfbronco

I've been thinking about this theast couple days..  You both mentioned that past infection of covid should exempt you from a mandate but individuals should still get vaccinated.

Why do you both think they should also get vaccinated?

Most research that I have read suggests that those with the best immune responses are those who have both been vaccinated and infected. 

• Like 5

5 minutes ago, HR_Poke said:

@NVGiant @halfmanhalfbronco

I've been thinking about this theast couple days..  You both mentioned that past infection of covid should exempt you from a mandate but individuals should still get vaccinated.

Why do you both think they should also get vaccinated?

Because we don't know how long immunity lasts from either infection or vaccination and what variables determine that immunity's length.   We do know that receiving the vaccine after infection gives you the best, longest lasting immunity.  It is possible somebody who was sick say a year or 16 months ago no longer has natural immunity and they could become a vector.

Simply put, it gives you a higher level of immunity and for a greater period of time.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, halfmanhalfbronco said:

Because we don't know how long immunity lasts from either infection or vaccination and what variables determine that immunity's length.   We do know that receiving the vaccine after infection gives you the best, longest lasting immunity.  It is possible somebody who was sick say a year or 16 months ago no longer has natural immunity and they could become vector.

Simply put, it give you a higher level of immunity and for a greater period of time.

How do we know it's for a greater period of time?  Really only been out 10 months and we haven't had much time to study immune responses for the break through cases.

12 minutes ago, HR_Poke said:

How do we know it's for a greater period of time?  Really only been out 10 months and we haven't had much time to study immune responses for the break through cases.

Because they can track the immunity levels on those who were involved in the test phases.  That goes back to the middle of 2020.

In the beginning the Universe was created.
This has made a lot of people very angry and been widely regarded as a bad move.

14 minutes ago, HR_Poke said:

Because that's what the science and studies show to date.  

"Friday’s report from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention adds to growing laboratory evidence that people who had one bout of COVID-19 get a dramatic boost in virus-fighting immune cells — and a bonus of broader protection against new mutants — when they’re vaccinated."

"The survivors who never got vaccinated had a significantly higher risk of reinfection than those who were fully vaccinated, even though most had their first bout of COVID-19 just six to nine months ago."

https://apnews.com/article/science-health-coronavirus-pandemic-ad52011f4ca1853fad6eee41a7310c2e