bornontheblue

Corona Virus - How bad is it going to be?

Accept It: COVID Will Be an Endemic Virus

Beyond only colleges, heavily vaccinated cities such as San Francisco continue to implement restrictions, such as indoor mask mandates for the vaccinated. Again, at some point in the next decade, the virus will likely meet all the people in San Francisco. If they wear surgical masks for the next 6, 12, or 18 months, eventually they will fatigue, and the virus will be there when they do. The odds of getting very sick won't change for most people, so what is the goal of delaying the encounter if local hospitals aren't stressed?

Acceptance means reminding ourselves that the things we have put on hold -- dinners, parties, lectures, meetings, museums, restaurants, travel, weddings, and so on -- can't be put on hold forever. And avoiding all these activities in pursuit of health means giving up living in order to stay alive.

Acceptance is coming -- that's the true end of the pandemic. COVID-19 won't vanish as some may have believed early on. Instead, some pockets of the U.S. will continue to have caseload increases, some hospitals may get overloaded and local measures may be necessary, but the virus is not going away and the burden is on us to come to terms with that. Each of us has to decide how much life we are willing to trade to delay our time to meet the virus.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Del Scorcho said:

my friend passed away early this morning from COVID. He was put on a ventilator a few weeks back, but never could bounce back. He leaves a spouse and four kids.

:(

I’m so sorry to hear this. My condolences.

23 hours ago, Del Scorcho said:

my friend passed away early this morning from COVID. He was put on a ventilator a few weeks back, but never could bounce back. He leaves a spouse and four kids.

:(

Same thing happened with an old high school buddy earlier this week. He passed after being in a coma for 3 weeks. Mid-30s, 4 very young kids. 

I just got word that my best friend's business partner died this morning after being in a coma for 4 weeks. Wife and a newborn. 

Get vaccinated. This doesn't have to keep happening.

• Sad 5

"BYU is like a 4-year-long church dance with 20,000 chaperones all waiting for you to forget to shave one morning so they can throw you out." -GeoAg

l.jpg

3 hours ago, Naggsty Butler said:

Get vaccinated. This doesn't have to keep happening.

Naggsty, not just you but I thought this would be a good segue...

Curious, of those Americans who haven't been vaccinated, what percentage refuse based upon "political ideology"?

I'm guessing 70+%.

• Like 1

22 hours ago, bsu_alum9 said:

Quarantining is "optional" for those who are of low risk, have zero symptoms, and around other low risk people?    Say it isn't so!

• Like 1

Reading where anti vaxers are telling each other NOT to go to hospitals when they are sick. They're preaching cocktails of things like ivermectin and aerosolized hydrogen peroxide.

Also telling how to get people released from ICUs.

I say hey, go for it. Stop burdening hospitals.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.nbcnews.com/news/amp/rcna2233

• Like 3

One of the Final Five..........

6 minutes ago, mysfit said:

Reading where anti vaxers are telling each other NOT to go to hospitals when they are sick. They're preaching cocktails of things like ivermectin and aerosolized hydrogen peroxide.

Also telling how to get people released from ICUs.

I say hey, go for it. Stop burdening hospitals.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.nbcnews.com/news/amp/rcna2233

This is the best news I've heard in awhile.  The faster we can speed up the self-darwins, the faster the normal humans can move forward.

49 minutes ago, renoskier said:

Naggsty, not just you but I thought this would be a good segue...

Curious, of those Americans who haven't been vaccinated, what percentage refuse based upon "political ideology"?

I'm guessing 70+%.

https://www.usnews.com/news/the-report/articles/2021-07-23/coronavirus-vaccines-highlight-a-deadly-political-divide

YouGov, another polling operation, asked a similar question this month about the COVID vaccine. Nearly a third (32%) of Republicans believe the vaccine is a tool for the government to implant microchips, compared to 14% of Democrats and 18% of independents who ascribe to the bizarre (and dangerous) theory. About two-thirds (65%) of Democrats and less than a third (32%) of Republicans believe the theory is "definitely false."

The nonpartisan Kaiser Family Foundation found that 75% of Democrats have already been vaccinated; just 41% of Republicans said the same. Blue states are more likely to have tighter mask or vaccines rules; colleges that require vaccination, for example, are more likely to be located in states President Joe Biden won last November, KFF reports.

https://www.politico.com/news/2021/06/05/partisan-divide-vaccinations-491947

The partisan divide in Covid-19 vaccinations is becoming starker as the nation inches toward President Joe Biden’s goal of providing at least one shot to 70 percent of adults by July 4, complicating efforts to reach the unvaccinated in areas still vulnerable to virus outbreaks.

All but one of the 39 congressional districts where at least 60 percent of residents have received a coronavirus shot are represented by Democrats, according to a Harvard University analysis that presents one of the most detailed looks yet at the partisan split behind the nation’s diverging vaccination drive. By contrast, Republicans represent all but two of the 30 districts where fewer than one-third of residents have received a shot.

• Like 2