bornontheblue

Corona Virus - How bad is it going to be?

3 hours ago, BSUTOP25 said:

Same situation with me. All the while I’m trying to convince my Massachusetts born and raised wife to be open to moving back to Idaho. This type of dynamic isn’t going to help my cause. 

If she grew up inside the 495 that will be a tough task.  Even if she goes it might be a short stint.

No bubblers in ID

• Like 1

3 hours ago, East Coast Aztec said:

You have mentioned the Russian Dressing, right?

52 minutes ago, NVGiant said:

FIFY

FIFY

• Haha 1
  • Angry 1

Planning is an exercise of power, and in a modern state much real power is suffused with boredom. The agents of planning are usually boring; the planning process is boring; the implementation of plans is always boring. In a democracy boredom works for bureaucracies and corporations as smell works for skunk. It keeps danger away. Power does not have to be exercised behind the scenes. It can be open. The audience is asleep. The modern world is forged amidst our inattention.

2 hours ago, Maji said:

Eh. Those who've been infected have some degree of protection too. There's some overlap, but...

Also: Even a single dose of the mRNA vaccines is pretty helpful.

Yeah, I think some places are already pretty close to herd immunity (like Vermont), 65% of population has received 1 dose and rising (currently at 0.5% per day).

Meanwhile Mississippi is at 32.5% and has vaccinated 0.5% in the last week (they've already flat lined).  But even there I doubt Covid will be very deadly, because the most vulnerable people have been vaccinated at pretty high rates even there (those <65).  They'll have higher case counts (or people will stop being tested) this fall but it won't effect their elderly too much.

*As long as the vaccine keeps up protection against whatever new variants pop up.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, bsu_alum9 said:

Yeah, I think some places are already pretty close to herd immunity (like Vermont), 65% of population has received 1 dose and rising (currently at 0.5% per day).

Meanwhile Mississippi is at 32.5% and has vaccinated 0.5% in the last week (they've already flat lined).  But even there I doubt Covid will be very deadly, because the most vulnerable people have been vaccinated at pretty high rates even there (those <65).  They'll have higher case counts (or people will stop being tested) this fall but it won't effect their elderly too much.

*As long as the vaccine keeps up protection against whatever new variants pop up.

San Francisco is pretty much there. I was there last weekend and they are averaging something like 20 cases a day now.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, halfmanhalfbronco said:

I mean, it really is looking like at this point gain of function research for coronaviruses from bat populations in a low security lab is far more likely than a bat to human transmission, given the feeble affinity for bat cells.  Bat to intermediary species to human seems far fetched now too.  China has tested some 6000 possible species, and has come up empty.

It came from the lab, guys.  

An L4 lab is like what we would use to identify a pulsating glob that fell from the sky and all the sheep nearby died with exploding eyeballs.  They are about as secure proof as you can get.  An L2 lab....is like gloves and goggles and a lab jacket where you grab beers afterwards and may forget to wash your hands.

The Wuhan Institute of Virology is a L4.

https://www.nature.com/news/inside-the-chinese-lab-poised-to-study-world-s-most-dangerous-pathogens-1.21487

This paper reasons there is an ~83% likelyhood it was leaked from a lab.

https://www.rootclaim.com/analysis/What-is-the-source-of-COVID-19-SARS-CoV-2

1 minute ago, bsu_alum9 said:

The Wuhan institute HAS L4's....

They were doing the gain of function research in an L2, which they ALSO have.

• Like 1

The researchers were not vaccinated against the viruses under study, and they were working in the minimal safety conditions of a BSL2 laboratory.

https://science.thewire.in/the-sciences/origins-of-covid-19-who-opened-pandoras-box-at-wuhan-people-or-nature/

https://nicholaswade.medium.com/origin-of-covid-following-the-clues-6f03564c038

18 hours ago, halfmanhalfbronco said:

The researchers were not vaccinated against the viruses under study, and they were working in the minimal safety conditions of a BSL2 laboratory.

https://science.thewire.in/the-sciences/origins-of-covid-19-who-opened-pandoras-box-at-wuhan-people-or-nature/

https://nicholaswade.medium.com/origin-of-covid-following-the-clues-6f03564c038

In case anyone wants scientific papers published out of the institute in question. From 2016

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC4936131/ 

All experiments using live virus was conducted under biosafety level 2 (BSL2) conditions. 

And from...2020. You can’t make this shit up.

https://jvi.asm.org/content/94/20/e00902-20

MATERIALS AND METHODS

All work with the infectious virus was performed under biosafety level 2 conditions with appropriate personal protection.

• Like 1

We’re all sitting in the dugout. Thinking we should pitch. How you gonna throw a shutout when all you do is bitch.

On 5/17/2021 at 1:47 PM, BSUTOP25 said:

Same situation with me. All the while I’m trying to convince my Massachusetts born and raised wife to be open to moving back to Idaho. This type of dynamic isn’t going to help my cause. 

Come to Florida, we can storm the beaches of Orlando!!!!

• Haha 2

13 minutes ago, Maji said:

Vaccine working it's magic

Lotta businesses still have mask mandates in place here, too.

In the beginning the Universe was created.
This has made a lot of people very angry and been widely regarded as a bad move.

Just get the GD vax already people.

I am so sick and tired of ignorant jackasses pretending this is some hill worth dying for. This is about the community you buttholes. EVERYONE needs everyone to get vaccinated. Those who don't are +++++ing walking petri dishes for the damn virus to MUTATE to something the current vax won't protect against!

Those refusing to get the vax are putting EVERYONE ELSE at risk so +++++ing stop being selfish pricks and get the damn vax already! 

• Like 3

One of the Final Five..........

7 minutes ago, mysfit said:

Just get the GD vax already people.

I am so sick and tired of ignorant jackasses pretending this is some hill worth dying for. This is about the community you buttholes. EVERYONE needs everyone to get vaccinated. Those who don't are +++++ing walking petri dishes for the damn virus to MUTATE to something the current vax won't protect against!

Those refusing to get the vax are putting EVERYONE ELSE at risk so +++++ing stop being selfish pricks and get the damn vax already! 

Why are you always so angry?

• Like 5

v0icAvfW.jpg

Yesterday was my first day back to work after a nice break and we still did 120 vaccines. They said they've been averaging about 100-150 a day so that still encouraging.

Although, I did have a couple grab their completed vaccine card and then take off without receiving the shot... :shrug:

• Haha 1
  • Facepalm 1

1 hour ago, Stealthlobo said:

Yesterday was my first day back to work after a nice break and we still did 120 vaccines. They said they've been averaging about 100-150 a day so that still encouraging.

Although, I did have a couple grab their completed vaccine card and then take off without receiving the shot... :shrug:

Seriously????  😂  Seems like such a weird use of time.  

v0icAvfW.jpg

2 hours ago, Stealthlobo said:

yikes! they didn't complete mine until I was shot

Remember that every argument you have with someone on MWCboard is actually the continuation of a different argument they had with someone else also on MWCboard.