bornontheblue

Corona Virus - How bad is it going to be?

3 minutes ago, Joe from WY said:

I asked one of my best friends once who did a few tours in afghanistan/Iraq, "What was it like being over there?" and he looked at me and said "Imagine being in the middle of the desert with no running water, no electricity, nothing, and you're stuck there with the stupidest +++++ing people you've ever met in your whole life."

That makes a lot more sense when you read things like the anti-vax cop biting it for well, being an anti-vaxxer.

We are typically the write-off and bottom-rumg sect of America.  The fact there aren't more is surprising and thankful for.

• Haha 2

17 minutes ago, Maynard Delecto said:

Damn that sucks for her. We've had a few pts faint after the 10s of thousands of vaccines we've administered so far. Every single one didn't eat that day before receiving the immunization and also had severe anxiety from needles.

On 4/3/2020 at 5:40 PM, CPslograd said:

In defense of Trump, Pelosi, Coumo, Diblasio and the rest.  They were just parroting the experts.

https://www.realclearpolitics.com/articles/2020/04/03/virus_experts_early_statements_belie_prescient_portrayal_142845.html

Bumping this post.  Few remember just how mixed the messaging was from those entrusted to guide us.

2 hours ago, halfmanhalfbronco said:

Bumping this post.  Few remember just how mixed the messaging was from those entrusted to guide us.

I think that may be the only thing we’ll remember about them. They sucked all year long.

We’re all sitting in the dugout. Thinking we should pitch. How you gonna throw a shutout when all you do is bitch.

18 hours ago, soupslam1 said:

I want to ask a few dumb questions. So what’s the consensus? The Chinese scientists phucked up in the lab and the virus escaped? Why are the Chinese dabbling in making a dangerous virus in the first place? 

There is no consensus. The lab leak hypothesis and the natural origin hypothesis remain as viable as they ever were.

Because SARS was a dangerous pandemic and it was hoped studying coronaviruses would be helpful in combatting a future pandemic. We gave them money to do so, though maybe not with the implicit knowledge they’d be developing more dangerous strains. Such research funding was banned by the Obama admin, with some loopholes.

We’re all sitting in the dugout. Thinking we should pitch. How you gonna throw a shutout when all you do is bitch.

3 hours ago, thelawlorfaithful said:

There is no consensus. The lab leak hypothesis and the natural origin hypothesis remain as viable as they ever were.

Because SARS was a dangerous pandemic and it was hoped studying coronaviruses would be helpful in combatting a future pandemic. We gave them money to do so, though maybe not with the implicit knowledge they’d be developing more dangerous strains. Such research funding was banned by the Obama admin, with some loopholes.

Consensus is China is serious asshoe.  It was discovered they had identified 8 different corona viruses that could infect humans from the now famous mine and kept them secret to the world, and that they were indeed studying various methods of gain of function.  And then that they started destroying records in late September 2019, shortly before the virus broke out in the general public in Wuhan.  It is known China refuses to cooperate and is acting like they have something to hide.  

Because China is ashoe, we will never know with 100% certainty what the truth is. However one theory has the preponderance of circumstantial evidence currently supporting it.

• Like 2

10 hours ago, halfmanhalfbronco said:

Consensus is China is serious asshoe.  It was discovered they had identified 8 different corona viruses that could infect humans from the now famous mine and kept them secret to the world, and that they were indeed studying various methods of gain of function.  And then that they started destroying records in late September 2019, shortly before the virus broke out in the general public in Wuhan.  It is known China refuses to cooperate and is acting like they have something to hide.  

Because China is ashoe, we will never know with 100% certainty what the truth is. However one theory has the preponderance of circumstantial evidence currently supporting it.

China is asshoe for destroying evidence and covering up a pandemic as it seeded across the world. There is no other level it could be taken to, it’s already at maximum asshoe right there. Barring a highly unlikely intentional release starting with their own people (:blink:), their true sin was not being a society that could warn the world in any way to make a difference. The risky research...I think if we look under the hood we’ll find a lot of labs, not just China, tempting fate. We funded them, including Wuhan. The lies and the coverup is a China is asshoe problem. The research question is a more broad one, and probably one of the reasons the leak hypothesis had to be written off by so many for so long. It’s easy when the murderous, authoritarian, concentration camp running CCP are the bad guys. But when the blame for millions of dead people fall at the doorstep of the good guys, the scientific researchers with clear eyes and love in their hearts, it’s much easier to balk at that or not place responsibility where it lies.

On that point, dear gain of function virologists studying coronaviruses in bats. Remdevisir was a cancer treatment drug. The mRNA vaccines were theoretical shots in the dark that freaking landed on the moon on first launch. The monoclonal antibodies research did rely on studying SARS, but not on improving the virus to do so. With all we’ve been through and all we’ve come up with to combat the pandemic, I have a question...

tenor.gif?itemid=4457028
055206db-8900-49c9-b379-511409db76cc_tex

• Cheers 1

3 minutes ago, thelawlorfaithful said:

China is asshoe for destroying evidence and covering up a pandemic as it seeded across the world. There is no other level it could be taken to, it’s already at maximum asshoe right there. Barring a highly unlikely intentional release starting with their own people (:blink:), their true sin was not being a society that could warn the world in any way to make a difference. The risky research...I think if we look under the hood we’ll find a lot of labs, not just China, tempting fate. We funded them, including Wuhan. The lies and the coverup is a China is asshoe problem. The research question is a more broad one, and probably one of the reasons the leak hypothesis had to be written off by so many for so long. It’s easy when the murderous, authoritarian, concentration camp running CCP are the bad guys. But when the blame for millions of dead people fall at the doorstep of the good guys, the scientific researchers with clear eyes and love in their hearts, it’s much easier to balk at that or not place responsibility where it lies.

On that point, dear gain of function virologists studying coronaviruses in bats. Remdevisir was a cancer treatment drug. The mRNA vaccines were theoretical shots in the dark that freaking landed on the moon on first launch. The monoclonal antibodies research did rely on studying SARS, but not on improving the virus to do so. With all we’ve been through and all we’ve come up with to combat the pandemic, I have a question...

tenor.gif?itemid=4457028
055206db-8900-49c9-b379-511409db76cc_tex

Last bit left me dead.

• Cheers 1

5 minutes ago, bsu_alum9 said:

The past never had been altered. Oceania was at war with Eastasia. Oceania had always been at war with Eastasia.

Maynard doesn’t get it.