bornontheblue

Corona Virus - How bad is it going to be?

1 hour ago, thelawlorfaithful said:

Peace be on him on his. +++++ the ghoulish reporter that couldn’t wait to find some rando who died to make an example of him. Lying in wait to highlight a man’s death doesn’t do anything to convince anyone to get the shot. It just makes those who want people to choose to protect themselves look like assholes.

Grave dancing, it's gross.

Not sure what makes @UNLV2001 giddier, when a bunch of kids get shot, or when anti vaxer's with kids die.  Lots of board democrats get boners when either happens.  They love dead kids and dead dads.  

• Cheers 1

2 minutes ago, thelawlorfaithful said:

Peace be on him on his. +++++ the ghoulish reporter that couldn’t wait to find some rando who died to make an example of him. Lying in wait to highlight a man’s death doesn’t do anything to convince anyone to get the shot. It just makes those who want people to choose to protect themselves look like assholes.

I agree with your overall thought on the ghoulish reporter.  But it is possible it will convince others to get the vaccine.  Life and death stuff is not pretty, nice, or politically correct.

6 minutes ago, thelawlorfaithful said:

3 minutes ago, halfmanhalfbronco said:

Grave dancing, it's gross.

Not sure what makes @UNLV2001 giddier, when a bunch of kids get shot, or when anti vaxer's with kids die.  Lot's of board democrats get boners when either happens.  They love dead kids and dead dads.  

Hey, if this guy keeling over at 39 doesn't move the needle on the anti-vac crowd, they run the risks - My sympathy is zero 

Can't cure stupid can you HMHB 

1 minute ago, UNLV2001 said:

Hey, if this guy keeling over at 39 doesn't move the needle on the anti-vac crowd, they run the risks - My sympathy is zero 

Stop being so happy about it.  You can hardly contain your glee.

2 minutes ago, Billings said:

I agree with your overall thought on the ghoulish reporter.  But it is possible it will convince others to get the vaccine.  Life and death stuff is not pretty, nice, or politically correct.

Let's see...........the guy wasn't mysteriously infected after taking precautions...........the guy was out vacationing, doing his thing, and at the 11th hour he decides he might have gotten the vaccine ?!?!

Ok, guy :shrug: 

6 minutes ago, halfmanhalfbronco said:

Remove see and replace with masturbate at the thought of and spot on.

You get your guns out, I'll get the obituaries out and together was can have one hell of a circle jerk !!! 

daffy duck masturbation GIF

24 minutes ago, Billings said:

Not being politically correct is fine. Being politically stupid is not. Pointing at some poor guy and his suffering family is politically stupid. It comes off as craven, wicked. It’s not that the unvaccinated can’t do math and look at the data, it’s that they can and do. They’re not stupid. They just weigh the risks differently.

Smallpox had a mortality rate in outbreaks around .6 a few hundred years ago. When Covid got here novelly last March, without any known effective treatments, it’s mortality rate was around .025. The mortality rate for the flu in a given year is .001. The mortality rate for children currently in the pandemic is .00008. The unvaccinated can comprehend these numbers better than the vaccinated from what I’ve been seeing.

I want them to get vaccinated. The vaccines work. They are safe. They are the greatest miracle of government and private business cooperation in my lifetime. But picking out some dead guy and saying “see, look! Do you want to be this dummy?!!!” does nothing. If you want to persuade people, I don’t care how politically correct people are, just don’t be dumb.

• Like 1

We’re all sitting in the dugout. Thinking we should pitch. How you gonna throw a shutout when all you do is bitch.

21 minutes ago, UNLV2001 said:

It won’t. So spare us the sad :unsure: about his kids. You’re not helping. 

We’re all sitting in the dugout. Thinking we should pitch. How you gonna throw a shutout when all you do is bitch.

1 minute ago, thelawlorfaithful said:

Not being politically correct is fine. Being politically stupid is not. Pointing at some poor guy and suffering family is politically stupid. It comes off as craven, wicked. It’s not that the unvaccinated can’t do math and look at the data, it’s that they can and do. They’re not stupid. They just weigh the risks differently.

