bornontheblue

Corona Virus - How bad is it going to be?

10 minutes ago, modestobulldog said:

My ex-wife's husband is in the hospital right now from what seemed to be a flu, he passed out when vomiting. Anyway, they tested them at the hospital for covid, any tested positive even though he's already been vaccinated a couple months. I know the vaccine is not 100%, I guess this guy is just the outlier.

Anybody find it interesting with less testing, we now have less cases?

A perfect example of the 90% real world efficacy. The vaccination doesn't provide unicorn immunity, but rather just another layer of protection.

Where does he live? We are fortunate to more-or-less have reached herd immunity levels here in San Diego, but many places still have less than half their genpop vac'd, which means there are still a sufficient number of transmission vectors within those communities to keep spreading the virus.

I also think one's "immunity" is in part a function of their exposure - gets expose to a greater viral load, and you're more like to get sick. Spend more time around more C19+ people, and the probability of getting exposed to a greater viral load increases...

As far as the case numbers? Sure it's in part a function of testing, and fewer tests will turn fewer cases, obviously, but the key metric is the infection rate.

St-Javelin-Sm.jpgChase.jpg 

3 hours ago, TheSanDiegan said:

Where does he live? 

As far as the case numbers? Sure it's in part a function of testing, and fewer tests will turn fewer cases, obviously, but the key metric is the infection rate.

Modesto.

So Trump was right?

110926run_defense710.jpg

3 hours ago, modestobulldog said:

Modesto.

So Trump was right?

Hardly. He said that increased numbers from lsat year were due solely to an increase in testing, which if you read my post (have someone explain it to you if you don't quite get it), is not what I said whatsoever.

And you conveniently glossed over 90% of the causality I covered in my last post. Vaccination rates? Positivity rates? 

Let me help you...

The vaccination rate for Stanilaus County is shit. Dog shit, horse shit, whatever... it sucks. The inbred nuthuggery of your locality has translated into a vaccination rate below 50%, with only about 3.5 in 10 people fully vaccinated. Compare that to a rate of nearly 80% vac rate in San Diego County, in which nearly 7 in 10 people are fully vaccinated - twice as many as a function of the population then in your neck of the woods sticks.

So how does that impact positivity rate? Pretty f*cking drastically. Your positivity rate is floating damn near 3%, nearly five times greater than our rolling average of .6%.

Now think about that... even though our county has a population five times of yours with a population density almost twice that of yours (680 ppl per sq. mile vs. 363 pulper square mile), your infection rate is nearly five times higher than ours is.

So in short, your ex's husband got infected because you have more idiots and fewer reasonable, science- and fact-driven people in your population. Full stop.

Side question: Why do you nut huggers grasp a handful of orange pubes to cling on to when the books are in and the history has been written?

1 hour ago, TheSanDiegan said:

Hardly. He said that increased numbers from lsat year were due solely to an increase in testing, which if you read my post (have someone explain it to you if you don't quite get it), is not what I said whatsoever.

And you conveniently glossed over 90% of the causality I covered in my last post. Vaccination rates? Positivity rates? 

Let me help you...

The vaccination rate for Stanilaus County is shit. Dog shit, horse shit, whatever... it sucks. The inbred nuthuggery of your locality has translated into a vaccination rate below 50%, with only about 3.5 in 10 people fully vaccinated. Compare that to a rate of nearly 80% vac rate in San Diego County, in which nearly 7 in 10 people are fully vaccinated - twice as many as a function of the population then in your neck of the woods sticks.

So how does that impact positivity rate? Pretty f*cking drastically. Your positivity rate is floating damn near 3%, nearly five times greater than our rolling average of .6%.

Now think about that... even though our county has a population five times of yours with a population density almost twice that of yours (680 ppl per sq. mile vs. 363 pulper square mile), your infection rate is nearly five times higher than ours is.

