bornontheblue

Corona Virus - How bad is it going to be?

3 hours ago, soupslam1 said:

Heading down to get tested for Covid in half an hour. Developed symptoms over the weekend after our recent visit to see our grandkids after two years Labor Day weekend. Also went to the football game Friday. My symptoms are significant chest pressure and shortness of breath/ coughing. 

My wife has bad cold and coughing. So far nothing too severe. Both of us are vaccinated. We’ll see what the testing says. It won’t surprise me if it’s positive, but hope it’s negative. 

Best of luck, here's to hoping that they both come back negative. 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, bornontheblue said:

I have been home working all last week and all this week because I got Covid. I am fully vaccinated too. I missed the UTEP game, and I might have to miss the Oklahoma State Game. I guess I am supposed to quarantine for 10 days since the symptoms first started. 

For me it was fever, an overall feeling of crappiness, a slight cough, and feeling very tired. 

I take it you are feeling mostly better now?

3 hours ago, soupslam1 said:

Heading down to get tested for Covid in half an hour. Developed symptoms over the weekend after our recent visit to see our grandkids after two years Labor Day weekend. Also went to the football game Friday. My symptoms are significant chest pressure and shortness of breath/ coughing. 

My wife has bad cold and coughing. So far nothing too severe. Both of us are vaccinated. We’ll see what the testing says. It won’t surprise me if it’s positive, but hope it’s negative. 

I had your same symptoms starting Thursday and today is the first day my chest isn't hurting and I can take full breaths. Still hacking up a bit of lung butter though. I knew it was covid before I tested positive because I've never experienced those symptoms before. I hope you and wifey have it as mild as I did and you turn around quick. 

• Like 1

I think, therefore I'm.

Veronica Wolski, the QAnon adherent whose recent hospitalization made her a cause celebre for the controversial medication ivermectin, died in the intensive care unit of AMITA Health Resurrection Medical Center early Monday, a hospital spokeswoman said. She was 64.

Wolski’s cause of death was pneumonia due to COVID-19 infection with hypothyroidism as a contributing factor, a spokeswoman for the Cook County medical examiner’s office said Monday morning. The manner of death was natural.

For more than a week, her supporters had besieged Resurrection with demands that Wolski be given ivermectin. The medication is typically used to treat diseases caused by parasitic worms, but has been hailed as a COVID-19 cure by some despite a lack of definitive scientific proof or government authorization.

The hospital said last week that its doctors and clinicians, following the guidance of the Food and Drug Administration and the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, do not use ivermectin for COVID-19 cases. The hospital had declined to comment on Wolski’s diagnosis, citing federal privacy laws.

Over the weekend, some of Wolski’s supporters tried to get the hospital to discharge her. A video posted Sunday night to the Telegram channel of right-wing attorney Lin Wood shows him demanding over the phone that the hospital release Wolski to a person holding her medical power of attorney.

https://news.yahoo.com/veronica-wolski-chicago-woman-center-144200146.html

cerified_Subarus.jpg

44 minutes ago, CPslograd said:

Earlier you had mentioned that your kids were vaccine hesitant.  I'm curious did the fact that you got a breakthrough case that wasn't severe change their opinion or reinforce it?

If you think it's none of my business, I understand completely, and apologize if it's an inappropriate question for me to be asking.

Not inappropriate at all. The weird thing with my kids is that they don’t minimize the dangers of Covid or doubt the efficacy of the vaccines against Covid. They took my infection in stride because they knew that, because I was vaccinated, my case would likely be mild. They are just absolute wing nuts about vaccines in general. They fear that, while the vaccine may be effective against Covid, it may have dire as yet unknown side effects. Add in some conspiracy theorizing and an almost knee jerk reaction about maintaining “health autonomy.” I have no understanding of how they ended up this way. 

• Like 2

Thay Haif Said: Quhat Say Thay? Lat Thame Say

1 hour ago, tailingpermit said:

After visiting the high risk MIL over the Labor Day weekend we did hit Animal Kingdom and Epcot last Tuesday.  The parks are pretty dead right now as people are waiting for the start of the 50th Anniversary, so we felt safe.

Still no mask requirement outdoors, but very strict indoors.

Was nice being able to check off all the rides with little to no wait times.

I have two friends who have gone to check out Galaxy's Edge at Disney and I'm jonesin' to do the same. They both said the same thing - light crowds, little wait time (with one exception).

St-Javelin-Sm.jpgChase.jpg 

1 hour ago, NVGiant said:

Man, the Padres season arc has been absolutely brutal. Struggling and injured, and that was even before playing Giants-Dodgers 19 times in September. That is rough.

It's almost as if you feel our pain as SD sports fans. Brutal is our thing. :facepalm:

• Cheers 1

1 minute ago, TheSanDiegan said:

I have two friends who have gone to check out Galaxy's Edge at Disney and I'm jonesin' to do the same. They both said the same thing - light crowds, little wait time (with one exception).

