bornontheblue

Corona Virus - How bad is it going to be?

1 hour ago, tspoke said:

The tweet about his kid was in 2015. So I am assuming the kid is fine. It was just showing his change in attitude from when it wa his kid to when it became political. 

I do feel bad for his wife though.

Ahhh... totally didn't catch that.

21 hours ago, tspoke said:

walter white GIF

:D

• Cheers 1

St-Javelin-Sm.jpgChase.jpg 

On 10/16/2021 at 11:19 AM, Maji said:

More data for Bobby to ignore

From a Gallup poll at the end of September on vaccinations: the breakdown was 92% of Democrats and 56% of Republicans. So there are 5 times as many unvaxxed Republicans than there are unvaxxed Democrats.

24 minutes ago, Nevada6077 said:

That’s good for next election, less of them who vote

And those age 76+(silent Gen) are 19 percentage points more likely to be Republican voters. I'm surprised there haven't been any in depth data analysis done on this (although it seems 538 and other may feel like that is too close to grave-dancing).

image.png.b1b387096fc52243d648d11a6fe4ecc7.png

On 10/16/2021 at 11:19 AM, Maji said:

More data for Bobby to ignore

On 10/16/2021 at 11:47 AM, Old_SD_Dude said:

Similar data from SD County. 

6D57C9F5-6DF2-400C-B577-F494C8BFC597.jpeg

BUT VERMONT IS EXPLODING!!!!  VERMONT!!!!!!!  

• Haha 4

12 minutes ago, Bob said:

What is the source for this? It doesn't agree with one of the people I follow. He claims there are slightly more "breakthrough" cases in San Diego than unvaxxed. I know there are more vaxxed, so in San Diego, at least, the unvaxxed are getting covid at a higher %, but still. It's far from the BS that was fed about 100% efficacy, and still means that if you are vaxxed you are absolutely a vector for covid.  Plus I've read stories that if you are in the hospital for anything but covid and you are vaxxed they do not test you, but if you are unvaxxed and are being treated for anything you are automatically tested for covid so the numbers are skewed "unfairly".

Waning immunity I suppose. We know now that the J&J was relatively ineffective after just a couple months, and that Pfizer immunity wanes after 4 months or so.

That being said, 3K cases in a community of 3+ million people ain't bad tho. 

St-Javelin-Sm.jpgChase.jpg 

3 minutes ago, Stealthlobo said:

There really wasn't any doubt that it would be approved today, but glad it's official. I don't know where to really find J&J anymore though.

Hey what's your thought on the vaccine for 5 to 11 year olds?

10 minutes ago, HR_Poke said:

Hey what's your thought on the vaccine for 5 to 11 year olds?

Not really sure. Its safe, that's for sure, but is it necessary? Probably not. The data is changing every day. Are kids shedding the virus? Do they carry a viral load? Again it won't hurt, and might help "society". But self-protection is probably minimal.

Won't hurt, might help?

• Like 3

Just now, Stealthlobo said:

Not really sure. Its safe, that's for sure, but is it necessary? Probably not. The data is changing every day. Are kids shedding the virus? Do they carry a viral load? Again it won't hurt, and might help "society". But self-protection is probably minimal.

Won't hurt, might help?

Ok thanks, I appreciate it.  Definitely going to have a long talk with the pediatrician.  Youngest is 5 and has food allergies.  No known medicine allergies as of now.  Just a little hesitant. 

• Like 3
  • Cheers 1

2 hours ago, Bob said:

What is the source for this? It doesn't agree with one of the people I follow. He claims there are slightly more "breakthrough" cases in San Diego than unvaxxed. I know there are more vaxxed, so in San Diego, at least, the unvaxxed are getting covid at a higher %, but still. It's far from the BS that was fed about 100% efficacy, and still means that if you are vaxxed you are absolutely a vector for covid.  Plus I've read stories that if you are in the hospital for anything but covid and you are vaxxed they do not test you, but if you are unvaxxed and are being treated for anything you are automatically tested for covid so the numbers are skewed "unfairly".

It’s from the County of San Diego Department of Health and Human Services. It comes out every Wednesday. Here is today’s update. 

https://www.sandiegocounty.gov/content/sdc/hhsa/programs/phs/community_epidemiology/dc/2019-nCoV/status.html

Thay Haif Said: Quhat Say Thay? Lat Thame Say

'One of the people I follow'.

Does he do conference realignment rumors, too?

• Cheers 1

In the beginning the Universe was created.
This has made a lot of people very angry and been widely regarded as a bad move.

3 hours ago, HR_Poke said:

Ok thanks, I appreciate it.  Definitely going to have a long talk with the pediatrician.  Youngest is 5 and has food allergies.  No known medicine allergies as of now.  Just a little hesitant. 

This is what every person with questions or concerns should do.  Props.  

• Like 2