bornontheblue

Corona Virus - How bad is it going to be?

I am gutted today.

A friend who had been hospitalized with COVID but was sent home with oxygen to recover at home stopped breathing yesterday and passed away. The paramedics couldn't revive him.  He had no other health problems, but chose not to be vaccinated. He was 51. This will be my 4th COVID funeral this year. 

• Sad 10

1 minute ago, Del Scorcho said:

I am gutted today.

A friend who had been hospitalized with COVID but was sent home with oxygen to recover at home stopped breathing yesterday and passed away. The paramedics couldn't revive him.  He had no other health problems, but chose not to be vaccinated. He was 51. This will be my 4th COVID funeral this year. 

Sorry for your loss.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Del Scorcho said:

I am gutted today.

Holy shit. I'm so sorry.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Del Scorcho said:

I am gutted today.

So sad. So sorry.

• Like 1

thanks for allowing me to vent here a little bit ...

in a range of different emotions one thing stands out that I can’t stop thinking about. My friend who passed away yesterday was generous to a fault, and never wanted to be a bother or put people out in any way.

I don’t think he had the foresight to realize his choice to not vaccinate lead directly to putting a burden on the hospital staff that treated him, the paramedics that tried to revive him and the hundreds of people connected to him that loved, worried and cared about him. His personal choice became not so personal in the last 10 days of his life.

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, Del Scorcho said:

thanks for allowing me to vent here a little bit ...

in a range of different emotions one thing stands out that I can’t stop thinking about. My friend who passed away yesterday was generous to a fault, and never wanted to be a bother or put people out in any way.

I don’t think he had the foresight to realize his choice to not vaccinate lead directly to putting a burden on the hospital staff that treated him, the paramedics that tried to revive him and the hundreds of people connected to him that loved, worried and cared about him. His personal choice became not so personal in the last 10 days of his life.

Sorry for your loss, man. Good God. Four people is four too many. 

One of our advisors is a "superconnector" and as such he knew 27 people who had passed from COVID by June, though idk if he was particularly close to any of them. We have two friends who lost immediate family members, but fortunately, that's as close to home as the virus has hit.

Once again, please accept my condolences. 

• Like 1

St-Javelin-Sm.jpgChase.jpg 

3 hours ago, Del Scorcho said:

I am gutted today.

Four is a big number, especially since the vaccine launch.   Hang in there and my thoughts. 

1 hour ago, soupslam1 said:

Anyone got the booster yet? If so, any after effects? 

I've administered about 100 booster doses. Ppl who really didn't feel anything after the second are feeling the effects most of us did on this one. Other than that, pretty similar side effect profile.

6 minutes ago, Stealthlobo said:

In all actuality, i havent really seen anything that really shows the booster being super necessary unless you are immunocompromised.  It won't hurt getting a third shot, but it probably won't be providing any extra protection to most people.

Ufc 239 Sport GIF by UFC

8 minutes ago, Stealthlobo said:

In all actuality, i havent really seen anything that really shows the booster being super necessary unless you are immunocompromised.  It won't hurt getting a third shot, but it probably won't be providing any extra protection to most people.

Yeah, I was really hoping the boosters would be tailored to the most common variant.  

• Like 2

Just now, Stealthlobo said:

Ya they are the exact same thing as the first 2. I feel it's just like getting a tetanus shot early. Won't hurt. Might help, but probably not.

Yeah it seemed like a preemptive, we've got to do something now by the administration. Glad the fda made the right call on it. 

Just now, Stealthlobo said:

My girlfriend had a patient come in last week for his "first Covid shot" acting a bit sus. They decided to look him up in the state registry and found out he had already gotten like 13 Pfizer vaccines and 3 moderna....

Holy shit.....  well I'd say he's protected...

The Johnson and Johnson booster increases the effectiveness from mid 60s% to ~94%, so I am definitely planning on getting it when it becomes available.

"BYU is like a 4-year-long church dance with 20,000 chaperones all waiting for you to forget to shave one morning so they can throw you out." -GeoAg

l.jpg