Yeah, even "Rise to the Resistance" which is reservation only has still had openings by closing time.

The Star Wars Hotel is completed on the outside, it's my Lady that geeks out over that stuff but I'll be honest the concept drawings looked pretty cool.

• Like 1

Just now, tailingpermit said:

Yeah, even "Rise to the Resistance" which is reservation only has still had openings by closing time.

The Star Wars Hotel is completed on the outside, it's my Lady that geeks out over that stuff but I'll be honest the concept drawings looked pretty cool.

That was the one exception. My last friend to go said that you be nails with your app game to submit the reservation request in time for the privilege to hurry up and wait.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, TheSanDiegan said:

That was the one exception. My last friend to go said that you be nails with your app game to submit the reservation request in time for the privilege to hurry up and wait.

I believe that's due to park closures during Covid, DW was only closed for 4 months.

It was like that here 4 or 5 months ago.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Old_SD_Dude said:

Not inappropriate at all. The weird thing with my kids is that they don’t minimize the dangers of Covid or doubt the efficacy of the vaccines against Covid. They took my infection in stride because they knew that, because I was vaccinated, my case would likely be mild. They are just absolute wing nuts about vaccines in general. They fear that, while the vaccine may be effective against Covid, it may have dire as yet unknown side effects. Add in some conspiracy theorizing and an almost knee jerk reaction about maintaining “health autonomy.” I have no understanding of how they ended up this way. 

People in Washington are like that. Left, right, middle. Maybe not all quite as hesitant as "wing nuts" but wing nuts are definitely in the overall spectrum of feelings about vaccine which includes a LOT of hesitancy. it's real weird.

• Like 3

Remember that every argument you have with someone on MWCboard is actually the continuation of a different argument they had with someone else also on MWCboard. 

1 hour ago, ClevelandBrown said:

I had your same symptoms starting Thursday and today is the first day my chest isn't hurting and I can take full breaths. Still hacking up a bit of lung butter though. I knew it was covid before I tested positive because I've never experienced those symptoms before. I hope you and wifey have it as mild as I did and you turn around quick. 

Same here. My wife thought I might have heart burn, but I told her it was 100% different. Felt like someone sitting on my chest. It started a few days ago and feels somewhat better today. I still can’t take a deep breath without coughing a lot. If this is as bad as it gets, knock on wood, it won’t be an issue.

In some respects if it’s this mild I almost hope the test is positive as it will give us some additional bit of immunity. Although the ten day quarantine period sucks because I’ll miss going to the Okie State-BSU game next Saturday. 

The bad thing about this virus is you don’t know if it’s going to be mild or kill you. Even though it’s a lot more dangerous to older compromised individuals, there are perfectly healthy young people that have died from it too. 

The other bad thing is you never know who you can catch it from. If they had an x on their forehead at least you could avoid them. 

4 minutes ago, soupslam1 said:

The bad think about this virus is you don’t know if it’s going to be mild or kill you. Even though it’s a lot more dangerous to older compromised individuals, there are perfectly healthy young people that have died from it too. 

The other bad thing is you never know who you can catch it from. If they had an x on their forehead at least you could avoid them. 

Well, the one good thing is we now know neither of these two is soupslam…

2DAC6D94-0670-44F8-9CD9-2D59956A5A6E.jpeg

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

21 minutes ago, soupslam1 said:

The bad think about this virus is you don’t know if it’s going to be mild or kill you. Even though it’s a lot more dangerous to older compromised individuals, there are perfectly healthy young people that have died from it too. 

I tested positive on my birthday last year. It was a very nerve wracking couple days wondering whether I would be alive a few weeks later. After 2 days of a very mild fever with no cough or SoB it was clear I was lucky, but then I had another nerve wracking several days as my wife declined and was hospitalized, although about 36 hours in to her hospitalization it became clear she was going to recover.

But those first couple days after a positive are very scary, wouldn’t wish that on anybody. Hope you and your wife recover quickly and this becomes nothing more then a “booster” of sorts for the both of you.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Old_SD_Dude said:

With >1B people being vaccinated now since the beginning of the year we’d see these dreaded side effects by now if they actually existed.  Again, 100+ years of vaccine experience tells us that there’s no precedent for adverse reactions beyond 2-3 months.  Not a single one.  It’s a single payload (guess 2 for Pfizer/Moderna) that is expelled from the body after a very short period of time, and even shorter with mRNA.  It’s not like a medication that accumulates over months and years with the risk of causing long term reactions.  I will never understand this line of thinking.  With folks like that you just have to hope they don’t get a severe case WHEN they contract the virus, because ultimately odds are they will.  Hopefully your kids are young and healthy with no risk factors.

• Cheers 2

v0icAvfW.jpg

2 hours ago, soupslam1 said:

That has been the oddity about this virus - some it barely affects other than some sniffles...........others it hammers