bornontheblue

Corona Virus - How bad is it going to be?

30 minutes ago, Bob said:

you have to be retarded to think that masks cured flu. Scandanavian countries that DIDN'T wear masks also saw a similar reduction in flu. So I guess the power of masks is so great that they cured flu even in countries where they didn't wear masks.

educate yourself:https://boriquagato.substack.com/p/your-mask-protects-me

oh sweet el gato malo's substack where he brings up mask use in regards to wound infection from a 2016 article not at all about the coronavirus that proceeds to try to debunk, uh, how snow fences work

Remember that every argument you have with someone on MWCboard is actually the continuation of a different argument they had with someone else also on MWCboard. 

4 minutes ago, Bob said:

you have to be retarded to think that masks cured flu. Scandanavian countries that DIDN'T wear masks also saw a similar reduction in flu. So I guess the power of masks is so great that they cured flu even in countries where they didn't wear masks.

Yeah, flu was cured because it spreads when you show symptoms.  And everyone was extremely cautious when they had any flu-like symptoms this year.

In my opinion, masks work to lessen spread in situations where two people are in close proximity and talking to each other.  But in the way our society uses them (pull them down when speaking, touch them and reuse all the time, etc.) they are basically a wash. 

54 minutes ago, Bob said:

Didn't wear masks, or didn't have mask mandates?

Because there were multiple studies that all demonstrated that personal behavior - like not going to bars, or choosing to wear a mask because they're not nuthugging dipshits - resulted in both the good (stopping transmission of the disease) and bad (econimic slowdowns).

You are f*cktastically retarded. And everybody on the board save for a few fellow nuthugging dipshits already knows this.

giphy.gif

St-Javelin-Sm.jpgChase.jpg 

8 minutes ago, soupslam1 said:

Lol. From the guy that whines the most about Bob’s posts. 

Lol. I argue with Bob’a nonsense. You whine that it is unfair. Nobody is banning anybody ya little snowflake.

• Haha 1

13 minutes ago, NVGiant said:

Lol. I argue with Bob’a nonsense. You whine that it is unfair. Nobody is banning anybody ya little snowflake.

You have to be pretty outrageous to get banned here and the last person who was, was a far lefty (Orange).

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Bob said:

Masks don't work Part One Million.

This time from an industrial hygienist with 9 patents in HVAC.

Turns out COVID is spread almost exclusively by aerosols. And, we (I), already know that  no mask can filter aeorols the size of covid 19. Masks are useless and if you wear one you are an oppressed sheep

N95s work by drawing the particles into the fabric with electrostatic charges, you dingus.

48 minutes ago, halfmanhalfbronco said:

You have to be pretty outrageous to get banned here and the last person who was, was a far lefty (Orange).

Definitely. It’s a feature of the board. 

1 hour ago, Bob said:

Masks don't work Part One Million.

This time from an industrial hygienist with 9 patents in HVAC.

Turns out COVID is spread almost exclusively by aerosols. And, we (I), already know that  no mask can filter aeorols the size of covid 19. Masks are useless and if you wear one you are an oppressed sheep.

http://www.dot.state.mn.us/d4/snowfence/documents/Structural Snow Fence Small.jpg

snowfence.jpg

Remember that every argument you have with someone on MWCboard is actually the continuation of a different argument they had with someone else also on MWCboard. 

8 minutes ago, Bob said:

Mexico and USA have the exact same curve as far as deaths, but we've vaccinated way more.

E1MeFZFXIAQveE0?format=jpg&name=small

do you think that our reporting and Mexico's is comparable or are there, hmm, "too many variables"? 

44 minutes ago, Bob said:

works super well when your n95 mask gets damp from your breath, tard-o

How Does A Snow Fence Work?

Poor Bob.  Just cant put the shovel down.

In the beginning the Universe was created.
This has made a lot of people very angry and been widely regarded as a bad move.

3 minutes ago, Bob said:

I'm sure Mexico's decline was due to something else, but ours is due to vaccines!

right, variables only matter when you're trying to deny science, now when you're trying to make questionable comparisons of your own!

8 minutes ago, Bob said:

I'm sure Mexico's decline was due to something else, but ours is due to vaccines!

