bornontheblue

Corona Virus - How bad is it going to be?

26 minutes ago, mugtang said:

Idaho is now rationing medical care in the panhandle because of "muh freedom my body my choice (except abortion)" antivaxxer phucktards.

I know a shitty gunsmith who moved out of SD during the pandemic to relocate to Montana. Stopped by a couple days before he bolted as was 100% convinced the whole thing was a hoax. 

I imagine he's in a two-room hospital in a one-horse town somewhere now, not f*cking up other people's guns.

St-Javelin-Sm.jpgChase.jpg 

33 minutes ago, mugtang said:

Idaho is now rationing medical care in the panhandle because of "muh freedom my body my choice (except abortion)" antivaxxer phucktards.

Fn front range tards. :facepalm:

Screen-Shot-2021-09-07-at-12-09-09-PM.pn

Screen-Shot-2021-09-07-at-12-09-52-PM.pn

Who'd have thought Montana was the smartest state of the three? :hmmm:

St-Javelin-Sm.jpgChase.jpg 

15 minutes ago, Bob said:

Literally the most retarded and douchiest thing I've seen in ages.

do you read your own covid takes?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Downvote 1

Remember that every argument you have with someone on MWCboard is actually the continuation of a different argument they had with someone else also on MWCboard. 

28 minutes ago, happycamper said:

this isn't an argument. this is a graphic

I think Bob just wanted to show off his Powerpoint skills.

• Cheers 2

In the beginning the Universe was created.
This has made a lot of people very angry and been widely regarded as a bad move.

Just now, Bob said:

I know I'm on the right track intellectually and morally when I get such an overwhelming and varied negative reaction from those that have reacted to this post. Thanks, guys!

Yeah because nothing says "right track" like being completely alone. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Thay Haif Said: Quhat Say Thay? Lat Thame Say

1 hour ago, Bob said:

I know I'm on the right track intellectually and morally when I get such an overwhelming and varied negative reaction from those that have reacted to this post. Thanks, guys!

I didnt realize complimenting your PP skills was a negative.

Your poor guy.  Such low self esteem.

This has made a lot of people very angry and been widely regarded as a bad move.

Cases among children appear to be rising rapidly, though serious illness among them fortunately still seems to be rare.

Children now represent more than a quarter -- or 26.8% -- of weekly Covid-19 cases nationwide, according to data released Tuesday from the American Academy of Pediatrics (AAP).

The update comes as schools across the US have been in session or are getting into full swing. Experts have encouraged adults to get vaccinated to protect young children returning to the classroom.

"If we want to protect the children, particularly those who are not yet eligible for vaccination, you want to surround the children with people who are vaccinated -- teachers, school personnel, everyone else," Dr. Anthony Fauci, director of the National Institute of Allergy and Infectious Diseases, said Tuesday.

Some 251,781 child cases of Covid-19 were reported in the past week (August 26-September 2). That number represents more than a quarter of the 939,470 cases total that were reported over that period.

In each of the previous two weeks, children represented about 22% of the weekly reported cases. The definition of a child varies by state but generally includes those up to age 17 or 18.

"After declining in early summer, child cases have increased exponentially, with over 750,000 cases added between August 5 and September 2," the AAP's data said.

https://www.wral.com/coronavirus/this-labor-day-saw-300-more-new-covid-19-cases-on-average-than-last-year/19862011/

My kids' school had two infections last week, one in third grade and one in fifth grade. The fifth grade one is what got my kid sent home last week. We got them in for PCR testing, but we still haven't gotten the results back, and they can't go back to school until we do. They had three negative antigen home tests though. 

This right here is pure theater in Australia. There is no reason for these guys to be dressed this way or to sanitize this way.

If we're going to follow the science then we should admit where officials are being ridiculously overcautious.

FB_IMG_1631109314575.jpg

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

17 minutes ago, CV147 said:

This right here is pure theater in Australia. There is no reason for these guys to be dressed this way or to sanitize this way.

If we're going to follow the science then we should admit where officials are being ridiculously overcautious.

FB_IMG_1631109314575.jpg

Silly stuff, but I think plenty on here have criticized the more performative things (masks in restaurants!). That said, Australia can do Australia. 

14 minutes ago, NVGiant said:

Silly stuff, but I think plenty on here have criticized the more performative things (masks in restaurants!). That said, Australia can do Australia. 

True. Was it here I read that they should put restaurant tables in classrooms, so the kids could unmask as soon as they sat down?

• Like 1

Australia's vaccination rate is 31%, and the AFL has moved the Grand Final (their Super Bowl) from its traditional home at the Melbourne Cricket Ground for the 2nd straight year.  This year it will be in Perth, whose isolation (2000 miles from, well, anything) has helped with mitigation, so there will be fans in the stands.

A Florida judge ruled against Gov. Ron Desantis on Wednesday and allowed schools in the state to mandate face-masks while the case is appealed at a higher level.

The ruling from Second Circuit Judge John Cooper, effective immediately, means the state of Florida must stop enforcement of banning mask mandates -- which ends sanctions against several school districts who have implemented such mandates.