So in short, your ex's husband got infected because you have more idiots and fewer reasonable, science- and fact-driven people in your population. Full stop.

Side question: Why do you nut huggers grasp a handful of orange pubes to cling on to when the books are in and the history has been written?

Curiosity got the best of me, I went back and perused, Stanislaus County is 50% Hispanic / Latino / Black.  Care to retract your clearly racist ass-umption / bigotry?

• Like 1
110926run_defense710.jpg

17 minutes ago, modestobulldog said:

Curiosity got the best of me, I went back and perused, Stanislaus County is 50% Hispanic / Latino / Black.  Care to retract your clearly racist ass-umption / bigotry?

Are you trying to say that Hispanic/Latino/Black people can't be rural americans?

Remember that every argument you have with someone on MWCboard is actually the continuation of a different argument they had with someone else also on MWCboard. 

4 hours ago, modestobulldog said:

That too many people in Stanislaus County are f*cking retarded for their vaccine hesitancy? Nah...

However, you on the other hand seem to associate diphititude with racial minorities. Maybe it's time to check in with HR for some sensitivity training. :hmmm:

FWIW, here's a study from which vaccine hesitancy can be inferred, and you don't really see enough of a delta to validate a claim that the piss-poor vaccination rates in your shithole county are due to racial demographics:

9627-FIgure-1-1.png?resize=800,450

Vaccine hesitancy has, however, been shown to be strongly correlated to political partisanship (no surprise there):

Screen-Shot-2021-06-17-at-8-27-28-PM.png

So given the available data, it is clearly more likely the hesitancy is due to dumb partisan nuthuggery than to someone's race.

TLDR: You suck at this. :ph34r:

46 minutes ago, Joe from WY said:

Interesting article here. I had never even heard of this.

https://taibbi.substack.com/p/why-has-ivermectin-become-a-dirty

I don't really get this. Therapeutics don't come from word of mouth and sharing ideas on social media. They come from case studies to meta analysis to actual clinical trials. Obviously we didn't have the time for full fledged clinical trials, but there was enough evidence showing this anti-parasitic didn't have any benefit against a virus, that there was no need to spend more resources on that therapy. But some egos can't be proven wrong so they started spouting on social media and got shut down.

9 minutes ago, soupslam1 said:

Well isn’t that cheerful news. You mean staying at home and wearing a mask for a year and getting vaccinated didn’t do shit? 

Not sure you grasp how these things happen..........as the virus spreads to various hosts (people) it mutates, and keeps mutating ..............so the odds are the virus is spreading more thru people who are not taking precautions & vaccinations, leaving the door open for the mutations to possible become deadlier.

Now, maybe, with this new variant, the unvaccinated will get hit first & harder than the vaccinated, but while the virus feasts on the deniers it will also continue to mutate (evolve) and could even become worse for everyone, even the vaccinated 

With any luck, those who opt out of the vaccine will be removed from the general population, which might allow the more virulent variant to eventually die off as it has killed off most of its hosts leaving the remaining population more immune to the viral variants !! 

• Confused 1

33 minutes ago, UNLV2001 said:

Not sure you grasp how these things happen..........as the virus spreads to various hosts (people) it mutates, and keeps mutating ..............so the odds are the virus is spreading more thru people who are not taking precautions & vaccinations, leaving the door open for the mutations to possible become deadlier.

Now, maybe, with this new variant, the unvaccinated will get hit first & harder than the vaccinated, but while the virus feasts on the deniers it will also continue to mutate (evolve) and could even become worse for everyone, even the vaccinated 

With any luck, those who opt out of the vaccine will be removed from the general population, which might allow the more virulent variant to eventually die off as it has killed off most of its hosts leaving the remaining population more immune to the viral variants !! 

You need to let this go. It’s over. It’s not good for you to hope that millions of people die of disease.

• Like 2

We’re all sitting in the dugout. Thinking we should pitch. How you gonna throw a shutout when all you do is bitch.