If you read about the situation in Mexico you woud find that the only covid deaths that are counted are people that die in hospitals. Covid deaths in Mexico have been massively undercounted all along.

• Like 3
  • Facepalm 1

Thay Haif Said: Quhat Say Thay? Lat Thame Say

5 hours ago, Bob said:

works super well when your n95 mask gets damp from your breath, tard-o

That's why they aren't meant to be surgically attached to yer mouf, dumbass. Though I doubt anyone would complain in your case - maybe I'll launch a Kickstarter campaign to raise the money. What does outpatient OBGYN surgery cost in yer parts? $10? $20? 

Dr. Shi then teamed up with Ralph S. Baric, an eminent coronavirus researcher at the University of North Carolina. Their work focused on enhancing the ability of bat viruses to attack humans so as to “examine the emergence potential (that is, the potential to infect humans) of circulating bat CoVs [coronaviruses].” In pursuit of this aim, in November 2015 they created a novel virus by taking the backbone of the SARS1 virus and replacing its spike protein with one from a bat virus (known as SHC014-CoV). This manufactured virus was able to infect the cells of the human airway, at least when tested against a lab culture of such cells.

The SHC014-CoV/SARS1 virus is known as a chimera because its genome contains genetic material from two strains of virus. If the SARS2 virus were to have been cooked up in Dr. Shi’s lab, then its direct prototype would have been the SHC014-CoV/SARS1 chimera, the potential danger of which concerned many observers and prompted intense discussion.

“If the virus escaped, nobody could predict the trajectory,” said Simon Wain-Hobson, a virologist at the Pasteur Institute in Paris.

Dr. Baric and Dr. Shi referred to the obvious risks in their paper but argued they should be weighed against the benefit of foreshadowing future spillovers. Scientific review panels, they wrote, “may deem similar studies building chimeric viruses based on circulating strains too risky to pursue.” Given various restrictions being placed on gain-of function (GOF) research, matters had arrived in their view at “a crossroads of GOF research concerns; the potential to prepare for and mitigate future outbreaks must be weighed against the risk of creating more dangerous pathogens. In developing policies moving forward, it is important to consider the value of the data generated by these studies and whether these types of chimeric virus studies warrant further investigation versus the inherent risks involved.” 

https://science.sciencemag.org/content/372/6543/694.1  
4EF374E6-F416-42F6-BED1-16A82EE6E6AF.jpeg.bf0ef119b1c021212cc9dfe2d1a21c83.jpeg

Now about them bats...who should be allowed in those caves, if we  ever find them? Should anyone even be allowed to be messing around in there? Might we stop to consider that perhaps government funds amongst respectable countries should not be granted for certain spelunking in some caves?

• Like 1

We’re all sitting in the dugout. Thinking we should pitch. How you gonna throw a shutout when all you do is bitch.

5 hours ago, thelawlorfaithful said:

Now about them bats...who should be allowed in those caves, if we  ever find them? Should anyone even be allowed to be messing around in there? Might we stop to consider that perhaps government funds amongst respectable countries should not be granted for certain spelunking in some caves?

Not sure what you’re getting at? People who’ve studied bat coronavirus and human transmission for decades shouldn’t be able to research that anymore because of an unfounded hypothesis about a virus leaking out of a lab?

4 minutes ago, bsu_alum9 said:

Not sure what you’re getting at? People who’ve studied bat coronavirus and human transmission for decades shouldn’t be able to research that anymore because of an unfounded hypothesis about a virus leaking out of a lab?

Studying is a very benign way to put it, so let me break it down for you. If we ever find the real cause, either way, the wisdom we should take sends us in two entirely different directions with each scenario.

If it’s a lab leak from experimentally making a virus more susceptible to spread in humans (which we know they were doing), we can’t allow that kind of research anymore in first rate countries. The risk is too great, the devastation too enormous, and the value gained from such study amounts to zero. Next time could be worse.

If we do ever find the likely animal culprit populations, we would need more of the type of lab research we’re talking about. What we didn’t know about this virus was devastating. Next time could be worse.

d433aa6a72ac46a95c402e715f34178d.gif

• Cheers 1

We’re all sitting in the dugout. Thinking we should pitch. How you gonna throw a shutout when all you do is bitch.