Smallpox had a mortality rate in outbreaks around .6 a few hundred years ago. When Covid got here novelly last March, without any known effective treatments, it’s mortality rate was around .025. The mortality rate for the flu in a given year is .001. The mortality rate for children currently in the pandemic is .00008. The unvaccinated can comprehend these numbers better than the vaccinated from what I’ve been seeing.

I want them to get vaccinated. The vaccines work. They are safe. They are the greatest miracle of government and private business cooperation in my lifetime. But picking out some dead guy and saying “see, look! Do you want to be this dummy?!!!” does nothing. If you want to persuade people, I don’t care how politically correct people are, just don’t be dumb.

Which is why this pandemic will be with us for years...........there's enough people that will allow themselves to be the vehicle for new variations to arise 

1 minute ago, UNLV2001 said:

Which is why this pandemic will be with us for years...........there's enough people that will allow themselves to be the vehicle for new variations to arise 

There are 8 billion people in this world. It might take a decade to provide vaccines to all who want them, if they’re given the choice. That’s why the pandemic will be with us for years. The delta variant didn’t come from Marjorie Taylor Greene’s stupid head.

If you want more people to get vaccinated, stop talking about it. Because you suck at persuading anyone and are being actively unhelpful. You, personally, are making things worse for giggles on the mwboard. At least bob only makes himself look bad.

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, thelawlorfaithful said:

Not being politically correct is fine. Being politically stupid is not. Pointing at some poor guy and suffering family is politically stupid. It comes off as craven, wicked. It’s not that the unvaccinated can’t do math and look at the data, it’s that they can and do. They’re not stupid. They just weigh the risks differently.

It isn't just about mortality rate.  Hospitalization rates, long term neurological damage, lung and heart damage, etc  all have to be factored in.   We are seeing cancer and other patients have surgeries delayed again due to covid.  The collateral damage is high when all the hospital beds are full, and they are filling quickly again.  I also suspect the mortality rate will change with the delta variant.  

I will say the vaccination rate is climbing agin, for whatever reason and that is a good thing.

• Like 2

Just now, Billings said:

It isn't just about mortality rate.  Hospitalization rates, long term neurological damage, lung and heart damage, etc  all have to be factored in.   We are seeing cancer and other patients have surgeries delayed again due to covid.  The collateral damage is high when all the hospital beds are full, and they are filling quickly again.  I also suspect the mortality rate will change with the delta variant.  

I will say the vaccination rate is climbing agin and it is probably due to stories like this and people watching their friends and family get sick again.

Ok, give me the numbers and factor those things in. Abstract statements about other potential problems don’t do anything. The hospitals were never overrun on a wide scale when we didn’t have a vaccine, and the hospitalization numbers are greatly reduced now that we do. You cannot scare monger, now that things are getting better, people who weren’t that scared to begin with. They see those numbers too.

Hammer the point. The vaccines work. Get it. +++++ the masks. Go live your lives. That’s all anybody should have been saying for months now.

• Like 1

Just now, thelawlorfaithful said:

There are 8 billion people in this world. It might take a decade to provide vaccines to all who want them, if they’re given the choice. That’s why the pandemic will be with us for years. The delta variant didn’t come from Marjorie Taylor Greene’s stupid head.

If you want more people to get vaccinated, stop talking about it. Because you suck at persuading anyone and are being actively unhelpful. You, personally, are making things worse for giggles on the mwboard. At least bob only makes himself look bad.

Don't think the vast reach of this board really affects the worldwide numbers of those contemplating to vaccinate or not, so my posts, (while I appreciate your thoughts that I have the power to sway the masses :)) probably aren't really reaching that many who fall into the "Should I or shouldn't I" vaccinate !

As for your thirst for "giggles" ...might I suggest you hone in on my humorous & science related postings, that have the ability to amuse & create thought provoking dialog and ignore the posts that rankle your sensitivities & overall giddiness :banhammer: